Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Colts vs. Redskins in the HOF bowl. "The Official Thread"

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Colts vs. Redskins in the HOF bowl. "The Official Thread"

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Anyone else watching this crap?

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Colts vs. Redskins in the HOF bowl. "The Official Thread"

Postby sarka196 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Yes, only because I have not had any sports (that I care about) to watch since the NHL Playoffs.
Marines should come with warning labels.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Brennen looks pretty good - of course it is against guys who won't be on a team in a month.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Colt is a good quarterback, but I don't think his body is strong enough yet to play a lot of games in the NFL.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:52 am

All I can say is it is great to be watching football again! :celebrate:

Brennan did look good, but what is up with the LB playing QB on the Colts? :D
That dude is huge and just does not look right behind the o-line. He looks like he should be on the o-line.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:52 am

Yeah just good to see dudes in pads and shit.

Colt Brennan...has anyone's stock ever dropped as quickly as his did from the beginning of his senior year to the draft? That said, he actually looked pretty good in garbage time, and i think he'll at least make the team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:17 am

Nashsteeler wrote:Yeah just good to see dudes in pads and shit.

Colt Brennan...has anyone's stock ever dropped as quickly as his did from the beginning of his senior year to the draft? That said, he actually looked pretty good in garbage time, and i think he'll at least make the team.

I'm from VA so Skins news is all over the place and from what I've been hearing everyone is hoping that Colt becomes the #1 QB in 2 years after Campbell's contract expires. He suits the new west coast offense they're trying to use. Nobody here is sold on Campbell, including myself.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:43 am

He will start next year as to give them 1 year to evaluate him prior to shitcanning the present starter who in any case sucks and they are not going to entertain playing him any longer than they need to. You may see Colt start late in the season if they are out of P.O. picture, which theywill be.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm from VA so Skins news is all over the place and from what I've been hearing everyone is hoping that Colt becomes the #1 QB in 2 years after Campbell's contract expires. He suits the new west coast offense they're trying to use. Nobody here is sold on Campbell, including myself

Surely, they will wait to see him in game action before they annoint Colt, though. They still have a lot invested in Jason Campbell , and he did look good in his very short stint.

That said, I loved watching the Hawaii games that I watched last year (not often we get those in middle Tennessee). Dude can really sling it around in the right system. Wonder if he is too frail for the rigors of a 16 game season. Needs a year in the weight room with NFL trainers

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Nel wrote:Colt is a good quarterback, but I don't think his body is strong enough yet to play a lot of games in the NFL.

Good take. I don't know what he weighs now, but in this day and age, a 185 lb QB simply can't make it in the NFL. This game showed why he was great in college: has the instincts and can "wing it" it enough to make plays. Put him in a situation where NFL teams game plan for him with starting caliber DBs in there, and forget it. He will get crushed.

Anyone remember Steve Walsh? He had a better chance of overcoming being small with a pop gun arm and he couldn't make it in this league.

We got a whole 8 responses in this thread. This place is rocking! In the old days, we'd have 80 responses in a thread like this, easy.

Return to Stillers Talk