Board index » Stillers Talk » Burress on Kordell Rumors

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Burress on Kordell Rumors

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:13 pm

Practice Squad

Re: Burress on Kordell Rumors

Postby StillCB26 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 am

Interesting article to me......from the perspective that I always cheered pretty hard for the guy....he was a fantastic character in Pittsburgh with a lot of passion that he put into children's hospital. I think the rumor was absolutely started by a pissed off fan and grew from there....but if there is any truth to it, I won't have a reaction...nor will I think it effected his play whatsoever.

Practice Squad

Postby Thor1970 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 am

You are right on the money about Kordell being involved with Children's Hospitals of Pittsburgh. He probably spent more time visiting those than any other athlete in Pittsburgh and mostly without any media attention. I recall Dan Rooney commenting once that he and Kordell had a good rapport, and that most fans would be surprised to know what a bright and intelligent young man Kordell was, Dan was referring to his discussion regarding current events and books they both had read.

Reading the message board comments is funny, so many people posting rumors or what they "heard" then saying someone should look it up, why not do the research before you bash a guy without the facts. Just shows what lazy cowards they are. I have had the opportunity to live in many places in the States, and it become a standard for disgruntled fans to label someone gay, and then state, that they have a buddy who's brother is a cop and can attest to the fact the guy was picked up. The stupidy of these people never cease to amaze

As a Steeler fan I was glad to see the end of the Kordell era, and thank God for Ben. But Kordell conduct himself with class, gave back to the community, and never tried to be a thug or a gangsta like some on the team, nor did he show up at training camp in a tricked out Ford Superduty Pickup...

Practice Squad

Postby Yazman of Steel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Thor1970 wrote:You are right on the money about Kordell being involved with Children's Hospitals of Pittsburgh. He probably spent more time visiting those than any other athlete in Pittsburgh and mostly without any media attention. I recall Dan Rooney commenting once that he and Kordell had a good rapport, and that most fans would be surprised to know what a bright and intelligent young man Kordell was, Dan was referring to his discussion regarding current events and books they both had read.

Reading the message board comments is funny, so many people posting rumors or what they "heard" then saying someone should look it up, why not do the research before you bash a guy without the facts. Just shows what lazy cowards they are. I have had the opportunity to live in many places in the States, and it become a standard for disgruntled fans to label someone gay, and then state, that they have a buddy who's brother is a cop and can attest to the fact the guy was picked up. The stupidy of these people never cease to amaze

As a Steeler fan I was glad to see the end of the Kordell era, and thank God for Ben. But Kordell conduct himself with class, gave back to the community, and never tried to be a thug or a gangsta like some on the team, nor did he show up at training camp in a tricked out Ford Superduty Pickup...

Fag?

Kidding, don't get your panties in a wad.

:?

Practice Squad

Postby bdl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Rumor? No way...My sister's sister-in-law's cousin new a guy who dated a girl whose aunt did the hair for a girl who dated a guy whose manager at work spoke to a cabdriver who gave a Steeler running back a ride to the airport and that guy said Kordell was gay....How can you refute this evidence? I mean, c'mon....he was a clearly a fruit.

Practice Squad

Postby Thor1970 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 am

Yaz - Go fuck yourself. You childish dick

Return to Stillers Talk