Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Punter

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Punter

Postby YDUHT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 pm

If we need a punter bring back Chris Gardocki.

Is he on a team????

I thought he did a good job for us when he played.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Punter

Postby sarka196 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 pm

No, he is not on a team. He now lives in Hilton Head, SC. I've seen him around here a couple times at golf tounaments and other events. He used to frequent a restuarant my wife was managing. I never got a chance to talk to him though, but I know he is not with any team this season.
Marines should come with warning labels.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby hschultz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 pm

dare i suggest we bring mike barr back into camp? i know he had an awful year last year with the cards...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Iron Gut » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:45 pm

You know, Chris Gardocki has never had a blocked punt in his career! :celebrate:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Practice Squad

Postby gumband » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 pm

damn people Gordocki sucked at the tail end of his career...how many punters in that age group...'n the WORLD (we have a Brit I believe on the team)...San Diego had an Austrailian football player puntin' for 'em...remember...(believe Woodson put a cleat 'n his face on hurdle on a kick return {remember that play})...There's no punters with dreams???...hell I have a guy who's all fluff 'n' no stuff 'n' the world's buyin' his snake oil to 'come prez...there's got to be somebody with a dream...Do the Steelers need to put up an Opening sign...does this generation have no balls that someone this age that is a punter can't step up...or do we have to carass them 'cause they were born without balls....OPPORTUNITY...if this is what a young generation brings when the chips are down....screw 'im

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm

does gumband have a translater? :?:

Practice Squad

Postby the Juice » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:06 pm

seriously folks....does it really matter?

Mark my words, we could sign any punter off any trash heap or hanging off any waiver wire, and our w/l record wont be any different.

Sad to say it, but this year will prove once and for all times, that drafting a punter in rd 4 is a incredibly stupid decision.

Practice Squad

Postby stillthere » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 pm

So Miller never effed us in a late game with a shit kick? And shit kick never caused the defense to be put in bad situation? and bad situation never led to a loss?

Me no so sure.

Practice Squad

Postby digitalbruiser » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Didn't Kordell punt for the Ravens one game? I bet he'd love to get back to the old Black and Gold...

Practice Squad

Postby the Juice » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:27 pm

feagles was punting for the sb champ giants last year and he is what? 45 years old.

so please...dont anyone tell me the friggin punter is a key cog in a solid football team

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Looks like we are still shoping for a punter.

Punter Scott Player, 38, worked out for the Steelers Wednesday in Latrobe. He has been with five teams since 1996. New England cut him in June. ...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08214/901122-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:41 am

digitalbruiser wrote:Didn't Kordell punt for the Ravens one game? I bet he'd love to get back to the old Black and Gold...

Roethlisberger punted twice before. Why don't we just use him as punter and save some space :no:

Practice Squad

Postby California Still » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:35 pm

To dismiss the importance of a solid punter is ridiculous. The ability to influence field position with long and/or accurate situational punting leads to points or at least more opportunities to score. It's also the D's best set-up play. Equally important is the ability to cover those punts. Sepulveda was not the second coming of Ray Guy last year, still he punted better than Gardocki and he has a strong upside. I'm hoping for a steady replacement and better coverage to compensate.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:20 pm

California Still wrote:To dismiss the importance of a solid punter is ridiculous. The ability to influence field position with long and/or accurate situational punting leads to points or at least more opportunities to score. It's also the D's best set-up play. Equally important is the ability to cover those punts. Sepulveda was not the second coming of Ray Guy last year, still he punted better than Gardocki and he has a strong upside. I'm hoping for a steady replacement and better coverage to compensate.

:yes:

I couldn't agree more. While I would not say the punter is as important a position as many others, it is still a very key part of the game. Hopefully, we at least find a decent temporary replacement that does not screw it up too often.
Marines should come with warning labels.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby ibleedBLACKandGOLD81 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 am

the Juice wrote:feagles was punting for the sb champ giants last year and he is what? 45 years old.

so please...dont anyone tell me the friggin punter is a key cog in a solid football team

With all due respect...you're an idiot

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby ibleedBLACKandGOLD81 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:28 am

the Juice wrote:seriously folks....does it really matter?

Mark my words, we could sign any punter off any trash heap or hanging off any waiver wire, and our w/l record wont be any different.

Sad to say it, but this year will prove once and for all times, that drafting a punter in rd 4 is a incredibly stupid decision.

Please refer to my last post

Return to Stillers Talk