Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Why do you even bother doing Power Rankings?

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Practice Squad

Why do you even bother doing Power Rankings?

Postby JamesBrooks21 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 am

You should just put the Squeelers on top and be done with it. How could you honestly put them 5th and the Bengals 7th going into last week? Yeah you know the team that beat Chicago 45-10 who beat you. How can you justify putting them over the Bengals, besides the fact you are a homer?

Squeelers 6-2 Losses to Bengals and Bears
Wins over Titans Chargers Browns Lions Vikings Broncos

Bengals 6-2 Losses to Broncos and Texans
Wins over Packers Ravens(x2) Pitty Bears Cleveland

Looks like you are putting everything in that one Minnesota win where you got two lucky defensive touchdowns and one because of some weak ass penalty against the Vikings that nullified a touchdown.

Why even bother? Why not just go-ahead and put the Stealers in #1 spot? In a couple weeks after you win a couple games and the Bengals are 10-2 you will just put them back in front for no apparent reason.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Why do you even bother doing Power Rankings?

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 pm

What was the spread going into the game?

Practice Squad

Postby JamesBrooks21 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:20 am

LOL. Are you kidding me? Thats what you are going to tell me, that because Pittsburgh was favored they should be higher in the power rankings? I thought everyone knew but I guess not. That spread is a number trying to get the same number of bets on one side as the other. That number has nothing to do with what they think is the correct spread and which team is better. Its just a number for those who bet on these contests, and think they know something about the game to lay down an equal amount of money on each side so the House makes the money on the juice. So if that is all you have to go on maybe I do realize why its so screwed up. The Saints in front of the Colts?? The Saints have struggled at times in the past 4 weeks. The Colts have too, but not like New Orleans. Indy beat St Louis like 42-6 and the Saints barely squeaked by them. The point will be mute with the Bengals and the Colts going into this week anyway. If these rankings are legit the Colts will take over 1st after the New England win and the dumbass Bellichick call, and the Bengals will move up to 4th.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 pm

1st. - They aren't my rankings.
2nd - I asked a question about the spread. (One i still don't know the answer to.) I did not make an argument.
3rd - I am aware of how/why the spread is established.
4th - the spread does represent how the betting public views the two teams. they are ranking the teams with their dollars. (How sound their judgement is, is certainly up for debate.)
5th - This site has been in existence for over a decade. Feel free to disagree with our authors, but don't for a second think we give a damn whether you think we're "legit"

Since you are so concerned about them, Haven (the author) has published his new rankings:

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2476.aspx

Practice Squad

Postby SamoanFury » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:03 am

thesteelhammer wrote:5th - This site has been in existence for over a decade. Feel free to disagree with our authors, but don't for a second think we give a damn whether you think we're "legit"

Yeah, feel free to disagree with the author...just be careful not to express those disagreements in any way, shape, or form. Free will and the ability to think for yourself has been ban-able offenses for over a year now.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:37 am

SamoanFury wrote:
Yeah, feel free to disagree with the author...just be careful not to express those disagreements in any way, shape, or form. Free will and the ability to think for yourself has been ban-able offenses for over a year now.

says a guy who just joined 2 days ago...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steel Holiday » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:08 am

James quit whining like a bitch who spent all day at the beach and is now completely raw b/c she got sand up her cho-cha. Haven's opinions are highly valued as a matter of fact. 99% of the moaning comes from people who are too dim witted to form their own conclusions. If you think what is written is bull-shit then write your own shit, make it smash mouth, and force people to like it!! :!: Shedding tears over another fan's work is not why people should join message boards. :sufootballreferee: (Urge to insult needle necked closet Browns fan rising... :? )

Return to NFL Forum