Register

Board index » Rant Forum » finally had it with bruce!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Greenhorned Rookie

Re: finally had it with bruce!

Postby Guinness » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Well if you think I am unemployed please be the 1st to step up and take my challenge that I issued last week. If you would like to exchange photos of assets, I will certainly oblige you and you will see how VER employed I am. Just because I post alot doesnt mean I dont have a job. What you will find in those many posts are clear, honest anc concise evaluation of the team I love. At press time he FAILED to present ONE post where I said I like Arians. So I assume the record shows I do not like the man. As I said on one of my other posts, I have learned to TRUST the Steeler brass in regards to the draft, they have a track record that is undeniably successful. If they make a blunder now and again, that only proves what we all know, that they are human. Again, I dont question their successful drafting methods.

Completely avoided my point so I take it you acknowledge that the Steelers do indeed invest draft picks to fit a system...aka the Arians offense.

Reading thru some of your more recent posts I see you backpeddling quickly on your position re. Ben as well. Now it seems you are only making the arguement that he holds onto the ball too long??? Is this a revelation??? Sherlock Holmes you are not. Ben himself acknowledges that he is often the culprit in ringing up sacks for not throwing the ball away. It didn't take 200+ posts to convince anyone of that point. Last week I recall a much more negative slant with you assessment of Ben's abilities. I imagine Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton have now leapt ahead of him on your quarterback ranking after their performaces last week.

As for your assets - may they may be as plentiful as your free time...I don't begrudge anybody for being wealthy. I won't share mine - it is too painful to look at myself right now with the stock market AND real estate markets in free fall...suffice to say I won't be selling anything anytime soon.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:42 pm

darthsteel wrote:you can spin it anyway you like scalehead, facts are ben has total control over the no huddle and final say!

According to you sir. Told you he wouldnt/couldnt answer what Lebeau and Arians were doing while PLAYERS calle the plays. :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 pm

I'm backpedaling on my position about Ben? How so? I merely stated that he holds the ball too long and HE DOES. When I said that why did 3/4 of this site PROTEST and call me a troll? If you guys agreed why the opposition? Feel free to go look at the posts and tell us what you find. I think yoru and others positions have softened due to the MEDIA saying the same thing as I did, remember you heard it here 1st. Please dont make me pull up some of your remarks regarding what I said.... In the 1st half Ben WAS holding onto the ball too long and how did we look sir? The 2nd half he got it out quick and how did we look sir?? I STILL Maintain that Brady is #1, Manning #2, Carson #3, Romo #4, Eli #5, Rivers #6, Brees #7 and Ben #8. As I said BEFORE, Ben has MORE physical gifts than ALL of the qbs on the list but MY list is based on understanding and the ability to know where every person is at on the field, Ben doesnt have the UNDERSTANDING yet, hes eratic (truth). In regards to Orton, hes a bum. I have ALWAYS said that Campbell had upside but I'm REALLY impressed with what I saw from Flacco in terms of UNDERSTANDING. Hes going to be a thorn in our hide for years to come and thats not a good thing. Lastly, I NEVER second guess the Steelers in regards to the draft, the track record speaks for itself. Why wouldnt ANY organization draft to fill a need? Dont they all? Look at the bummy TEs we had when Cowher/Wiz were here (excluding Heath). So please tell me how am I backpedaling on Ben?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 pm

John Madden
quote "ben calls his own plays in the no huddle"

He did not say ben is given 1 run and 1 pass play, I will say it again ben calls his own plays in the no huddle.

Only a pop warner calibre armchair qb would be idiotic enuff to think a pro qb would be given 2 plays to choose from out of 60, this is not pop warner douche baggggggg :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:22 am

John Madden does NOT watch every Steeler game NOR is he an expert on my Steelers, John Madden said MANY incorrect statement regarding the Steelers during the telecast why? Because he doesnt know the team. Lastly, I NEVER said Ben didnt call the plays sir. I said he gets TWO AND DECIDES WHICH TO RUN BASED ON WHAT HE SEES AND THATS WHAT HE DOES. I have been halfway agreeing with you the WHOLE time but your too busy trying to prove me wrong you cant see through the fine print. Your about as sharp as a drawer full of spoons. :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:11 pm

as usual scaleface tries to make the last post so it looks like he knows what he is talking about after all the other posts prove him wrong :lol:

scaleface=armchair idiot

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:03 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:John Madden does NOT watch every Steeler game NOR is he an expert on my Steelers, John Madden said MANY incorrect statement regarding the Steelers during the telecast why? Because he doesnt know the team. Lastly, I NEVER said Ben didnt call the plays sir. I said he gets TWO AND DECIDES WHICH TO RUN BASED ON WHAT HE SEES AND THATS WHAT HE DOES. I have been halfway agreeing with you the WHOLE time but your too busy trying to prove me wrong you cant see through the fine print. Your about as sharp as a drawer full of spoons. :celebrate:

I have been halfway agreeing with you the WHOLE time but your too busy trying to prove me wrong you cant see through the fine print. Your about as sharp as a drawer full of spoons.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Notice how Brees gets that ball out quickly?? Oh and Notice the Saints and EVERY NFL TEAM AS WELL with 4/5wr and EMPTY BACKFIELD?? I guess Sean Payton is an idiot along with Bruce :celebrate:

Practice Squad

Arians

Postby terminalvelocity » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Arians is running up the white flag and letting the defense wear themselves out with 3 and outs 5x in a row in the last game.

terminalvelo

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:04 am

Arians calls the plays, its up to the offense to execute those plays. If the plays are executed well the players get credit not the play caller. If they plays are executed poorly the coaches get the blame not the players. I GET IT.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:35 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Arians calls the plays, its up to the offense to execute those plays. If the plays are executed well the players get credit not the play caller. If they plays are executed poorly the coaches get the blame not the players. I GET IT.

You can not argue with him here he states Arians calls the plays and earlier in the post he states that in the no huddle Ben is given 2 plays to pick from. But elsewhere he states that Ben wrote the playbook and calls all the plays.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:54 am

SHOW ME where I said Ben wrote the playbook. I said Ben devised it i.e picked out the plays he likes and Arians chooses the plays from those. THATS WHAT I SAID. Show me different. DONT WORRY I'LL WAIT. Where did you guys get "ballshurt" when slapping his *ss???

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:07 pm

What does devised mean then..... To create as in to author I would guess that means to write

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm

come on admit your wrong 1 time and i promise ill quit instigating you just to piss you off.... come on... hahahaha

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Everyone knows Arians wrote the playbook (except you) Everyone also KNOWS that Ben had ALOT of input in that playbook. Is Ben the Author? Of course not, did he put his fingerprints all on it. COURSE HE DID. Your not pissing me off your showing your lack of ability to construct a concise arguement. And the inability to grasp the english vernacular. Id say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:44 pm

You state that Ben had a big input as if he is the only QB in the league that is given this because of likes, dislikes and his ability to run certain plays. Every QB with tenure gets this you don't think Brady, Manning Romo, etc etc have the same type of input. But when the offense is good you hear the credit usually go to the OC. as well as when it does not. But the fact is that te HC still holds the power to call the shots and must if noone else can

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 am

Calling Scalaid6 out with no linky proof, uh oh. That's a no-no. Give me your hand......slap!
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 am

Yeah, Hes a liar and his credibility is shot. The guy is ALL OVER THE PLACE with his answers/rebuttals. He doesnt deserve any more attention. So with that said..........

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:04 am

To devise = To write no matter what you believe. hahahahahahaha go ahead and quit you self admiring queer

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 pm

:celebrate:

PreviousNext

Return to Rant Forum