Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Politics on this Message Board

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Greenhorned Rookie

Politics on this Message Board

Postby Nittany Steel37 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 am

Most may not recognize me, I mostly lurk and read, but I am getting SICK AND TIRED of politic crap hijacking threads. This board is for FOOTBALL TALK. Don't bring your Republican/Democrat/Libertarian/Communist/whatever else agenda into the conversation. As others have said, a Steelers message board is the last f@$king place I want to read political blather.

Time was, posts like that would either get deleted or given a one-way ticket to the Rants section. Moderators, step up!

Odds this thread gets hijacked by polticial blather----5:2

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Politics on this Message Board

Postby clarioncall » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 am

Can WE ALL AGREE ON THIS??????

ENOUGH OF THE POLITICS CRAP. We ALL need a break from 24/7 news and this is ONE for me.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 am

Nittany Steel37 wrote:Most may not recognize me, I mostly lurk and read, but I am getting SICK AND TIRED of politic crap hijacking threads. This board is for FOOTBALL TALK. Don't bring your Republican/Democrat/Libertarian/Communist/whatever else agenda into the conversation. As others have said, a Steelers message board is the last f@$king place I want to read political blather.

Time was, posts like that would either get deleted or given a one-way ticket to the Rants section. Moderators, step up!

Odds this thread gets hijacked by polticial blather----5:2

Amen brother! :suplusone:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Still CA Still » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:37 am

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!
Banish the "Libertard and Conservatard" posts. If you feel compelled to tie politics into the B&G, please call Rush, Olberman or any other hack you are most comfortable ranting with. NO MORE POLITICS ON THIS BOARD!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Uhh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 am

:suplusone:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby stillchest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Thank you......I agree.

Seriously though, fascism sucks....how many here agree?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Still CA Still wrote:Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!
Banish the "Libertard and Conservatard" posts. If you feel compelled to tie politics into the B&G, please call Rush, Olberman or any other hack you are most comfortable ranting with. NO MORE POLITICS ON THIS BOARD!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:57 am

Steelhope wrote:

Yeah Yeah yeah - you are so innocent. You and SoCal posted your lib crap several time so don't give us this faux indignance

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 am

haha

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Still CA Still » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:42 am

Sorry, Heaven; no politics from me; libertard or otherwise. Please keep the political venom and invective away and concentrate on football. Actually, your strictly football views seem well-reasoned, you just lose credibility when the hating kicks in.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Still CA Still wrote:Sorry, Heaven; no politics from me; libertard or otherwise. Please keep the political venom and invective away and concentrate on football. Actually, your strictly football views seem well-reasoned, you just lose credibility when the hating kicks in.

he may have meant steelhope

Grizzled Veteran

Postby PSUPERCY » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:54 pm

:suplusone: Finally!!!!!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

steelcitymetal wrote:
Still CA Still wrote:Sorry, Heaven; no politics from me; libertard or otherwise. Please keep the political venom and invective away and concentrate on football. Actually, your strictly football views seem well-reasoned, you just lose credibility when the hating kicks in.

he may have meant steelhope

hardly

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby blackngoldB » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:50 pm

It is good though that people are talking about it. You have to admit it. All my life people didn't seem to care about politics, but people are waking up. I agree this isn't the place for politics, but it is good none the less to see people waking up from the governments lull. So, one last time..... :suplusone: to everyone for being more politically minded and.....
:sufu: to Specter
:sufu: to Murtha
:sufu: to all the rest of the corporate shills in DC
Your days are numbered til the next election.
(Sorry, I never said anything political here and wanted to get it all out here so it doesn't slip later)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm

sorry blackngoldB but that growth in your private parts area looks just like Cowher....you should get that taken care of....could be an STD

:lol:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Field General Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm

stillchest wrote:Thank you......I agree.

Seriously though, fascism sucks....how many here agree?

I agree. My uncles fought fascism. Let freedom ring.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:33 am

PGHeaven wrote:
Steelhope wrote:

Yeah Yeah yeah - you are so innocent. You and SoCal posted your lib crap several time so don't give us this faux indignance

Do you actually comprehend what you read? I have made it clear many times that I am a 10 year vet who is extremely conservative while simultaneously pleading for everyone to shut the fuck up about politics on this board. What have you personally done in your life to contribute to the American political process besides come on a football forum and spew condescending bullshit. Unlike you, I don't give a fucking rat's ass how everyone here votes so long as they are all Stiller fans! Get the hell off your political soap box. BTW - I agree with most of your political takes but I don't like how you continuously interject political name calling every time a fellow Stiller fan disagrees with you. Please feel free to find an example of me posting liberal crap. WTF? :?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:38 am

pelosi blinks a lot

Practice Squad

Postby AZ Steel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm

SoCal,
I wouldn't even waste your time with PG. You actually make good points in an educated, sensible manner. For some reason, PG has an extreme aversion to intelligent discourse. He’ll just start repeating the same inane, absolutely ridiculous political rant over and over and over again.

And honestly, I don’t give a crap if you believe that Obama is a communist who is going to eat your children, screw your wife and singlehandedly obliterate the Steelers organization by brainwashing the Rooney Family. I also don’t care if you believe that Dick Cheney is a fascist warmonger who will use American soldiers as human shields to protect his stockpiles of cash then shoot you in the face and suck out your soul. Like you SoCal, and I’m sure many readers feel this way, I just don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks about politics here. I come to this forum to talk about the Steelers.

I agree that moderators need to step up and move all political tirades to the rant forum or trash where they belong. Moderators, are you out there?

Regardless of your political affiliation, I want to thank all reasonable Steelers fans (perhaps that’s an oxymoron – at least when it actually relates to the Steelers) who come to this site to talk football. Let's keep talking about STEELERS FOOTBALL! 2010 Super Bowl, here we come!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Nittany Steel37 wrote:Odds this thread gets hijacked by polticial blather----5:2

:sudancin:

Next

Return to Rant Forum