Register

Board index » Rant Forum » finally had it with bruce!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Stillers.com Team

Re: finally had it with bruce!

Postby Nel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:51 pm

steelerette wrote:Your sarcasm and wit always makes me laugh, trenches. :lol:

trenches rules the planet. :suplusone:

I think that Arians can't handle this job, and he will probably be fired sooner rather than later.

But I think we will have to first lose at least two games that we probably should have or could have won.

So after or if he is fired, is there a promotion from within the ranks for this season?

If so, who will be the new OC for this season?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Come on you guys it was Arians calling those plays in the no huddle, not Ben. Just because they are in no huddle does not mean they put the listening device on mute, Arians gives Ben the plays (2) (run/pass) and Ben decides which one to call according to the defense. Listen to Santonios interview after the game. He said he went to Arians and told him 'I'm ready to make a play". He then said "Coach called the slant for me and #7 hit me and I broke Mccallisters tackle and made a move on the safety and scored, I'm glad coach had confidence in me in that situation". Again, it was Arians calling those plays.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:14 pm

ben calls the plays in the no huddle, !
on espn radio pittsburgh this week the stillers beat writers confirmed ben calls the plays once the stillers go to the no huddle!

actually as im typing this mike logan just stated on the radio ben calls the plays in the no huddle..

But as usual we should listen to scalaid who makes his judgement based on everything he see's while sitting in fron of his tv set!
lets just throw out what the beat writers say since they only have access to the players/coaches...

minus 1 for scalaid! :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Substantiate that the BEAT WRITERS said that sir. So expain this to me. In the no huddle do they turn off the listening device in Bens Helmet? I guess if the opposing team runs no huddle then that shuts off Farrior head set as well, so Lebeau is exed out. If thats the case that would be a strategy teams would employ. "Hey lets run no huddle that way the offensive and defensive coordinators cant be part of the game". You sound like a fool by your statements. Lastly, I DIDNT say it based on MY assumptions, I said it BASED ON A PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND WHAT HE SAID. Whos word is more valid SANTONIO HOLMES' or a BEAT WRITERS?? How many beat writers Ed Bouchette, Gary Dulac, Mike Logan are ACTUALLY IN THE HUDDLE? Just because YOU SAY they said it doesnt mean its true. I offered SUBSTANTIATION to my claims sir. Please watch on NFL Network the replay of the the Ravens/Steeles game and see what SANTONIO says about WHO CALLED THE PLAYS IN THE NO HUDDLE. I'm telling you Arians gives Ben a run play and a Pass play and Ben looks at the D and chooses the one that better fits the D he sees JUST like Peyton Manning. Only difference is that Peyton receives 3 plays. And no, you shouldnt listen to Scalaid, you should listen to one of the players on the team, WHO SHOULD KNOW.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:27 am

More no-huddle, please

By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ben Roethlisberger laughed when the question arose Monday night, a half-hour after the Steelers' 23-20 overtime victory over the Baltimore Ravens.

Did he lobby coach Mike Tomlin and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians to go to the no-huddle offense late in the third quarter?

"That's the reason we went to it," Roethlisberger said. "I went to Coach Tomlin first and said, 'Go ask B.A.' And then B.A. asked me, 'Do you want to do it?

"I said, 'Yeah, I was the one who came up with the idea.' "

Hmmm. Shouldn't that have been the other way around, and shouldn't it have happened much earlier?

You'd have thought the 37th sack of Roethlisberger in the Philadelphia game, or perhaps the rapid-fire succession of three-and-outs Monday night would have prompted Arians to try to change the pace.

All the no-huddle did, when the Steelers finally went to it, was turn the momentum of the game (combined with the idiotic personal foul on Baltimore's Jarret Johnson) and perhaps the momentum of the Steelers' season.

Be glad Roethlisberger spoke up. If he hadn't, the Steelers could well be two games behind the Ravens in the loss column instead of leading the AFC North at 3-1.

Roethlisberger's been pining for more no-huddle since before the 2006 season, when Bill Cowher was his coach and Ken Whisenhunt his offensive coordinator. It's surprising Arians hasn't gone there more often, seeing as his promise coming in was to turn the offense over to his maturing quarterback.

