Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Micah Rucker...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Micah Rucker...

Postby 4nic8 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:38 pm

MICAH RUCKER – WR

HEIGHT – 6-6

WEIGHT – 221

COLLEGE – Eastern Illinois

BIRTHDATE – January 4, 1985

BIRTHPLACE – Bonita Springs, Fla.

HOW ACQUIRED – FA-‘08

NFL EXPERIENCE – Rookie

PRO: Signed as a rookie free agent by the Steelers on April 28, 2007.

COLLEGE: Played in 24 games at Eastern Illinois after transferring in from Minnesota, where he appeared in 12 games, prior to his junior season, with all 24 of his career starts coming with the Panthers…2007 honorable mention All-America as selected by The Sports Network…2006 third-team All-America selection by The Sports Network…two-time first-team All-OVC…finished with career totals of 108 catches for 1,819 yards (16.8 avg.) and 21 touchdowns…majored in communication. 2007 (Eastern Illinois): Sports Network honorable mention All-American…first-team All-OVC…started all 11 games he played for the Panthers…led team in all major receiving categories with 55 receptions for 777 yards (14.1 avg.) and nine touchdowns…his 54 points were third highest on the team…caught a season-high 11 passes versus Murray State on Oct. 13…had two-touchdown games against Tennessee Tech on Aug. 30, Tennessee-Martin on Oct. 20 and Tennessee State on Oct. 27. 2006 (Eastern Illinois): Sports Network third-team All-American…first-team All-OVC and All-OVC Newcomer team…led EIU in scoring with 78 points…had a three touchdown performance against Southeast Missouri…49 receptions for 966 yards (19.7 avg.), becoming the first EIU receiver since 1986 with more than 800 yards receiving…named OVC Newcomer of the Week two times. 2005 (Minnesota): Appeared in all 12 games for the Golden Gophers, making four receptions for 76 yards. 2004 (Minnesota): Saw limited action for a Golden Gophers squad that went 7-5 and played in the Music City Bowl. 2003 (Minnesota): Sat out his true freshman season as a redshirt.

PERSONAL: Attended Estero High School in Estero, Florida…earned All-State honors in football and basketball at Estero…basketball team won 2003 district basketball championship…son of Geneva and Larry Rucker…father played basketball at Winston-Salem State under legendary coach Clarence “Big House” Gaines…Full name: Micah Rucker.

Does anybody know anything about this guy. Does he have a shot at making the team or is he bound to end up in Europe playing semi-pro bball?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Micah Rucker...

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm

europe was cancelled i believe

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Thu May 22, 2008 5:32 pm

Europe is long gone

Practice Squad

Postby Still_Poppin » Thu May 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I am the director of the television station that broadcasts the Eastern Illinois football games, so I have watched Micah ever since he transfered to Eastern from Minnesota. Had we not drafted Limas Sweed I would have said Micah would make the team easily, however I beleive it will be a battle for him with Washington and Baker both looking to make the team as well. Micah was easily the best player on our football team this year, however he was always double teamed due to the drop off in talent after him on our offense. The kid can jump out of the stadium (I cant remember what his stats were at the combines but I remember they were really good) and his hands are huge. He made one handed catches constantly and he was pretty fast from what I remember. If we would have had someone to compliment him on our offense he would have easily been drafted in the first 5 rounds. Also it didnt help out that Eastern is primarily a running team ( we havent been passing since Romo left). My pick is he makes the practice team, way to much talent and potential to cut, but that s coming from a homer.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu May 22, 2008 5:55 pm

If what you say is true he should have been drafted....somewhere....what happened? there has to be a reason he was not drafted.

is he really slow? bad routes? gotta be something.

Practice Squad

Postby Still_Poppin » Thu May 22, 2008 6:28 pm

His stats really arent that spectacular, and he is from a DI-AA school. His 40 was a little slow (Im not positive about this but I think I remember reading it). However he was a great leader for our team, and has good character. I was really surprised he didnt get drafted, I was thinking near the end of the 7th.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks for the report Poppin. I hope this kid beats out Washington and Baker. He looks like a physical speciman, and I think I read somewhere that his vertical is 41". If he can catch, he's got one up on Washington. Could be another great undrafted rookie.

For you other fools that can't read. Bball stands for basketball and it isn't leaving Europe anytime soon.

