Register

Board index » Rant Forum » finally had it with bruce!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Grizzled Veteran

finally had it with bruce!

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:25 am

I stuck by him for 20 games and I have seen enuff to finally see what everyone else has been seeing/saying on the boards.

to much to list, but to stop the no huddle and play "not to lose" with your 4th string running back is just to much to ask a fan to stomach!

I am convinced now we will see this over and over in tight games, playoff games will be gut wrenching on fans..

I can handle losing, bad play by a player, but when a coach does the same shit over and over I lose passion for watching these games...
Last edited by darthsteel on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: finally had it with bruce!

Postby El Nino » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 am

the offense finally got moving when arians let ben start calling his plays. maybe we should promote ben to OC and fire arians :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 am

this is no joke,
I am convinced they would continue to run the ball if hines ward had to line up behind ben as the 5th running back...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 am

Good God. FUCK Bruce Arians. My God, he is terrible. A 4 year old could call a better game than that. I'm not an alarmist. I'm calm. Thank God for Spike...but Good God...Bruce Arians is God Awful.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:54 am

I stuck with him for 20 games hoping he would grow into the job, I have NOT seen a glimmer of hope he can adjust to a game and throw the original script out the window.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:57 am

The whole difference in this game and perhaps the entire SEASON was Ben's hot read to Mewelde in OT.

Does that mean Arians gets a reprieve or walking papers?
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:58 am

Have any of the press conferences asked Tomlin the BIG question. We see it , he doesn't!

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:02 am

Did 83 even catch a ball tonight? This is sad to see what has become of the Steelers O. We rushed for a measly 63 yards tonight! BA needs to be dealt with by Tomlin and limited in what he does. Speaking of Tomlin, he has not instilled a lot of confidence recently!
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 am

Hoppy wrote:Have any of the press conferences asked Tomlin the BIG question. We see it , he doesn't!

Didn't Tony Cornholer say something in the pregame about Mikey publicly taking it to Brucey last Monday about "do something with this offense or else..."

How does that dumbass hear about shite like this and nobody here even mentions it?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 am

You mean to tell me you don't see the brilliance in "run, run, pass, punt"? You're kidding, right? It's been shown time and time again how it lulls the defense to sleep. C'mon.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby punum123 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 am

How can Tomlin continue to put up with this incompetence from his OC? This guy didn't learn a damn thing in Philly last week. WTF :suahhbs:

Punum

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:56 am

Hoppy wrote:Have any of the press conferences asked Tomlin the BIG question. We see it , he doesn't!

There's not a whole lot you can do at this point in the season. Mid-season coaching changes at this level are almost an automatic write-off of the rest of the year. Basically, he's got to squeeze Arians for what he's worth until the off-season. And, since he's stuck with his OC, he's not going to tell some retarded reporters that he thinks his OC stinks. He's going to publicly profess complete confidence in Arians.

lol have any of you guys ever held any leadership positions? Those are the games you gotta play for unit cohesion.

And, press conferences aren't to let fans know what's going on, they're to let fans THINK they know what's going on so we can all continue playing armchair GM/coach/owner.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Mort reported Tomlin ripping Arians thats were Kornhole got that info. I too don't like Arians. I don't know what our offensive identity is...running? passing? smashmouth? west coast? I say hire Scott Linehan in the offseason. As another poster said his offenses as a coordinator never finished lower than 4th. If that's true very impressive. Daunte Culpepper who is similar in style to Ben (big, scrambler in the pocket, good deep ball) had his best years under Linehan.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:40 pm

McLovin wrote:Mort reported Tomlin ripping Arians...

Really? Mortensen? Is that in an article anywhere?

I'd sure love to read and comment on that...
If Arians has made Tomlin sore, that's a scab worth pickin'

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:46 pm

Steeledge wrote:Didn't Tony Cornholer say something in the pregame about Mikey publicly taking it to Brucey last Monday about "do something with this offense or else..."

How does that dumbass hear about shite like this and nobody here even mentions it?

Yes, it was reported by ESPN. I posted this in another thread, but this is what I got out of that comment on ESPN ~

It was reported on ESPN during last night's pre-game that Tomlin chewed out Arians after the loss to the Eagles, and that he told Arians in no uncertain terms that if things don't improve offensively in the very near future, Arians will be fired. That's why Arians took full responsibility for the Steelers' loss to the Eagles last week. I don't know whether that's true or not, but I hope it is. So what happens last night? Arians blows it once again and Ben has to take things into his own hands to win the game. I wouldn't be upset if Arians was fired immediately. Things can't get any worse without him, can they?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

"Things can't get any worse without him, can they?"

I really don't think that they can. Why was he hired in the first place and by whom? To the best of my knowledge he doesn't have a successful track record anywhere he's been.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 pm

How glaring is Arians inefficiency? During the nationonal radio broadcast when Pittsburgh had the ball on like the 4 and it was 1st 2nd 3rd and goal, on 3rd and goal, whoever it was doing the national broadcast said, this would be a beautiful spot for play action, because the Ravens know that pittsburgh wants to punch it in with the run. Another failed run up the gut. Bring on Jeff Reed.

Maybe someone should get Bruce an X-box and let him play madden for a little bit. It might help him see his flaws.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby KingCool » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 pm

Arians has no clue how to keep defenses honest... when they're bringing everybody that's when you do screens, dump offs, some razzle dazzle.... *something* to introduce the element of surprise.

Douche Arians is a clown... he single handedly cost us the Jacksonville playoff game last year... how many more chances does this dip shit get?

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Arians doesn't know how to maximize talent nor does he minimize weaknesses. He calls the game he knows how to call which works in corporate flag football tournaments for charity.

Clearly he's qualified for an OC position in the NFL...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Your sarcasm and wit always makes me laugh, trenches. :lol:

Next

Return to Rant Forum