Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Mendenhall

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Mendenhall

Postby California Still » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Both the PG and Trib gave accounts of Mendenhall's inability to punch it in during the goal line drill. Even Tomlin appeared ticked off; after all, this is one of the reasons he was drafted. Should this be a legitimate cause for concern so early in camp or it simply a matter of getting used to the intensity level?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Mendenhall

Postby darthsteel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 pm

ohh jeeeez! :roll:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:49 pm

California Still wrote:Both the PG and Trib gave accounts of Mendenhall's inability to punch it in during the goal line drill. Even Tomlin appeared ticked off; after all, this is one of the reasons he was drafted. Should this be a legitimate cause for concern so early in camp or it simply a matter of getting used to the intensity level?

Mendehall is ripped. All-muscle.
What we need is a "Fat Back" :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:09 pm

It is only the first week of TC. Hell we couldn't score all last year on 3rd and goal and your already throwing in the towel. If he gets 2 TDs he will have done more than the entire team last year (RBs)

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:53 pm

jstallworth82 wrote:It is only the first week of TC.

Exactly. :roll:

Might as well write him off as a bus because he didn't score in the first week of training camp. I can't believe we wasted a first round draft pick on this waste (sarc).
Marines should come with warning labels.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelCityFan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:09 pm

If only we had Mark Brunner and Jerome Bettis back. All our goal line worries would be over. :D

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Field General Ben » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:51 pm

SteelCityFan wrote:If only we had Mark Brunner and Jerome Bettis back. All our goal line worries would be over. :D

Or traded up for Jonathan Stewart! :D

Practice Squad

Postby Sillmiller » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:24 am

Maybe we should line fat Casey up as the goal line back he should be able to fall foward a yard or 2 :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:58 am

Well, Damn he got into the EZ yesterday but no threads about that!! I guess the only threads about our no. 1 pick are negative. I guess they are from the fans that are still upset that we did not take a fat back last year i.e. Lendale White or whatever his name is. Then we would have 2 people on pup for being too fat.

Practice Squad

Postby California Still » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 am

Easy, Girls. No one is burying the guy, simply posed an honest question:
"Should this be a legitimate cause for concern so early in camp or it simply a matter of getting used to the intensity level"?
No calls for a Fat Back, no panic and although I liked Dumptruck, he wasn't the answer either. Still, this guy was bought in with extremely high expectations and I'd love to see an inside, informed opinion. It's tough to tell from way out here.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 am

Well he is a very good listener and he runs hard. He takes criticism well and has done all that has been asked of him. The LB's have commented that he is a load to bring down and has good moves and good vision. He got into EZ on Tuesday and looked good doing it. When he gets into the open field he is quicker than you would think and he stood Hoke straight up and Hoke is no wimpy CB.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Mendenhall will adapt and get tougher every day. He was not really ready for the size and athleticism of NFL defensive players, he did not see that sort of athlete often, and especially across the board, on teams in college football. And, no existing defensive player on the Steelers wants any rookie to make them look bad, so they fight him. Tomlin wants to seem "down" on his goal line performance for psychological reasons (For Mendenhall and for the team and our opponents), but he loves Mendenhall. I think Mendenhall is going to be quite a running back and there's nothing at all to worry about. He will bloom into a widely feared back by mid-season, I think.

Practice Squad

Postby Yazman of Steel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Cut him. If he scores more than 1 TD this year I'll be surprised. Horrible draft pick. OH the humanity. Bwaaaaahhhhh.

Practice Squad

Postby fadden » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:57 pm

mendenhall scored in the most recent goal line drill by the way. helped to have kemoeatu back.

once mahan gets taken off the first line we'll be scoring pretty much at will. not really, but it will be a million times better.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Witchblade » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 pm

simply posed an honest question:

Yes and since there are no stupid questions just stupid people.

The answer is NO!
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.
P. J. O'Rourke (1947 - )

Practice Squad

Postby California Still » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 pm

The question was not rhetorical nor did it seek a yes/no answer, only insight.
Tell me Witchblade, is this Board your parent's attempt to "mainstream" you?
If so, please remind them that you are retarded and this is not the proper forum for their experiment.
Jstall, Nel and Fadden; thanks for the courtesy and insight of your replies.

Return to Stillers Talk