Practice Squad

Postby Still_Poppin » Thu May 22, 2008 6:41 pm

If you want an interesting stat, Rucker lined up opposite of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (the 16th pick in this years draft) and was even double teamed alot throughout the game and put up some good stats against him (2006: 5 catches, 77 yards, 0 TD's) (2007: 3 catches, 50 yards, 2 TD's) and he played some good games against large schools (2006 vs Illinois: 4 catches, 105 yards, 1 TD) (2007 vs Purdue: 6 catches, 74 yards, 0 TD)

Practice Squad

Postby Still_Poppin » Thu May 22, 2008 6:49 pm

hahaha, sorry for posting so much, but if you wanna see some highlights of Rucker here is a link http://youtube.com/watch?v=1482IZIsaoc&feature=related

its both offense and defense but almost all of the plays they show on offense are to Rucker...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby steelmann58 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:18 am

He sounds like a pefect PS player for the steelers to groom.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Fri May 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Still_Poppin wrote:hahaha, sorry for posting so much, but if you wanna see some highlights of Rucker here is a link http://youtube.com/watch?v=1482IZIsaoc&feature=related

its both offense and defense but almost all of the plays they show on offense are to Rucker...

Pop Off Pimpin... Post away... Im Learnin N' Stuff....

Practice Squad

Postby Todd » Fri May 23, 2008 2:46 pm

If what you say is true he should have been drafted....somewhere....what happened? there has to be a reason he was not drafted.

He plays at Eastern Illinois. Xavier Omon had over 7,000 career yards rushing, and he just managed to be a 6th round pick. Theres no mystery here.

Practice Squad

Postby tjs1974 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 am

Rucker is a Giant. If this kid makes it, could you imagine the red zone package of Miller, Rucker, Spaeth and Sweed:)? Defenses would have fits.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 am

4nic8 wrote:Thanks for the report Poppin. I hope this kid beats out Washington and Baker. He looks like a physical speciman, and I think I read somewhere that his vertical is 41". If he can catch, he's got one up on Washington. Could be another great undrafted roookie.

Hold your breath waiting for Micah Rucker to take Nate Washington's job.

I doubt he's good enough to move Dallas Baker off the roster, let alone move a proven player like Nate Washington to the unemployment line.

Keep dreaming though, it's entertaining bullshit.

Practice Squad

Postby Still_Poppin » Mon May 26, 2008 2:08 pm

is there anywhere that we can keep track of how the players are doing at the mini camps??? Im curious about some of these rookies and really want to know what the coaches think about them.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 am

Kill Cowher wrote:
4nic8 wrote:Thanks for the report Poppin. I hope this kid beats out Washington and Baker. He looks like a physical speciman, and I think I read somewhere that his vertical is 41". If he can catch, he's got one up on Washington. Could be another great undrafted roookie.

I doubt he's good enough to move Dallas Baker off the roster, let alone move a proven player like Nate Washington to the unemployment line.

What's entertaining, is your love affair with Nate.

Proven player? All he has proven is that he runs shitty routes and can't catch the ball.

How did Nate's contract talks go this offseason?

Did the Steelers lock up this proven player long-term? :no:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Tue May 27, 2008 4:55 pm

4nic8 wrote:
Kill Cowher wrote:

What's entertaining, is your love affair with Nate.

Proven player? All he has proven is that he runs shitty routes and can't catch the ball.

How did Nate's contract talks go this offseason?

Did the Steelers lock up this proven player long-term? :no:

Hey cumstain, if Washington is so terrible, what say we make a little wager concerning Micah Rucker taking Washington's job this season?

Do you have the balls, or do you have a vagina?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:47 pm

How about we wager on who is with the team longer, no matter what capacity?

I doubt Washington even gets picked up next year...

And what's with the lame ass insults...you're a little rusty...been hangin out at Fury too long.

You don't have to hold back here. Tell us how you really feel.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Tue May 27, 2008 5:58 pm

4nic8 wrote:How about we wager on who is with the team longer, no matter what capacity?

And what's with the lame ass insults...you're a little rusty...been hangin out at Fury too long.

You think Micah Rucker will be with the Steelers longer than Washington?

:lol:

Rucker will be VERY LUCKY to make the practice squad this year.

Very, very lucky, sweetheart.

:yes:

....and you don't think Washington will have a job in the NFL next season? How fucking dumb are you? (and that's a serious question)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:24 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:
4nic8 wrote:How about we wager on who is with the team longer, no matter what capacity?

You think Micah Rucker will be with the Steelers longer than Washington?

:lol:

Rucker will be VERY LUCKY to make the practice squad this year.

Very, very lucky, sweetheart.

:yes:

....and you don't think Washington will have a job in the NFL next season? How fucking dumb are you? (and that's a serious question)

Last I checked there isn't much of a market out there for unknown guys from Tiffin who can't run routes or catch the ball.

Washington's stats are directly related to Ben extending the play and improvising.

Washington running a timing route? Fuhgeddaboutit.

If there was a market out there for him, don't you think he would have gone somewhere else this year instead of signing a one-year tender.

The one year contract was kind of a slap in the face for such a valuable prospect, wasn't it?

When your hearts on fire the smoke tends to get in your eyes a bit. Don't it fag? :heart:

Next

Return to Stillers Talk