Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Hey LIBS! Hope this BURNS!!!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Seasoned Veteran

Hey LIBS! Hope this BURNS!!!

Postby bigjoespompano » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 am

Got this in the 'mail' a while ago and wanted to share it with all the Libtards here. Read it through then go swig a bottle of Pepto 'cause you're gonna need it. Enjoy it, commie-libs!

For those who are unaware, at a military theater, the National Anthem is played before every movie. :shock:

From a Chaplain in Iraq:

I recently attended a showing of 'Superman 3,' here at LSA Anaconda. We have a large auditorium we use for movies, as well as memorial services and other large gatherings. As is the custom back in the States, we stood and
snapped to attention when the National Anthem began before the main feature. All was going as planned until about three-quarters of the way through The National Anthem the music stopped.

Now, what would happen if this occurred with 1,000 18-22 year-olds back in the States? I imagine there would be hoots, catcalls, laughter, a few rude comments; and everyone would sit down and call for a movie. Of course, that
is, if they had stood for the National Anthem in the first place. Here, the 1,000 Soldiers continued to stand at attention, eyes fixed forward. The music started again. The Soldiers continued to quietly stand at attention. And again, at the same point, the music stopped. What would you expect to happen?

Even here I would imagine laughter, as everyone finally sat down and expected the movie to start. But here, you could have heard a pin drop. Every Soldier continued to stand at attention. Suddenly there was a lone voice, then a dozen, and quickly the room was filled with the voices of a thousand soldiers, finishing where the recording left off: 'And the rockets red glare, The bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night That our flag was still there. Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave, O'er the land of the free, And the home of the brave.'

It was the most inspiring moment I have had here in Iraq. I wanted you to know what kind of Soldiers are serving you here. Remember them as they fight for you! Pass this along as a reminder to others to be ever in prayer for all our soldiers serving us here at home and abroad. For many have already paid the ultimate price.

Written by Chaplain Jim Higgins
LSA Anaconda is at the Ballad Airport in Iraq, north of Bagdad

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Hey LIBS! Hope this BURNS!!!

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:38 pm

And because I am a lib, I'm supposed to not like this? It's a bunch of military people, what would you expect them to do? You sound like the one who is a commie if you think someone would not like this.

Little joe, you are a douche, but a douche without a nozzle..... you are useless.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby bigjoespompano » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:32 pm

The Fan Of STEEL wrote:And because I am a lib, I'm supposed to not like this? It's a bunch of military people, what would you expect them to do? You sound like the one who is a commie if you think someone would not like this.

Little joe, you are a douche, but a douche without a nozzle..... you are useless.

Showing support for our Military folks, Fan of Squeal? Why the about-face? Gotta be tough being you, all conflicted like you are. Tell 'ya what! Why doncha go stand at an arrival gate at the airport. When someone in a Militart uniform comes by, spit on them and scream "Baby Killer!' That ought to make you feel much better....

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:23 pm

bigjoespompano wrote:
The Fan Of STEEL wrote:And because I am a lib, I'm supposed to not like this? It's a bunch of military people, what would you expect them to do? You sound like the one who is a commie if you think someone would not like this.

Showing support for our Military folks, Fan of Squeal? Why the about-face? Gotta be tough being you, all conflicted like you are. Tell 'ya what! Why doncha go stand at an arrival gate at the airport. When someone in a Militart uniform comes by, spit on them and scream "Baby Killer!' That ought to make you feel much better....

You, sir, are an idiot. I'm hardcore liberal. My dad was US Army infantry for 23 years including being in the 82nd Airborne out of Bragg. I have quite a few relatives who've served as well. I myself have been through all the training required to be an Air Force officer including boot camp and course work. Do I hate the military too?

People wonder why politics is so dumbed down. It's because people like you can't think any deeper than: "Republican like flag; Democrat hate America."

Seasoned Veteran

Postby bigjoespompano » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:10 am

GodfatherofSoul wrote:
bigjoespompano wrote:

You, sir, are an idiot. I'm hardcore liberal. My dad was US Army infantry for 23 years including being in the 82nd Airborne out of Bragg. I have quite a few relatives who've served as well. I myself have been through all the training required to be an Air Force officer including boot camp and course work. Do I hate the military too?

People wonder why politics is so dumbed down. It's because people like you can't think any deeper than: "Republican like flag; Democrat hate America."

Ahhh, Father of 'Ho's! Nice of you to drop in! Glad our A.A. Steeler fan could be with us today. Did you enjoy the bus ride down here and the free boxed lunch? That Uncle Jessie is quite a guy, eh? Anyway...

Being a self professed 'Hard core Liberal' must make holiday get togethers in your family a real bear! How DO you manage to sit quietly at the Holiday table whilst all the true Americans (the military folks) discuss the current VICTORIES in Iraq and Afganistan? God! That must lay in your gut and burn like a Muthafugga! Being forced to sit there with those true HEROS and all you can do is occasionally squeak out something nasty about their COMMANDER IN CHIEF. Damn! It must suck to be you....

