Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Head Coach Tomlin

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Head Coach Tomlin

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Hopefully this young coach has seen the errors of his ways and can learn from them. In 1 Playoff appearance he has tken the term turtling to new heights. All you need is 1 first down and you will win 1 P.O. game. What does he do? 3 running plays and Punt. The D hadn't stopped Jax the whole game but let's give them the ball back. But hey in his first year he accomplished what no other coach in Steeler history could...... Lost to a non-divisional team twice in one year at Home...... Hopefully the fool learned something. Even Cowher wouldn't have turtled that game away..... But yeah some have too much confidence in him . This is the year he needs to make the right decisions if we are to win division and/or make Play-offs. Forget Keisel, FWP, or nyone else... This is the year that Tomlin needs to become a coach in the NFL.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Head Coach Tomlin

Postby lynchcowher » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:31 am

The three straight runs weren't really a problem for me.

It was more of a cumulative effect involving his:

1. Bringing in a complete and total turd in Gayhan.
2. Signing an absolutely worthless bum, Kendoll Simmons, to a huge fuckin contract.
3. Two failed two point conversions vs Jax (how many did we lose by again?) and
4. The 3rd & 6 QB keeper. Now what the fuck was he thinkin calling this play around our 3rd string LT? Seeing this made me long for the days of the 3rd and long shotgun draw.

I hope to hell Timmons turn out to be an absolute GOD at ILB. If he busts, I just may have to change my screen name.....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Isnt lynchcowher just plain theft of the killcowher name? :?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Please don't compare me to that bathroom stocking idiot...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Don't fool yourself.....last year was painful to watch for the most part. Of course, it was always interesting trying to anticipate who's "turn" it was each week to screw things up......special teams, the O-line, NateNate, no pass rush, Hampton, Troy P acting like a fool, our punter "booming" one about 20 yards...giving up the conversion on 3rd and forever....

No, the Jacksonville game put us out of our misery.

As far as Tomlin goes --- his evaluation metrics are simple. W and L. That's it. I really could care less what he does or does not do. Just win.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:25 pm

Tomlin is an idiot. He is nothing but a cliche machine. Just listen to his interviews. His 'we do what we do' attitude is complete crap. The league right now is about adjustments and being smarter than your opponent. With the cap, theoretically at least, teams should be equal but different as far as drafting, player development and coaching. Tomlin doesn't seem to understand any of this. His lack of admitting a big mistake with the 2-point conversion in the playoff game by saying something like "I'd do it again" speaks volumes. He is a dipshit. Hiring, then not firing Arians is all you need to know...oh, and not getting D-line help. If Smith goes down again this year, just mail it in. Get ready for some lean years.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Wooderson wrote:Tomlin is an idiot. He is nothing but a cliche machine. Just listen to his interviews. His 'we do what we do' attitude is complete crap. The league right now is about adjustments and being smarter than your opponent. With the cap, theoretically at least, teams should be equal but different as far as drafting, player development and coaching. Tomlin doesn't seem to understand any of this. His lack of admitting a big mistake with the 2-point conversion in the playoff game by saying something like "I'd do it again" speaks volumes. He is a dipshit. Hiring, then not firing Arians is all you need to know...oh, and not getting D-line help. If Smith goes down again this year, just mail it in. Get ready for some lean years.

Yeah, I hope he doesn't take a .500 team to the playoffs again :suspense:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Please...... He took a team ONE YEAR REMOVED FROM WINNING THE SUPERBOWL to an afcwc game without a leader.

The only reason we went .500 in 06 was Ben's skull getting caved in..... You know it, and I know it.
Last edited by lynchcowher on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby BensnewLG » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:34 am

Wooderson wrote:Tomlin is an idiot. He is nothing but a cliche machine. Just listen to his interviews. His 'we do what we do' attitude is complete crap. The league right now is about adjustments and being smarter than your opponent. With the cap, theoretically at least, teams should be equal but different as far as drafting, player development and coaching. Tomlin doesn't seem to understand any of this. His lack of admitting a big mistake with the 2-point conversion in the playoff game by saying something like "I'd do it again" speaks volumes. He is a dipshit. Hiring, then not firing Arians is all you need to know...oh, and not getting D-line help. If Smith goes down again this year, just mail it in. Get ready for some lean years.

If you think everything Tomlin says in his press conferences are his actual coaching philosophies then your the idiot. When it comes to the draft, Mendenhall was a steal for us unless you would have rather us taken a first round DL who will be ready to play "just in case" Smith does go down. And as for his 2-point conversions, if we would have converted both, he'd be a genius wouldn't he, it took some guts and thats something most first year coaches wouldn't have done.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 pm

BensnewLG wrote:

If you think everything Tomlin says in his press conferences are his actual coaching philosophies then your the idiot. When it comes to the draft, Mendenhall was a steal for us unless you would have rather us taken a first round DL who will be ready to play "just in case" Smith does go down. And as for his 2-point conversions, if we would have converted both, he'd be a genius wouldn't he, it took some guts and thats something most first year coaches wouldn't have done.

No kidding, some people on this site think that they get the whole picture of what goes on by watching ESPN 8 hours a day.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm

lynchcowher wrote:Please don't compare me to that bathroom stocking idiot...

Yeah, I have to agree, don't compare lynchcower to KillCowher. There is no comparison and it would really be putting down KC.

Lynchcowher is a racist worm and he did take his username from KC.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Tomlin made some rookie mistakes, just like Cowher did when he took over. Last season was still much improved over the same team that Cowher had the previous year. I like Tomlins style and I am looking forward to seeing what changes he has in store for the O-line and our offense in general. Tomlin has the potential to take this team far and has done a good job overall.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Witchblade » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Just for the record: I like Tomlin.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.
P. J. O'Rourke (1947 - )

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Please don't compare me to that bathroom stocking idiot...

Did this illiterate ball handler mean to write "bathroom stalking?"

:lol:

"bathroom stocking?" That's a new level of stupidity!

:wow:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Dude, you gotta quit eating those urinal cakes. You know, the ones you're supposed to STOCK the bathrooms with...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:51 pm

lynchcowher wrote:Dude, you gotta quit eating those urinal cakes. You know, the ones you're supposed to STOCK the bathrooms with...

Oh my.

:|

That was a piss poor attempt at a save.

But I guess it was the best this dumbfuck could come up with.

:lol:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 am

Witchblade wrote:Just for the record: I like Tomlin.

LOL, that is some football insight you have there bitchblade. You should probably stick to posting in the rant with your news links from the national enquirer. :lol:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:10 pm

I went a little far in my criticism of Tomlin. Don't drink and post I guess. Anyway, it seems he has learned from one of his mistakes last year. It appears from Steelers.com that there are no 2-a-days in this year's camp?? IF memory serves he a a few last year. Seems he may be concerned about overworking the guys too early. Cool.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:45 pm

Wooderson wrote: Don't drink and post I guess.

It's not the best thing to do.

At any rate, I am uncertain that I really "like" Tomlin. I want him stronger this year, without his tendency to be The Observer ... I want more of a Commander.

His approach last year was a little too anemic/intellectual/passive for my liking.

Mike Tomlin, this is your year, what's it going to be?

Return to Stillers Talk