Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Is PPG's Dulac blasting Sweed?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Is PPG's Dulac blasting Sweed?

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Dulac is kinda like Sweed leads the Steelers with five receptions after two preseason games, but that means nothing cause he's already has dropped a couple passes and is averaging just 6.4 yards per catch, but don't worry it will all be alright.

Hey Gary - make up your mind.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08234/905914-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Is PPG's Dulac blasting Sweed?

Postby darthsteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 pm

I think the ones he dropped were very poorly thrown by dixson a 3rd string qb,except the one that hit him strainght on in the hands.

catching that crappy pass and landing on his head while holding onto the ball should really be the more important thing, as it shows he has major skills.

dulac is just looking for things to fill his articles with since there really is not much going on in stiller camp besides the dline collapse..

dulac should be reporting on wether or not sweed is getting open/separation, which is what is important at this point in sweed's career. If he has the drops over the next 2 games, then make the story. After 3-4 qts of play total is kinda dumb...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Gulac said this ~

What is more significant about Sweed, a No. 2 draft choice from Texas, is that he already has dropped a couple passes and is averaging a mere 6.4 yards per catch -- numbers that pale to the gaudy statistics he compiled in college.

And Arians said this ~

"He's trying to do the 'wow' every play," offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "Just give me 6 yards and catch it. Make the plays that are there, not the wow-play every time."

darthsteel wrote:I think the ones he dropped were very poorly thrown by dixson a 3rd string qb,except the one that hit him strainght on in the hands.

I agree with your assessment, darth. The pass that was thrown right to Sweed that he dropped was his own fault.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:57 pm

He's trying to do the 'wow' every play

At least he's trying to make plays. I guess he wants him to be more like Washington and make an effort every second or third play???? :?

Return to Stillers Talk