Given the Steelers' desperate plight at running back - I believe they're giving Dick Hoak a tryout today - this seems like the perfect time to do just that.

And that means more no-huddle.

It might not need to be the base offense. It definitely needs more air time.

The no-huddle allows Roethlisberger to call plays based on his feel for the game. It can keep a defense off-balance. Where others might see chaos in the no-huddle attack, Big Ben sees order.

He thrives in it.
"We kind of get a rhythm," he said. "It's going off what I see, not necessarily what the coaches see."

That sounds like a good thing.

Before going no-huddle Monday, the Steelers' offense was every bit as dreadful as it was a week earlier against the Eagles. Maybe worse.

When they took possession at their 33 with 5:49 left in the third quarter, the Steelers were trailing, 13-3, with an embarrassing total of 64 yards. Their previous six possessions had gone like this: interception; three-and-out; three-and-out; three-and-out; three-and-out; five-and-out.

This time, they moved 67 yards in four plays.

Now, it's hard to say the no-huddle was an immediate elixir. Johnson's late hit on Hines Ward and what Roethlisberger described as a "broken-play" 38-yard touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes accounted for most of the yards on that drive.

But look what happened afterward. The Ravens' defense suddenly could not dictate the tempo, as it had for the better part of three quarters. The Steelers, who went no-huddle for only one more series - a nondescript one, at that -- suddenly were able to move the ball (102 yards on their final three possessions).

In the end, going no-huddle meant a lot more than Big Ben's blistering halftime speech, though that also spoke to his progression as a leader.

"He led, and we followed," running back Mewelde Moore said. "It was motivational, man. He did everything that a leader's supposed to do."

Tomlin spoke Tuesday of needing to trust Roethlisberger more when the play clock is running down. It's time the coaching staff trusted the quarterback to play his preferred offense, as well.

Next time, Roethlisberger shouldn't have to ask.

Joe Starkey is a sports writer for the Tribune-Review. He can be reached at jstarkey@tribweb.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 am

Is this your substantiation? This article ONLY re-affimrs what I said in my previous post. Arians gives Ben two plays (Pass, Run) and Ben calls the play acording to the defense. If thats not how its done, how do you explain Holmes saying Arians (Coach) called the plays in the no huddle? What happens to the speaker in Bens helmet? Do they turn it off during no huddle? If a team goes no huddle for lets say the 1st and 4th quarter So the Offensive Coordinator is getting paid to do nothing for two quarters? Again, if the opposing team goes no huddle, so that means farrior is calling the plays and Lebeau is jobless. Now do you see how ridiculous you sound? Whether Ben initiated or not is not in question, that has ben well documented, everyone knows he did. My contention is that Arians calls the play and Ben goes to the line and decides which one to use. So give that credit you were giving to Ben, to its rightful owner and thats Coach Arians. You can list articles from beatwriters (they report hearsay), Nowhere in that article does Ben say "I call the plays". On NFL Network Santonio CLEARLY says COACH CALLED MY PLAY AND #7 FOUND ME. Is Ben his coach? I think #7 is Ben.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:40 am

as usual scalehead makes up whatever suits his latest attacks :lol:

We have 60-some plays in that no-huddle package that I can call," Roethlisberger said. "That's another thing that we talked about; it's me calling the plays, but, if Bruce or someone sees something, they can tell me, 'Ben, we want to see this real quick in the no-huddle,' and I can call it from there. But I like that he has the confidence in me to do that."

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:18 am

You could have altered that text who knows. AND Ben is saying what I SAID, he calls the play AFTER he gets them from Arians. You dont understand the rules in the NFL. That speaker in the helmet is turned on when the playclock starts and is turned OFF at the 15 second mark. So I ask you AGAIN (notice he fails to answer this question; sign of defeat). Whats our O-Coordinator doing in the no huddle? Does he get paid to spectate? If our opponent goes no huddle, that means Farrior is calling the defense as well (or is the playcalling exclusively for BEN ONLY) so whats Lebeau do in this situation? So your saying that the line of communicatio is open BUT once the no huddle goes into effect the coaches have ZERO input its all on the Qb and the guy with the speaker on defense. I say YOUR WRONG. And Santonio SUBSTANTIATES THAT. Why would he say "COACH CALLED MY PLAY AND #7 FOUND ME?" Why wouldnt he say "Ben called my play and threw a great pass?" I'll tell you why, BECAUSE ARIANS CALLS THE PLAYS AND BEN DECIDES WHICH ONE TO RUN ACCORDING TO WHAT HE SEES.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 am

