Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Awesome story about Joe Biden and the steelers...

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Awesome story about Joe Biden and the steelers...

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:43 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:Do any of you bitch about the way McCain drops his POW past every time he speaks?

Yep, that's true. And you almost always see a veteran sitting/planted behind him while making his speeches, too. Funny how that happens, huh? Please don't take my posting that as my being against veterans and/or our troops because that's not true. I wholeheartedly support our troops. It's the war I'm opposed to, not our troops and/or veterans.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:58 pm

steelerette wrote: And you almost always see a veteran sitting/planted behind him while making his speeches, too. Funny how that happens, huh? Please don't take my posting that as my being against veterans and/or our troops because that's not true. I wholeheartedly support our troops. It's the war I'm opposed to, not our troops and/or veterans.

GodfatherofSoul wrote:Pretty sad that a candidate can't relate this touching story without an avalanche of accusations of politics.

Pretty sad that a veteran can't support the candidate of his choice without an avalanche of accusations of politics by the candidate.

Everybody says they "support our troops".
It's like saying, "I'm for the children"
Well who is against them?
The question is what does that mean?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:Everybody says they "support our troops".

Well, um, I really do support our troops. I send care packages and correspond with soldiers frequently. So I actually put my money, kindness and compassion where my mouth is. Those who are interested in doing the same may want to check out the below site or a lot of others out there like it ~

http://anysoldier.com/

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:28 pm

steelerette wrote:

Well, um, I really do support our troops. I send care packages and correspond with soldiers frequently. So I actually put my money, kindness and compassion where my mouth is. Those who are interested in doing the same may want to check out the below site or a lot of others out there like it ~

Steelerette,

You misunderstood him. By "support the troops," he means put a yellow magnet on your car, support George Bush and John McCain, and call anyone who disagrees with you a communist.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 pm

steelerette wrote:

Very Cool.
That is supporting the troops.

Previous

Return to Rant Forum