Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Nate "butterfinger" Washington

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Nate "butterfinger" Washington

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Nate does it again he out ran the mascott, got past the bench but when water boy John Dough threw the perfect pass Nate dropped it. Nate was heard complaining tht the Mascott was holding but replay shows mascot had already rolled over (laughing).

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Nate "butterfinger" Washington

Postby Field General Ben » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 pm

jstallworth82 wrote:Nate does it again he out ran the mascott, got past the bench but when water boy John Dough threw the perfect pass Nate dropped it. Nate was heard complaining tht the Mascott was holding but replay shows mascot had already rolled over (laughing).

Great stuff. What do you do for an encore?

Practice Squad

Postby Father George » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Great stuff. What do you do for an encore?

One handed clap?

I was at camp on Sunday and saw Nate catch a bunch of passes. Get off the dudes nuts!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:50 am

It's funny that this idea of Nate having butterfingers keeps making the rounds. Someone posted the percentage of passes he has dropped and it is very low, lower than other WRs on the team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 am

I like Nate but I like getting people started also but the fact is, it doen't always matter the percentage of passes dropped it is when they happen. And also what type of pass, when you are wide open and there is no pressure you need to make the catch. I know when you are that open it takes a lifetime for the football to get there but you still must make the catch. Every WR misses an easy one once in awhile but I bet if you look at how mant easy passes were dropped Nate would be up there. Nerves, trying too hard are possible reasons but the coaching staff needs to address that and if he still has nerves at this point in his career it doesn't look good.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Roger that. If Nate snags the easy balls but drops passes in the end zone or when he's open for first-down yardage, I will have a fucking conniption. And I had too many of those last season.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Nate's MO is to make a ridiculous catch that leaves you scratching your head followed by one or two Crisco-fingered flubs on routine balls. Maybe he needs to visit Sweed's eye doctor... 8-)

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 pm

I suspect that Nate probably wants to run with the ball before catching it (when he is wide open), and he looks away from the ball too soon. He can make the amazing catch when he keeps his eyes on the ball. Simple stuff, really.

Return to Stillers Talk