Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Just a question

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Practice Squad

Just a question

Postby Steelersbaby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 am

I was gone for a while. Came back, and I am wondering what the hell happened to this board? Where is KillCowher and Nick? I miss logical football talk and not talk of Cowher's thought s and Maddens humor. This kinda sucks. Somebody explain to me where all the regulars are at and I think I need be there. Nothing against all of you, but this is feeling like steelers.com. Anyways, we are all Steelers fans, so to end on a decent note...lets beat the Brownies!

Stillers.com Team

Re: Just a question

Postby Nel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:22 am

I think this site has some very good posters.

Building a good group can take some time.

Overly raunchy and insulting dialogue is not what I want to read, but that's just me.

:cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:30 am

Nel wrote:Overly raunchy and insulting dialogue is not what I want to read, but that's just me.

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 pm

I have to agree with Nel here.

The current slew of posters we have on this board is completely refreshing as not only are they/we giving logical feelings, thoughts, and analysis of our loved Stillers, but we're also seemingly all learning how to type in complete sentences and NOT cursing every other word.

It will take time to build a solid core of members but I guarantee... As the Stillers progress through the year and roll each opponent one-by-one, this board will continue to grow and I hope with the growth will come more members that are looking to contribute to the dialogue and not sidetrack it.

Here's to football! :cheers:

Practice Squad

Postby LambertsLunatic » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Don't know where they're at, but I'm just glad it's somewhere else. I was so tired of the bickering, battling, cursing, depressing atmosphere that I almost never visited this board. It's refreshing to see the troublemakers gone, and to concentrate on what we love......THE STEELER!

LambertsLunatic

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:36 am

That's what sucks. It's only a matter of time before the riff-raff have ruined their own vacation elsewhere and come back to do anything and everything they can to ruin this place again too.

I really do hope that the powers-that-be have a game plan set, prepared to face again what happened last season/earlier this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:20 am

I didn't like all of the personal insults and profanity that we used to have here. However we seem to be at the other end of the spectrum now. Everybody seems to always agree with everybody else. It has become sort of a put on love fest. I'd like it to be a little less bland.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelersbaby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Coke Oven wrote:I didn't like all of the personal insults and profanity that we used to have here. However we seem to be at the other end of the spectrum now. Everybody seems to always agree with everybody else. It has become sort of a put on love fest. I'd like it to be a little less bland.

I am with you 100%... which is why I posted this. No, I am not for negetivity, but COME ON... I want a little heated debates. I don't know how to even post on here for fear of getting banned. That's what makes football, football... expressing your opinion. Am I allowed to?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Everybody seems to always agree with everybody else.

Could it be that we have a collective group of like-minded folk that just happen to see eye-to-eye?

Don't get me wrong... When I disagree with something, I let it be known. It just seems that the main posters that give their opinions regarding Steeler-relevant content happen to share my opinion most of the time.

I certainly appreciate the need for a lil stirring of the pot. Different opinions and minds are always good for debate. From past experience trolling on this site, being on the outside looking in, I don't know if those that don't share my feelings and thoughts are able to grasp the concept of agreeing to disagree.

Let's hope I'm wrong with that. Let's hope that more posters will frequent this site that don't see eye-to-eye with me and are able to give substantiated arguement to support their claim/thoughts.

Only time will tell.

Here's to debate! :cheers:

Practice Squad

Postby Steelersbaby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:35 pm

i just dont get why ppl dont come 2 this site anymore it was always the best and now there is not very many ppl.... where did they all go?

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I don't know how to even post on here for fear of getting banned. That's what makes football, football... expressing your opinion. Am I allowed to?

Yes, you can do that (express your opinion). You can cuss and spew if you want to.

However, if you threaten another poster, or post links to other Steelers message boards, or try to sell something that's not approved by www.stillers.com, you will receive a warning and if you do it again you might be banned.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelersbaby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:28 pm

Nel wrote:
I don't know how to even post on here for fear of getting banned. That's what makes football, football... expressing your opinion. Am I allowed to?

Yes, you can do that (express your opinion). You can cuss and spew if you want to.

However, if you threaten another poster, or post links to other Steelers message boards, or try to sell something that's not approved by http://www.stillers.com, you will receive a warning and if you do it again you might be banned.

I can be kinda bitchy but i dont threaten people so I guess I am safe there. As far as other websites, I only visit this, espn, sportsline whatever... so Im good?

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:38 pm

I can be kinda bitchy but i dont threaten people so I guess I am safe there. As far as other websites, I only visit this, espn, sportsline whatever... so Im good?

You may visit any other site you want, but not link to them from here or try to persuade other posters here to depart this site for another site.

We do not want board war talk.

Being bitchy is fine!

Practice Squad

Postby stillbrit » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 am

just wanted to say hello to my friends from across the Atlantic, I'm not from Pittsburgh (London) but I've been a Steelers fan for just over 20 years, been looking at this site for a year and thought I should at least say hi...you're right, Steelersbaby, the board has changed but I think it's for the better, less vitriol, more fun and more football!

GO STEELERS!

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Hello, stillbrit, nice to have you aboard and to help stillers.com span the globe.

And, thank you for your comments.

Are you able to watch many Steelers games in London?

Practice Squad

Postby stillbrit » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Not really although Sky Sports (UK Satellite) has expanded it's coverage to 3 games on a Sunday (Not a hit with the girlfriend) and Monday Night, and I'm guessing it's a Fox feed...but i get by (you never get to see the game you want to!) One day, I'd like to actually come to Pittsburgh and actually see a game!!!! I've never seen an NFL game live...a few NFL Europe games and a college game in Miami, but that's it...thanks for the welcome, mate, and I look forward to joining in the posts... :)

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:59 pm

stillbrit,

Welcome!

Do you have any fellow Steeler friends in the UK or are you alone in this endeavor?

Practice Squad

Postby stillbrit » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:16 am

Hi Trenches,

Do I know any other Steeler fans here in the uk? Lol...I don't know anyone who watches NFL here (apart from my Dad, who introduced me to the game, and is a big Broncos fan, oh the shame...), and Steelers fans here are rarer than a Brownies road win...NFL was quite big in the 80's here and has picked up again recently, but it's still very minor compared to Soccer which is king (don't ask me why, I think it's a pathetic game filled with girl's blouses who fall over and roll around like stuck pigs if you so much as tap them, and have games which finish on a 0-0 scoreline), the real man's game over here is rugby! But it's nice to have some fellow supporters (at last!)...now if I can just actually get to watch a few Steelers games... :subngtowl:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:32 am

I've heard of Steelers clubs and or pubs in London. See if you can find anything out about this Steelers UK site.
http://www.steelersuk.com/

There's also http://www.pittsburghsteelersuk.com/

Funny when I searched for that I found a gay rugby team in London called the Steelers. Also saw a Sheffield Steelers hockey team. Anyway, cheers.

Practice Squad

Postby stillbrit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks for that Stillustronic, I'll give them a go, just hoping the team won't implode on Monday night! A gay Steelers team, eh? you might want to keep that one quiet round these parts! Lol Cheers, mate

Next

Return to Rant Forum