Register

Board index » Rant Forum » Sarah Palin: American Genius

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Stillers.com Team

Re: Sarah Palin: American Genius

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:48 pm

TheOldRanger wrote:I'd love to talk about the issues, Steelhamper, but, quite frankly, you bore me. Your constant whining is irritating. So, I'm out. Enjoy the next four years, my pseudointellectual friend.

When I read this all I hear is that old song,
"Three Blind Mice, Three Blind Mice. See how they run. See how they run."
8-) 8-) 8-)

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:04 am

Debunked:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/arts/television/13hoax.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

It was among the juicier post-election recriminations: Fox News Channel quoted an unnamed McCain campaign figure as saying that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent.

Who would say such a thing? On Monday the answer popped up on a blog and popped out of the mouth of David Shuster, an MSNBC anchor. “Turns out it was Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, who has come forward today to identify himself as the source of the leaks,” Mr. Shuster said.

Trouble is, Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist. His blog does, but it’s a put-on. The think tank where he is a senior fellow — the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy — is just a Web site. The TV clips of him on YouTube are fakes.

And the claim of credit for the Africa anecdote is just the latest ruse by Eisenstadt, who turns out to be a very elaborate hoax that has been going on for months. MSNBC, which quickly corrected the mistake, has plenty of company in being taken in by an Eisenstadt hoax, including The New Republic and The Los Angeles Times.

Gee...how many here fell for that story? :laugh
Marines should come with warning labels.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:39 am

sarka196 wrote:Debunked

Not really. What was debunked was the identity of so called McCain advisor who, after the story was leaked, took claim for the leak. We have first-hand accounts from journalists like Kelly O'Donnell, who was a McCain campaign embed, who was told this stuff directly by members of his campaign. Kelly O'Donnell didn't read it off a blog.

Remember, we're talking about a woman who took an unvetted call from a bunch of comedians claiming to be the President of France.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm

BTW, this is just like what happened with Dan Rather and the bogus documents story. People were so fixated on the bogus documents that they ignored what we knew to be true about Bush skipping out on his Guard duty.

Practice Squad

Postby deathwind » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:31 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:

Not really. What was debunked was the identity of so called McCain advisor who, after the story was leaked, took claim for the leak. We have first-hand accounts from journalists like Kelly O'Donnell, who was a McCain campaign embed, who was told this stuff directly by members of his campaign. Kelly O'Donnell didn't read it off a blog.

Remember, we're talking about a woman who took an unvetted call from a bunch of comedians claiming to be the President of France.

The president of France IS a clown. :shock:

Previous

Return to Rant Forum