Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » World Series of Poker

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Re: World Series of Poker

Postby benstunner » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:17 am

They actually made the structure better this year. Last year I survived day 1 also but we played 6 levels on day 1 (this year we played 5). I think about 30 % survived day 1 last year. This year it looks as though about half (slightly over half) survived day 1. They added extra levels early on to add more play and the structure is much much better. The average stack is gonna be between 37 and 38k and I have about 25k (I had 37k but had a pretty crappy final hour of day 1).

Either way the blinds and antes are still relatively small at 250 - 500 with a 50 ante so there is still room for me to play I just hope I can chip up early.

They also got about 500 more players then last year.

Any word from Tank on how he did?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I am out - I lost day 1c.

Two hands killed me:

First a had AQ suited and the flop came A,A,7. Trip aces with a very good kicker...

Too bad the guy across from me was holding pocket 7's. The turn and river were blanks and I lost about half my stack.

A few hands later, I flopped two pair and lost on the river to a flush after I went all in. :x

Maybe next year. I could have been much more patient - as mentioned the levels are very easy this year.

Good luck on day 2b.

Practice Squad

Postby benstunner » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:38 pm

That sucks. Seems like you got cold decked pretty bad. I played Day 1C also and was at orange 42 the entire day.

Official numbers are in. 3,629 survived out of 6,844 entrants (53 %) for an average count of 37,700.

I was close to that count in level 4 but level 5 was pretty horrendous. Hopefully day 2 goes good.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Good luck Ben - I shoujld have been more patient. I still had many hours to play to get back into it. The blinds were plenty small enough... I was on Blue 28 I think - Amazon room.

Oh well - there's always next year.

I'll be playing in the 7pm nightly tournaments this week though. Maybe I'll recoup some.

Again, good luck.

Practice Squad

Postby benstunner » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:21 am

i busted on the last level of day 2b. a couple buddies of mine are still in though and doing pretty good.

nothing too interesting happened. again - i had pretty tough table draws and was very card dead. went out on a flip.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk