Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Nate Washington to change name.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Nate Washington to change name.

Postby indysteel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:36 pm

KC --- your hilarious. Seriously. I'm surprised your mother didn't raise you better. Do you really conduct your life this way? Interesting.

Here's something for you to think about numbnuts given that you compared NateNate to Santonio.....

www.footballoutsiders.com.

If you are intelligent enough to figure it out, you'll see that Holmes ranked 11th in DPAR and 6th in DVOA. DPAR essentially is total value and DVOA is essentially value per play. It's a way of statistically ranking players.

WHOA....where's NateNate? Why he is way down the list sitting at the 43rd and 55th slot.

Oh -- two other things.

1. You never did answer me about selecting NateNate in the first round of fantasy football. Did you even draft him? I'll tell you where NateNate ends up at during a Fantasy draft --- unselected. Nobody picks this clown up and, if they do, it's in the final rounds.

2. What's the love affair with NateNate? You never answered that one either. Are you sure your not Nate?

Try again KC. I'll keep toying with you for a bit longer.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Washington could be key player, but, so far, he is dropping the ball
Thursday, August 09, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bruce Arians used his own version of mental warfare on Nate Washington the other night. It's a form of psychology that Arians, the Steelers' offensive coordinator, picked up during his 32 years coaching football.

This is what he said to Washington after the receiver dropped two passes Sunday night against New Orleans:

"Catch the damn ball!" Arians said, repeating his blunt instructions. Then, he added, "If you want to stay here."

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:40 pm

indysteel wrote:Thursday, August 09, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
"Catch the damn ball!" Arians said, repeating his blunt instructions. Then, he added, "If you want to stay here."

That was last summer. Apparently Nate caught the ball enough the to stay.
What does it have to do with this summer?
We'll see.
Seem to me they keep trying to replace Nate and can't find anyone better...yet.
(Sweed might be that guy this year.)

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:26 am

Here's something for you to think about numbnuts given that you compared NateNate to Santonio.....

Yep, this is one SERIOUSLY thick-headed fuck.

:lol:

Hey dumbfuck, if you look at Washington's production (with FAR FEWER opportunities) to Santonio Holmes, a future star, Washington is more than earning his keep, girlfriend.

Holmes has been in the league for 2 years. Washington has been in the league 3 years, but was only active for a game or two his rookie year.

For the two to have the same number of TD catches is pretty amazing. Washington's yards per catch average the last two years was 17.8 and 15.5. Holmes? 16.8 and 18.1. Both are EXCELLENT in that area.

Holmes is more consistent, obviously, but as a starter, you would hope that would be the case. Washington isn't as consistent, partly because he doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of opportunities as Santonio.

Holmes is the far better player, but to make dumbfuck assertions that Washington drops everything thrown to him or that opposing defensive coordinators ignore him REALLY makes you look even dumber than you seem to be (if that's possible.)

Just root for all Steelers and give a special shout-out to our #3 receiver, Nate Washington!

:celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:32 am

Kill Cowher wrote:

Hey dumbfuck, if you look at Washington's production (with FAR FEWER opportunities) to Santonio Holmes, a future star, Washington is more than earning his keep, girlfriend.

Holmes has been in the league for 2 years. Washington has been in the league 3 years, but was only active for a game or two his rookie year.

For the two to have the same number of TD catches is pretty amazing. Washington's yards per catch average the last two years was 17.8 and 15.5. Holmes? 16.8 and 18.1. Both are EXCELLENT in that area.

Holmes is more consistent, obviously, but as a starter, you would hope that would be the case. Washington isn't as consistent, partly because he doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of opportunities as Santonio.

Holmes is the far better player, but to make dumbfuck assertions that Washington drops everything thrown to him or that opposing defensive coordinators ignore him REALLY makes you look even dumber than you seem to be (if that's possible.)

Just root for all Steelers and give a special shout-out to our #3 receiver, Nate Washington!

More deserving than Santonio? lmao. We all saw how NateNate plays against #1 and #2 corners in the league. Rewind to when we played the Cardinals last year when Willie Reid outplayed him.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:06 pm

No l Gravity l wrote:
Kill Cowher wrote:

More deserving than Santonio? lmao. We all saw how NateNate plays against #1 and #2 corners in the league. Rewind to when we played the Cardinals last year when Willie Reid outplayed him.

"More deserving" of what, retard?

:geek:

Oh and I don't think Willie Reid or Nate Washington should probably brag about their performance in the Cardinals game.

Washington had 2 catches for 18 yards, while Willie Reid had 2 catches for 23 yards.

:no:

If I were Willie Reid, I wouldn't be celebrating that game.

I would be praying I wasn't among the next batch of cuts.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:36 pm

You can only catch what is thrown to you. I dont think any other balls were thrown willie reids way and I cant recall him ever dropping a pass in game

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Did you see Nate's hesitation on the deep ball thrown his way in the Cardinals game?

He had two steps on the DB and hesitated while tracking the ball in the air, only to have it go through his fingertips.

I fell off his bandwagon the same time that ball hit the ground.

His sensational athletic skills almost make up for his lack of receiving skills...almost.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:You can only catch what is thrown to you. I dont think any other balls were thrown willie reids way and I cant recall him ever dropping a pass in game

No, just kick-offs. He was kinda brought here as a returner first and a receiver second.

He'd better step it up in a major way, this summer.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:37 pm

4nic8 wrote:Did you see Nate's hesitation on the deep ball thrown his way in the Cardinals game?

He had two steps on the DB and hesitated while tracking the ball in the air, only to have it go through his fingertips.

His sensational athletic skills almost make up for his lack of receiving skills...almost.

Weird that his job is safe and you'll be rooting like mad for him shortly.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:
4nic8 wrote:Did you see Nate's hesitation on the deep ball thrown his way in the Cardinals game?

How true...I am only one game changing TD away from being right back on his bandwagon.

I want him to perform up to his potential...I just don't want to wait 7 years for him to reach it.

C'mon Nate

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:11 pm

4nic8 wrote:
Kill Cowher wrote:

How true...I am only one game changing TD away from being right back on his bandwagon.

I want him to perform up to his potential...I just don't want to wait 7 years for him to reach it.

C'mon Nate

Weirdly enough, I'll bet it's extremely important to Washington, that he performs up to his potential for you.

;)

Even weirder, that Cardinals game was pretty early in the season, and Washington had a few "game changing TD" catches afterwards (2 against Baltimore, a HUGE TD catch against Jacksonville to tie the game late and 2 against the Rams) so it doesn't make a lot of sense that you jumped off the bandwagon in the first place.

Get ready to root like mad for #85!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:
Weirdly enough, I'll bet it's extremely important to Washington, that he performs up to his potential for you.

;)

Even weirder, that Cardinals game was pretty early in the season, and Washington had a few "game changing TD" catches afterwards (2 against Baltimore, a HUGE TD catch against Jacksonville to tie the game late and 2 against the Rams) so it doesn't make a lot of sense that you jumped off the bandwagon in the first place.

Dude I totally agree that those TD catches against the Ravens were game changing. I mean Jesus, NateNate drops one of his passes like usual and we probably would've lost the game :D

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:38 am

No l Gravity l wrote:
Kill Cowher wrote:

;)

Dude I totally agree that those TD catches against the Ravens were game changing. I mean Jesus, NateNate drops one of his passes like usual and we probably would've lost the game :D

How many drops did Washington have last season, cum stain?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:52 am

Kill Cowher wrote:Weirdly enough, I'll bet it's extremely important to Washington, that he performs up to his potential for you.

;)

You seriously need to re-evaluate what you consider game-changing.

I'll give you the Jacksonville one, but not every catch Nate makes is game changing.

It's just so rare, when he does catch one, it kind of takes a guy by surprise. How'd that one journalist describe him? Maddenly Enigmatic...

You really need to give his cock a rest KC :o

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:10 pm

4nic8 wrote:
Kill Cowher wrote:Weirdly enough, I'll bet it's extremely important to Washington, that he performs up to his potential for you.

;)

You seriously need to re-evaluate what you consider game-changing.

I'll give you the Jacksonville one, but not every catch Nate makes is game changing.

It's just so rare, when he does catch one, it kind of takes a guy by surprise. How'd that one journalist describe him? Maddenly Enigmatic...

You really need to give his cock a rest KC :o

How many drops did Washington have last season, roundmouth?

Oh and you should have told your father to give your cock a rest a few years back. Problem is, you didn't want him to.

Practice Squad

Postby jason97673 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:23 pm

What I'd like to know is how Washington had one of the most productive seasons(if not the best) for a 3rd WR in 06 if he can't catch.

There might be 1 or 2 WRs in the NFL in 2006(Nates first year as an every week player, mind you) that had better production(Yards/Catches/AVG) for a #3 WR with as little opportunities Washington had(Meaning on a run first team).

But yes, his production has been unbelievable for a #3 WR on a run first team, yet he cant catch. Sorry doesn't make sense. And last time I checked he was undrafted, making his production numbers even better then they are.

BTW: Nate has 4 or 5 career dropped passes.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Well, he did start two games in '06 season as the #1 WR, while he was amassing all those stats.

But he single-handedlly lost the game against the Falcons. We would have made the playoffs if he could have just held his position at the LOS during a spiked ball. The QB was spiking the freakin' ball. Why does a reciever even have to move? :no:

I would trade Washington for a trip to the playoffs that year anyday... and twice on Sunday. :yes:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:04 pm

jason97673 wrote:BTW: Nate has 4 or 5 career dropped passes.

Does that include deep balls that he hesitates on and then can't quite run under?

How about crappy routes, when Ben reads one thing and he reads another and the ball ends up going to no one?

Practice Squad

Postby jason97673 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:04 pm

4nic8 wrote:
jason97673 wrote:BTW: Nate has 4 or 5 career dropped passes.

Does that include deep balls that he hesitates on and then can't quite run under?

How about crappy routes, when Ben reads one thing and he reads another and the ball ends up going to no one?

No but alot of people seem to think he cant catch when in fact he can. Running bad routes or having bad awareness doesnt mean he cant catch.

And by the way, Mike Vick having a career day is why we lost against the Falcons, not Washington. Thats a simple case of thinking one play lost a game. There is never ONE play that loses a game.

PreviousNext

Return to Stillers Talk