Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Heinz Field Smoking Policy

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Practice Squad

Heinz Field Smoking Policy

Postby kirk1233 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:08 pm

As a season ticket holder I received a new fan guide, and it said the smoking policy this year is NO smoking ANYWHERE in the stadium, and you are unable to leave and come back. Are they going to enforce this?

I did some searching and apparently this was in effect for the first preseason game; however, many people including myself were smoking near the pub 33 in the great hall as we have always done and no one said anything to us. Are they going to keep looking the other way or will they crack down hard?

It is an OUTDOOR stadium. I think there should be some type of designated smoking area...

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Heinz Field Smoking Policy

Postby rick723 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:20 pm

kirk1233 wrote:As a season ticket holder I received a new fan guide, and it said the smoking policy this year is NO smoking ANYWHERE in the stadium, and you are unable to leave and come back. Are they going to enforce this?

I did some searching and apparently this was in effect for the first preseason game; however, many people including myself were smoking near the pub 33 in the great hall as we have always done and no one said anything to us. Are they going to keep looking the other way or will they crack down hard?

It is an OUTDOOR stadium. I think there should be some type of designated smoking area...

Things like that happen when you bow to tree huggers. I quit smoking in 1999 but, I don't live in Steeltown anymore either

Practice Squad

Postby kirk1233 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:43 am

I'm not even a full time smoker, but if I am drinking beer I have to have a smoke. They go hand and hand...

I guess they will lose out on $7 per beer revenue if they won't let me enjoy a smoke when I get one...

rick723 wrote:
kirk1233 wrote:As a season ticket holder I received a new fan guide, and it said the smoking policy this year is NO smoking ANYWHERE in the stadium, and you are unable to leave and come back. Are they going to enforce this?

Things like that happen when you bow to tree huggers. I quit smoking in 1999 but, I don't live in Steeltown anymore either

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:28 am

You can wait till after the game to suck on that cancer stick.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 am

Good God. I quit smoking a few years back but still get annoyed by militant non-smoking policies. Its the same way in Titans stadium, though you can exit and re-enter and enforcement varies.

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:03 am

What non-smokers will never get is this...

Most people who do not smoke find it absolutely revolting. Imagine me farting in your face over and over (because your second hand smoke smells equally nasty to me). In addition, imagine knowing that my fart fumes could cause you to get cancer some day. Now sit back and pretend you don't find it annoying that I feel it's my right to continue to bend over and fart in your face despite how bad my ass smells and how much my fumes may or may not be causing harm to your health. Bottom line. Smoking in public is rude.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Zorro wrote:What non-smokers will never get is this...

Most people who do not smoke find it absolutely revolting. Imagine me farting in your face over and over (because your second hand smoke smells equally nasty to me). In addition, imagine knowing that my fart fumes could cause you to get cancer some day. Now sit back and pretend you don't find it annoying that I feel it's my right to continue to bend over and fart in your face despite how bad my ass smells and how much my fumes may or may not be causing harm to your health. Bottom line. Smoking in public is rude.

On top of that, all your clothes end up smelling just like they do. It's considered rude to light up at someone's house while everyone is eating, yet smokers have no problem smoking in a restaurant or bar while others are eating. Smokers like to pretend their habit is as innocuous as wearing plaid in public. You've have had 100 years to develop courteous habits; which of course never happened. Now, you're reaping the rewards for it.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:21 pm

I've never been a smoker but I don't have a problem with designated smoking areas at outdoor venues. Even though I hate the smell of smoke, I also don't like the idea behind eliminating smoking from everywhere. It's a social habit... like drinking and dipping. You want to have a more positive impact, eliminate dipping... brown, crooked-toothed bastards spitting dip all over themselves or in a disgusting dip cup is way more gross than smokers contained to designated areas.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:26 pm

trenches wrote:You want to have a more positive impact, eliminate dipping... brown, crooked-toothed bastards spitting dip all over themselves or in a disgusting dip cup is way more gross than smokers contained to designated areas.

Ew, that's gross! :lol:

Personally, I don't want to kiss an ashtray, but that's just me.

Return to Rant Forum