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 am

bigjoespompano wrote:

I have never done anything but "support our troops". I'll leave calling people in Militart uniforms "baby killers" and spitting on them, up to assholes like yourself little joe.

I also support bringing all our troops home from Iraq now, stop spending money in Iraq now, and spend it here on America where it is needed.

As I said earlier, you are a douche.

Little Joe = Captain Douche

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Just to add a lil more here...

I'm kind of in the "Did you expect anything less?" boat. I mean, come on. This is military personnel we're talking about. Soldiers. Some of the most DISCIPLINED people out there regarding protocol. Of course they are going to stay at attention. They are taught to do so NO MATTER the circumstance until eased. Or so is my perspective at least. Them filling in singing the rest makes the story that much better.

That said...

I have never voted in my life. I've really never in my life seen a need to be 'politically aware'... Until this recent administration.

Now, I see myself as a conservative Republican. I do NOT see what's going on with our self-proclaimed 'conservatives' running a conservative ship.

I'm all for bringing the troops home too, although cutting and running would NOT be a good idea considering the years there... The lives lost... The REDICULOUS amount of money spent... All coupled with Iraq really being where it was before we got there, sans Sadaam.

I'm with Fan of STEEL... Let's start worrying about our own country. Let's start putting billions, if not TRILLIONS back into this country. Let's keep our troops from unnecessary harm. Yeah... I'm starting to believe this whole terrorist brew-ha-ha is just another propaganda machine fear tactic. I don't see after withdrawal, suddenly we fall victim to suicide and car bombings is Sioux Falls immediately after. We were just as safe before 9/11 as we would be if we stop interferring in other country's affairs and politics.

Being the big bully on the block only works for so long before getting popped in the mouth and KOed. The law of averages ALWAYS prevails.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Just as someone mentioned above, people like Bigjoewhateverthefuck are what's really wrong with this country. They are ignorant and uneducated, and they are proud! They're the type who, in their high-school days, used to make fun of people who planned to go on to college. These yokels haven't read a book in their lives, aside from perhaps occasional perusals of the Bible, when they need source material for their superstitions. They love the fact that they don't have to think too much on a daily basis, just watch FuxNews and then repeat whatever they've heard or seen. They think that they are the real patriots! These idiots will be the downfall of our great nation. They shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Hey Joe! What do you think of those meth-tweaking assholes who were arrested in Denver? You know, the patriotic Americans with the rifles and the crystal and the plot to kill Obama, because he's black and doesn't belong in public office? Friends of yours?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey Joe! What do you think of those meth-tweaking assholes who were arrested in Denver? You know, the patriotic Americans with the rifles and the crystal and the plot to kill Obama, because he's black and doesn't belong in public office? Friends of yours?

Friends of his? I wouldn't doubt if it WAS him tangled in the plot. Afterall, joe does sound a bit to be a meth-tweaking asshole himself.

I keeed. I keeed.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:45 pm

speaking of fox news... Did anyone notice that they had Carl Rove on as a commentator? Yeah, thats a no spin zone. Fox news, is as far from a no spin zone as it gets.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby bigjoespompano » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:28 pm

The Fan Of STEEL wrote:speaking of fox news... Did anyone notice that they had Carl Rove on as a commentator? Yeah, thats a no spin zone. Fox news, is as far from a no spin zone as it gets.

And MSNBC has Paul Bugala (SP?) one of Clinton's senior advisors. Your point, Red diper doper baby?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:47 am

politics on a football message board? Surely there are better places to start that discussion.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:14 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:
bigjoespompano wrote:

Yeah, I used to think littlejoe was just another one of the patriotards you desribe above godfather, but he comes across too stupid to be the real thing. The real thing would'nt seem this hardcore, not even four years ago.

And for you folks that still think there's a difference between the demoncratic and republisatanic parties, wake the fuck up!!!!! They are merely puppets A, and puppets B. Sure, the demoncrats may talk a tough game about ending the foreign wars, but you'll soon see their true colors, or rather their masters (which is the same master of the republisatans) true colors. We'll soon be fighting yet another kosher war for israel in Iran, you can bet on that!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 am

And for you folks that still think there's a difference between the demoncratic and republisatanic parties, wake the fuck up!!!!! They are merely puppets A, and puppets B.

Which makes us know the two-party system has failed us.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:07 am

lynchcowher wrote:And for you folks that still think there's a difference between the demoncratic and republisatanic parties, wake the fuck up!!!!! They are merely puppets A, and puppets B. Sure, the demoncrats may talk a tough game about ending the foreign wars, but you'll soon see their true colors, or rather their masters (which is the same master of the republisatans) true colors. We'll soon be fighting yet another kosher war for israel in Iran, you can bet on that!!!

