Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Marines kick ass AGAIN! Hooo-Rahhh!!!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Seasoned Veteran

Marines kick ass AGAIN! Hooo-Rahhh!!!

Postby bigjoespompano » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 am

http://www.military.com/news/article/ma ... price.html

I know the heroism of our guys over there just drives the Libs nuts so here's another little tidbit for them to choke on!

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Marines kick ass AGAIN! Hooo-Rahhh!!!

Postby sarka196 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:28 am

During the battle, the designated marksman single handedly thwarted a company-sized enemy RPG and machinegun ambush by reportedly killing 20 enemy fighters with his devastatingly accurate precision fire. He selflessly exposed himself time and again to intense enemy fire during a critical point in the eight-hour battle for Shewan in order to kill any enemy combatants who attempted to engage or maneuver on the Marines in the kill zone. What made his actions even more impressive was the fact that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting within a foot of his fighting position.

“I was in my own little world,” the young corporal said. “I wasn’t even aware of a lot of the rounds impacting near my position, because I was concentrating so hard on making sure my rounds were on target.”

After calling for close-air support, the small group of Marines pushed forward and broke the enemies’ spirit as many of them dropped their weapons and fled the battlefield. At the end of the battle, the Marines had reduced an enemy stronghold, killed more than 50 insurgents and wounded several more.

“I didn’t realize how many bad guys there were until we had broken through the enemies’ lines and forced them to retreat. It was roughly 250 insurgents against 30 of us,” the corporal said. “It was a good day for the Marine Corps. We killed a lot of bad guys, and none of our guys were seriously injured.”

This young Marine took the saying "One shot, one kill" to heart. :cheers:

Semper Fi!
Marines should come with warning labels.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:27 am

God Bless these men.

Today I am Thankful that they are protecting us from those who would destroy our way of life.

Practice Squad

Postby deathwind » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:39 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:God Bless these men.

Today I am Thankful that they are protecting us from those who would destroy our way of life.

Right on! happy thanksgiving all. :subngtowl:

Return to Rant Forum