Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Concerns about Mitch Berger

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Concerns about Mitch Berger

Postby benstunner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:25 pm

As of last night I think Berger is the better of the two punters who are battling for this years punting position.

One concern is Berger's age. He is 36. However he is fully healed and his leg seems very strong being that he has only played in five regular season games in the last two seasons combined. Punters are usually able to punt at this age so this is not my main concern.

I am a little bit concerned about when the weather gets cold. In 1994 he played 5 games with Philly and in 2007 he played in 5 games with Arizona. Outside of that he played his entire career with Minnesota, St. Louis and New Orleans. All of which are dome teams.

So when the weather gets cold will Berger be able to handle it?

I hope so because from what I've seen this guy has a strong leg and seems to be better then Ernster (who really has not looked bad either)

Practice Squad

Re: Concerns about Mitch Berger

Postby J & L Steel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 pm

benstunner wrote:As of last night I think Berger is the better of the two punters who are battling for this years punting position.

One concern is Berger's age. He is 36. However he is fully healed and his leg seems very strong being that he has only played in five regular season games in the last two seasons combined. Punters are usually able to punt at this age so this is not my main concern.

I am a little bit concerned about when the weather gets cold. In 1994 he played 5 games with Philly and in 2007 he played in 5 games with Arizona. Outside of that he played his entire career with Minnesota, St. Louis and New Orleans. All of which are dome teams.

So when the weather gets cold will Berger be able to handle it?

I hope so because from what I've seen this guy has a strong leg and seems to be better then Ernster (who really has not looked bad either)

The thing is,Berger's age should be the least of our concerns being he would only be a one year fill in so to speak until Sepulveda is healthy again.

Practice Squad

Postby benstunner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:51 pm

I'm more concerned about his age as in towards the end of the season will his leg get tired?

I hope not because he seems like a really solid punter

Seasoned Veteran

Postby logjammin » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:43 am

I wonder if they cut Gardocki because he was older than Tomlin. Is Ernster older than Tomlin (whose birthday is earlier; I think they are both 36)?

Practice Squad

Postby J & L Steel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:32 am

logjammin wrote:I wonder if they cut Gardocki because he was older than Tomlin. Is Ernster older than Tomlin (whose birthday is earlier; I think they are both 36)?

Gardocki did have a hot wife-did you ever see her? Wow.

I think the Steelers cut Gardocki because he was terrible :D

Return to Stillers Talk