There's a HUGE difference between the parties. Most people who don't think there is are Republicans disillusioned with their party. What we have is a tenuous balance of power that keeps either party from pushing it's agenda through. From 2000-2006, the Republicans had absolute control, so you know what their priorities were and are. If Obama wins the election and the anticipated massive leftward swing happens in Congress, you're going to see some big changes in the next 4 years.

If you don't pay any attention to politics, listen to both Obama's and McCain's convention speeches.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 am

Words and action are two different things godfather. Obama should win this election and I'm happy about that, you'll see that it make no difference which party is in power when it comes to fighting wars for israel, they're both bought and paid for shabbas goyim in that regard.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Before I go on, I want it to be known that no one has earned my vote this far.

I don't understand why so many people either feel Obama is going to win, why he's leading polls, and/or why he's got such a strong following.

I mean, the man's platform is Change. Okay. Fine. People don't like the direction the country has taken over the last 8 years. Great. So let's change it.

Well... That said... I haven't seen anything where Obama openly states WHAT he is going to change, much less HOW he is going to change it.

Hopefully, he's saving such ammo for the coming pre-election debates. Time will tell.

On another note, what's with yet another blatant Terrible Towel rip-off seen at the RNC? Is it time for Pittsburgh to find another gimmick?

Practice Squad

Postby stillhearted » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Little Joe = Captain Douche

pretty much sums it up.
:x

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:09 am

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:Before I go on, I want it to be known that no one has earned my vote this far.

I don't understand why so many people either feel Obama is going to win, why he's leading polls, and/or why he's got such a strong following.

I mean, the man's platform is Change. Okay. Fine. People don't like the direction the country has taken over the last 8 years. Great. So let's change it.

Well... That said... I haven't seen anything where Obama openly states WHAT he is going to change, much less HOW he is going to change it.

Hopefully, he's saving such ammo for the coming pre-election debates. Time will tell.

On another note, what's with yet another blatant Terrible Towel rip-off seen at the RNC? Is it time for Pittsburgh to find another gimmick?

I hate it when people who don't take the time to follow the race bitch about "I haven't seen anything where Obama openly states WHAT he is going to change." You don't know shit because you haven't taken the time to learn shit. No one is going to gift wrap info and place it on your porch. You're also not going to hear it from Limbaugh or O'Reilly. Did you even watch his nomination speech? He stated about 30 policy changes he'd make and why. Did you watch McCain's nomination speech or did you watch the game? I tivo'd it so I could watch both. You can find policy docs on each candidates' web site.

Americans get the government we deserve. You don't put in the time to know what the hell these guys are doing and you get the pro-corporate anti-labor bullshit we've got in place right now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:24 pm

Godfather... I certainly appreciate your arguement. I think I should have left the "WHAT" part out of my lil rant. The emphasis was more-so on lack of stating the HOW on Obama's "CHANGE" platform.

Don't get me wrong at all. I like Obama. I think he's a great speaker and seems very genuine about returning this country back into a direction it hasn't seen in some time now.

Unfortunately for me, I don't pay any attention to the current 'politics' via the mainstream media. I certainly WOULD if I knew I'd get fair and balanced. Unfortunately, if it's broadcast via television, it's most-likely agenda-laden and/or biased. That said, what sources I DO use also seem to be biased (to a lesser degree, but a generous asshole is still an asshole) so I'm left to digest everything and try to sort through what's accurate, what's half-truthed, and what's flat-out :suahhbs: .

I've never voted in my life so in turn, I've kept my political angst to myself for a large majority of my life. I was born in 1980. I feel that this election could very well turn out to be the most important in American history. I started following the whole political brew-ha-ha about 18 months ago. I'm certainly aware of all the political rhetoric regarding taxes, healthcare, ending/continuing the war, foreign and domestic policy... Education... You name it... It's full of big promise every single election on both sides of the fence. This time around has proven no different.

I guess what I'm getting at is... Our presidential candidates better NOT be discussing flag pins, hand-over-the-heart during the pledge of allegiance... Beginning a town-hall WITH the pledge of allegiance... Being a war hero... Things like that. The American public deserves MORE than distractions away from the issues. Such :suahhbs: only intensifies my disdain for our political/electoral process; where creating a side-show of finger-pointing overrides discussing what TRUELY qualifies a person to hold the 'highest office in the land'. Then again, that's the nature of the beast that is politics.

I will certainly be sure to watch both acceptance speeches, Godfather. I was having dinner with a friend during Obama's and was traveling during McCain's. As a matter of fact... I DID happen to watch the first 15 minutes or so of McCain's before deciding it was too late, bookmarked the page, and went to bed.

Maybe when I educate myself further on both candidate's plans for 'change', I'll have more to offer in a political conversation. For now, I digress.

:sutimebomb:

Next

Return to Rant Forum