Register

Board index » Rant Forum » FBI to investigate NFL after Steelers/Chargers debacle?

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Seasoned Veteran

FBI to investigate NFL after Steelers/Chargers debacle?

Postby JumboHeadYouks » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:49 am

I hope the FBI investigates the NFL after this catastrophe.

13 penalties to 1? Yeah, because San Diego is known for being such a disciplined team right? Give me a break. Yesterday's game was one of the most embarrassing displays I have ever seen in my life. The referees GAVE SD their only TD with a horrendous pass interference call-- then proceeded to whistle the Steelers for penalties anytime they got something going. Have you ever seen a team throw for over 300 yards, rush for over 100, and not score 1 single TD???

I guess it is just a coincidence that the Chargers were 4.5 point dogs and the last TD was overturned when it CLEARLY should have been allowed.

I am personally writing a letter to the NFL Office and I am sure the Rooney's will be as well. There was definitely some SHADY, if not CRIMINAL activity going on Sunday.
Last edited by JumboHeadYouks on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: FBI to investigate NFL after Steelers/Chargers debacle?

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Don't hold your breath. The only reason Donaghy got clipped was his name was either mentioned or written somewhere in an investigation of organized crime. I agree though, that was the most obvious attempt at biasing the outcome of the game.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Wire service story claims the officals are admiting their mistake. What if we need the points in a season ending tie breaking situation?? Could that happen?

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 pm

What if the TD would have won the game?

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:19 pm

dave8105 wrote:What if the TD would have won the game?

Do you think the Chargers would lateral the ball if they held a lead during that kick return?

Answer = no.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:19 am

Nel wrote:
dave8105 wrote:What if the TD would have won the game?

Do you think the Chargers would lateral the ball if they held a lead during that kick return?

Answer = no.

You can't say that for sure, just as much as you can't say for sure the game was fixed, but there is still the possibility.

Practice Squad

Postby steelerspaz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Can you do me a favor and try not to be so misleading with the title of your threads in the future? The title suggests that the FBI is actually going to do an investigation, whereas it reads that you think they ought to.

There was nothing shady at this game. A few bad calls, as always. A mistake at the end. It's near impossible for anybody to set up the refs in this game to determine an over/under. What if it was a blow out? What if Troy hadn't done what he did to begin with? There's too many "what-ifs"; no criminal is going to invest the time and energy to try and thwart something which he won't ever have very much control over anyways.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Now this is a dumb thread to be up on top for over a week, with absolutely no insight or investigative reporting.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Stillustronic wrote:Now this is a dumb thread to be up on top for over a week, with absolutely no insight or investigative reporting.

Why complain about a stupid thread being on top and yet make another post to bump it up there?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby JumboHeadYouks » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Nel wrote:
Stillustronic wrote:Now this is a dumb thread to be up on top for over a week, with absolutely no insight or investigative reporting.

Why complain about a stupid thread being on top and yet make another post to bump it up there?

I agree, this thread sucks. I posted it as a rant after almost breaking my knuckles watching this abortion of a game. It's nice to know this thread got so much attention though. I guess it says something for the lack of activity on this board... This board is dying my friends.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:01 pm

JumboHeadYouks wrote:This board is dying my friends.

And yet you've made on average only about 0.33 posts per day since you joined?

Thanks for your vigorous participation and for your creation of a thread that sucks.

Practice Squad

Postby bdl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Yeah!

Return to Rant Forum