He says I attacked someone. Please tell me who I have attacked.........The only thing I attacked is your PATHETIC attempt to discredit Arians.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 am

Scalaid6 wrote:He says I attacked someone. Please tell me who I have attacked.........The only thing I attacked is your PATHETIC attempt to discredit Arians.

Scalaid is the founding member of the "Bruce Arians Fan Club". He is accepting membership applications.

Scalaid - Rather than argue whether or not he speaks into the headphone during the no-huddle offense (I would hope to God that he doesn't take a coffee and donut break during the no-huddle) please articulate the strengths of Bruce Arians that compel you to defend him; these strengths are clearly lost on the rest of us that have been watching his play calling for two years now.

I was "disenchanted" with his play calling most of last season but then became completely convinced while at the Jacksonville playoff game last year that he is a terrible strategist and his ass tightens to the point he can make a diamond out of a lump of coal in big game/big series/big play situations. The Philadelphia game and the Baltimore game this year were both embarrassments that should never happen to a well coached team.

The truly unfortunate thing is that changing Offensive Coordinators is a major disruption to the offensive team. Our personnel decisions such as the draft this year and last was built around the Arians offensive philosophy. It is extremely disruptive to change offensive coordinators and will take a few years for this offense to really start running smoothly under a new offensive coordinator.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 am

I have over 200 posts on this site. Now I'm the leader of the Arians fan club? WOW. I have over 200 posts on this site. SHOW ME ONE WHERE I SAID I LIKE ARIANS. I'm merely TELLING THE TRUTH, thats it. His playcallin is CONSERVATIVE, but so was Wisenhunts, so was Mullarkys. Run Run pass, Run run pass. A guy cant tell the truth on this site? I said HE calls the plays in the no huddle and its up to Ben to decide which one to go with, THIS IS A STATEMENT OF FACT. In saying that now all of a sudden I'm a ARIANS BACKER? Last week I was a BEN HATER because I said OVER AND OVER that he held the ball too long and WAS I RIGHT?? I think I was sir. Did he get rid of the ball quicker in the 2nd half? HE DID and what were the results? Point proven

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:25 pm

For anyone to say we draft based on what a coach wants shows a lack of Steeler history. It is WELL documented that the Rooneys have a drafting system that they have used for over 30 years and it works. It is not hindered or influenced by any coach.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:11 pm

We have 60-some plays in that no-huddle package that I can call," Roethlisberger said. "That's another thing that we talked about; it's me calling the plays, but, if Bruce or someone sees something, they can tell me, 'Ben, we want to see this real quick in the no-huddle,' and I can call it from there. But I like that he has the confidence in me to do that."

again scalehead think he can make shit up as he goes along , 2 plays lol get real you idiot... ben can call anyone of 60 plays as he scans over the defense... get a life armchaier loser!
Ariens can tell him he sees something and ben can basically say ya rite and call something totally different hahahaha.. im sure ariens called the qb keeper lol....im sure he saw that

scalehead d you wear a big "L" on your forehead at work?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Darth you seem a little uptight. Are you mad that I was correct about Ben holding on to the ball too long last week? Seems your mad that I'm right this week too. How can I MAKE UP something that the NFL Network is broadcasting? ANYONE, can copy and paste an article and change the font size, is that your PROOF? So on the Replay broadcase Holmes is lying huh? And you have YET to explain what our offensive coordinator does while the no huddle is in effect. Whats he do, just sit there? And the flip side is if our opponent goes no huddle that means that farrior is calling the D, so Lebeau is alsos STANDING AROUND. So now we have TWO Coaches NOT PARTICIPATING in the game. Can you imagine that? Also, if you watch the Ravens game, RIGHT AFTER #95 got the Personal foul on Hines, tell us Darth WHAT IS BEEN DOING????? I'll tell you what hes doing..... Hes cupping his ear so he can hear the plays Arians is sending in, but according to YOU, hes probably swiping at a gnat or something :celebrate:

