Register

Board index » Rant Forum » so, where the fuck is everyone?

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Stillers.com Team

Re: so, where the fuck is everyone?

Postby trenches » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Your boards can be maintained and these can't, CK? Also, these boards are a band-aid? I'm confused by those statements since you recommended these boards last year.

Practice Squad

Postby CKSteeler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Trenches, you can't even maintain a dialogue with someone. I updated my boards more in a matter of days than you did in probably years. I did recommend PHPBB forums last year as a cheap, easy solution to the problems. And there is nothing wrong with them. However, problems arise for every site that need fixing. A site as large as Stillers.com can not go weeks with none of that. At the same time, my boards are still better than PHPBB.

I offered to BUY you and Mill a set of VBulletin forums months ago. When I finally got a response from you, it was negative. I guess we're back to having it out publicly, but there's no other way since you won't talk to me anywhere else.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:27 pm

CK, we aren't "having it out publicly." You are clearly pissed and frustrated. I have no digs with you...in fact I don't know you from Adam. I suggest that you relax a little... this site is supposed to be for fun and entertainment.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:08 pm

So how about it guys, got an opinion:

'63 vette
or
Ferrari 360

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Practice Squad

Postby CKSteeler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:16 pm

in fact I don't know you from Adam.

Yes, because you're never around.

this site is supposed to be for fun and entertainment.

Until you get error messages and it crashes.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Until, if, when...

I might win the lottory some day too.

Bottom line. You said you started your board for a reason. That reason no longer exists.
Now you are just here poaching. You even admit you are contacting stillers.com posters via our PM. You're starting to resemble STD.

You say I don't want to listen, and trenches doesn't want to talk.
I say that I did listen and am unconvinced. And clearly, you got your answer from trenches. You just don't like the one you got, so you don't want to hear.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:45 pm

CK,

Although you ACT like a founding member of this site, I truly don't know you from Adam. Whether I am always in the fold or not has nothing to do with it. You are simply an anonymous persona.

Good luck with your site.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Like sand through an hourglass........

Practice Squad

Postby Zone Blitz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 pm

CKSteeler wrote:Trenches, you can't even maintain a dialogue with someone.

- I updated my boards more in a matter of days than you did in probably years.
- I recommended PHPBB forums last year as a cheap, easy solution to the problems.
- I offered to BUY you and Mill a set of VBulletin forums months ago. When I finally got a response from you, it was negative.

Trenches - You're probably a good guy and I never had any issues with you, but you totally ignored the above statements. I can attest that CK did do all the above as stated.

Where were you when the board went to shit? Where were you when everyone was tying for months to get ahold of you to do something about the site? Why wouldn't you accept some help from those that were part of the staff? Why would you state that PhpBB wasn't a compatable forum tool to use with your host server when in fact they were? I'll tell you why .... you actually already elluded to it; It's CONTROL. You and Mill are all about control because in your minds, it's all about your "founding member" allegence bullshit. Be honest, you and Mill had zero trust in those staff members that only wanted to put out a better product.

Good luck man, but let it be said that you absolutely made the bed you now find yourself laying in.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby kapone » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:03 am

Adam Laroche sucks...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:43 pm

These are the days of our lives....

P.S. Trenches, if you need a new bed, I've got a slightly used Serta you can come and take a look at. I only screwed a couple of Hi5's Asian cast-offs on it. It's practically new other than that.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Zone Blitz wrote:Where were you when the board went to shit? Where were you when everyone was tying for months to get ahold of you to do something about the site? Why wouldn't you accept some help from those that were part of the staff? Why would you state that PhpBB wasn't a compatable forum tool to use with your host server when in fact they were? I'll tell you why .... you actually already elluded to it; It's CONTROL. You and Mill are all about control because in your minds, it's all about your "founding member" allegence bullshit. Be honest, you and Mill had zero trust in those staff members that only wanted to put out a better product.

Good luck man, but let it be said that you absolutely made the bed you now find yourself laying in.

ZB,
Remember, it is a free board. Everybody has a life, and responsibilties in their life. Things happen in life that are far more important than any message board.

"Stillers.com" also is Trenches property. It is his to control. He owes no one here anything.
The "staff" are posters, just like you, who were Trusted enough by Trenches to be given extra access to Trenches property. ONE former "staff" member just wanted more access. (actually he wanted to buy Trenches property - which Trenches did not want to sell.)

Personally, I'm thankful Trenches provides this place at absolutely no cost to us because it has provided me plenty of entertainment over the years, and something like friendship with some of the posters. If some technical difficulties arrise now and then, What am I out? What kind of "friend" jumps all over a guy who has provided entertainment for free for years, just because he has some hard times?

If CK wants to provide another place, fine (of course he says he doesn't want to start his own board) But why does he need to have all the hard feelings and drama towards a guy who provided this place for free to all of us for almost a decade, just because the guy got busy with his life for a few months?

In case you hadn't noticed, this "bed" (the site) is pretty comfortable right now. The place is growing every day, and currently has better traffic than CK's board even with CK PMing our posters to post at his place.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks Hammer.

But, I must add that I can appreciate CK's frustration from the sense that I was out of touch for an extended period. My issue is that he implies that I could care less about this site. Three of us bled to start the site and numerous individuals bled to grow it and provide free analysis and an open forum for Stillers fans to provide feedback. Then, in recent times, I run into a series of life issues and CK puts me up as the enemy? He doesn't even know me yet he wants the keys to the kingdom. I wouldn't give my house keys to my neighbor yet he wants to own the Stillers.com message boards? It doesn't make sense. I welcome the help and appreciate all of CK's efforts but cannot give the keys to a stranger. It's that simple.

Nonetheless I wish him well.

Previous

Return to Rant Forum