Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Hey Libs! A serious tax question for younz!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Seasoned Veteran

Hey Libs! A serious tax question for younz!

Postby bigjoespompano » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:10 am

As you are aware, your President (He's not MY president! -sound familiar??) fully intends to roll back the Bush/Reagan tax cuts implemented over the last twenty five or so years. That's fine. I'm sure a lot of 'less fortunates' will be helped with the extra cash (isn't that what's supposed to happen?) Anyway, my question to you is this:

Do you know or are you aware of EXACTLY what percentage of your paycheck you lost to taxes each week? Does this percentage bother you at all? Do you think it too high or are you comfortable with it as a whole? Do you mind that when the tax cuts get rolled back that percentage will shoot upwards? Will you be 'okay' with the increase? Will you just look at it and think to yourself " Sure, it's high but look at all the 'good' those extra dollars are doing out there!"

C'mon Libs! Be honest. How will you feel? ;)

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Hey Libs! A serious tax question for younz!

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:04 am

bigjoespompano wrote:As you are aware, your President (He's not MY president! -sound familiar??) fully intends to roll back the Bush/Reagan tax cuts implemented over the last twenty five or so years. That's fine. I'm sure a lot of 'less fortunates' will be helped with the extra cash (isn't that what's supposed to happen?) Anyway, my question to you is this:

Do you know or are you aware of EXACTLY what percentage of your paycheck you lost to taxes each week? Does this percentage bother you at all? Do you think it too high or are you comfortable with it as a whole? Do you mind that when the tax cuts get rolled back that percentage will shoot upwards? Will you be 'okay' with the increase? Will you just look at it and think to yourself " Sure, it's high but look at all the 'good' those extra dollars are doing out there!"

Congratulations for making more that $250K a year since you think your taxes are going up. I don't make anywhere near that much and I'd be willing to pay more in taxes for national healthcare or to help us out of this near Depression. As for how much you make, you should do some research. Your buying power went DOWN over the last eight years. The so-called 2001 recovery that Bush loves to tout never happened. Just a bunch of overinflated stocks that created the illusion of wealth. And, I do put some of the blame on Clinton, too.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Witchblade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:04 am

How much will each person pay for the additional taxes on the products they buy? Who pays for a tax on carbon?

The power to tax is the power to destroy_John Marshall, Supreme Court Justice from 1801-35

http://www.whiskeyandgunpowder.com/the- ... o-destroy/
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.
P. J. O'Rourke (1947 - )

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SnatchSacker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:
bigjoespompano wrote:As you are aware, your President (He's not MY president! -sound familiar??) fully intends to roll back the Bush/Reagan tax cuts implemented over the last twenty five or so years. That's fine. I'm sure a lot of 'less fortunates' will be helped with the extra cash (isn't that what's supposed to happen?) Anyway, my question to you is this:

Congratulations for making more that $250K a year since you think your taxes are going up. I don't make anywhere near that much and I'd be willing to pay more in taxes for national healthcare or to help us out of this near Depression. As for how much you make, you should do some research. Your buying power went DOWN over the last eight years. The so-called 2001 recovery that Bush loves to tout never happened. Just a bunch of overinflated stocks that created the illusion of wealth. And, I do put some of the blame on Clinton, too.

Yup, national healthcare has worked out so great in other countries - BTW, can you name one that it's working in?

For god's sake, we have gone from a nation that leads, to a nation that follows.... and I guess now after dear leader has made his visit across the pond, we're a nation that apologizes for leading!

FUCK THAT! DEAR LEADER, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SORRY ASS OVER THERE WITH THE QUEEN!

Return to Rant Forum