AND I'M THE IDIOT??? WOW

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:48 pm

darthsteel wrote:as usual scalehead makes up whatever suits his latest attacks :lol:

I went to the Tribune to verify what DARTH THE LIAR posted and please tell me WHERE DO YOU SEE THE ABOVE QUOTES IN THE ARTICLE?? So is this where we are now? PEOPLE LYING TO MAKE THEIR POINT?? WOW :celebrate:
Go and see if the above words are in the article entitled MORE NO HUDDLE PLEASE.
WHAT A LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:58 pm

please show me where I Said it was in a specific article?

here you go scaleface, now get on your knees my lil bitch@!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07145/788950-66.stm

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:For anyone to say we draft based on what a coach wants shows a lack of Steeler history. It is WELL documented that the Rooneys have a drafting system that they have used for over 30 years and it works. It is not hindered or influenced by any coach.

Throwing up while I read. Scalaid - one thing you have shown in your over 200 posts is that you aren't naive...maybe stubborn, maybe unemployed with way too much free time on your hands but not naive. This comment about the 30 years of Rooney drafting...blah blah...come on man you are not that naive to think that we follow the "best athlete available" philoshophy that our media has been feeding us...the Steelers like every team in the NFL will take players based on NEED and where they rank on their draft board. This is why we drafted Matt Spaeth with a frickin 3rd round pick last year. Arians offense has a NEED for another tightend that is supposedly a blocker and catching threat (what a joke this turned out to be...but that is diverging into one of the specific things I detest about Arians).

Do you think the Steelers used a 6th round pick and a 4th round pick last year to take Danny Sepulveda because he was the best player available or because they felt they desperately NEEDED a punter? I think you know the answer SIR.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Well if you think I am unemployed please be the 1st to step up and take my challenge that I issued last week. If you would like to exchange photos of assets, I will certainly oblige you and you will see how VER employed I am. Just because I post alot doesnt mean I dont have a job. What you will find in those many posts are clear, honest anc concise evaluation of the team I love. At press time he FAILED to present ONE post where I said I like Arians. So I assume the record shows I do not like the man. As I said on one of my other posts, I have learned to TRUST the Steeler brass in regards to the draft, they have a track record that is undeniably successful. If they make a blunder now and again, that only proves what we all know, that they are human. Again, I dont question their successful drafting methods.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:22 pm

darthsteel wrote:please show me where I Said it was in a specific article?

here you go scaleface, now get on your knees my lil bitch@!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07145/788950-66.stm

Oh I KNEW where the article came from, I'm an avid Gazette reader (notice I mention Ed Bouchette and Gary Dulac yesterday? Who do they write for sir??) I just wanted to expose you for not citing your source, the TRIBUNE article didnt say that and THATS the article you chose to make your case, NOW in the 12th hour you come clean and say "its from the gazette". Ok your NOT a liar (probably really are) your just DECEPTIVE. Lastly, I see why you were decpetive in not posting the site. Thats because the article substantiates EXACTLY what I said. Bruce will call the plays to Ben (or tell him a # from the wrist band) and Ben will call it based on the D he sees. This is substantiated by the fact that in the Ravens game we were in the no huddle and BEN CALLED MANY RUNNING PLAYS! You KNOW Ben if calling the plays as would ANY qb, they want to pass 1st and if Ben was calling the plays with ANY qb,they would call passes everytime. But we didnt see that, we saw MANY runs in the no huddle (we ALL know how Arians likes to run). Lastly, you STILL havent answered the question (and he wont TRUST ME :celebrate: )If Ben calls the plays EXCLUSIVELY What does Arians do while this is going on, go to the pisser? And same goes for our Defense, if our opponent runs no huddle that means Farrior is calling the plays what will whats Lebeau do in the meantime? I guess hes on the sideline drinking a Geritol milkshake.
If anyone is a b*tch I think it would be your mother, your grandmother, your wife and or your daughter. :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:34 pm

you can spin it anyway you like scalehead, facts are ben has total control over the no huddle and final say!

PreviousNext

Return to Rant Forum