Register

Board index » Rant Forum » GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Practice Squad

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Postby stillhearted » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Just a shout out to all of yinz, repubs, dems, indies all.

lets take a moment to remember what a great fucking country we live in. how lucky we are and blessed.

we have many disagreements on politics, but we are ONE NATION, and let me just say now, I WOULD STAND UP AND FIGHT WITH ANY ONE OF YOU AGAINST ANY ENEMY THAT WOULD DENY ANY OF US THE RIGHT TO BE FREE... DEMS, REPUBS, WHOMEVER.

I FEEL PROUD ON THIS DAY KNOWING WE ALL REALLY DO STAND FOR ONE ANOTHER, AND I FEEL A COLLECTIVE CHANGE HAPPENING TONIGHT. AND IF IT BE MCCAIN OR OBAMA, I WILL ALWAYS PLEDGE MY UNDYING LOYALTY TO THIS COUNTRY, ALL OF YOU, AND OUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS!

I WOULD PROUDLY LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR OUR RIGHTS, ANYTIME, ANY DAY... SO WOULD ANY OF YOU.

I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.

LOVE TO YOU ALL!

GO VOTE &
GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHoN-8ibsY

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Postby kapone » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 am

Well said Stillhearted...well said.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 am

A great day for America.

Good post SH. :suplusone:

Practice Squad

Postby GI Steeler » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 pm

dont get me wrong, Obama won and he will be my preisdent in january. i will respect him as such because i am not one of those maggots who have bitched and cried for 8 years that "Bush Sucks" and "He's not MY president".

but having said this, how come it is only when dems win something does everyone say "we have to come together"

we have had 8 years under bush to "come together"

'Coming together' nowadays means, "Conservatives, give up everything you believe and join the dems"

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:25 pm

GI Steeler wrote:dont get me wrong, Obama won and he will be my preisdent in january. i will respect him as such because i am not one of those maggots who have bitched and cried for 8 years that "Bush Sucks" and "He's not MY president".

but having said this, how come it is only when dems win something does everyone say "we have to come together"

'Coming together' nowadays means, "Conservatives, give up everything you believe and join the dems"

Your favorite President ran the country into the fucking dirt. Now, watch what COMPETENT leadership accomplishes in the next 4 years.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 pm

GI Steeler wrote:how come it is only when dems win something does everyone say "we have to come together"

:suplusone:

(and by the way, I did not move this thread.)

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 am

thesteelhammer wrote:
GI Steeler wrote:how come it is only when dems win something does everyone say "we have to come together"

:suplusone:

(and by the way, I did not move this thread.)

I moved the thread here, folks; the topic is not about the Stillers and we do not have a politics or God forum.

Practice Squad

Postby Suwanee88 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:30 am

how come it is only when dems win something does everyone say "we have to come together"

Great question. I am a republican. I voted for McCain. I am now behind Obama 100% and will support him. I think he is a good man and will do his best and I am hoping for the best.

Still Hearted - I didnt think you believed in God? Didnt you post a picture of Christ being crucified with a Snickers logo next to him one time?

Practice Squad

Postby GI Steeler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:05 am

GodFatherofShit notwithstanding,

i am really not bitter about the election. i will always fully support my president, whomever is elected. that's what makes reasonable americans different from the miserable DailyKos whackjobs who beat the "Bush Sucks" drum for 8 years.

If Obama goes off the deep end and starts rubber-stamping every kooky idea Nancy Pelosi has, then he is going to have problems in the country. If he uses common sense and doesn't try to create some imaginary Utopia out of our nation, he will be fine.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:17 pm

GI Steeler wrote:GodFatherofShit notwithstanding,

i am really not bitter about the election. i will always fully support my president, whomever is elected. that's what makes reasonable americans different from the miserable DailyKos whackjobs who beat the "Bush Sucks" drum for 8 years.

If Obama goes off the deep end and starts rubber-stamping every kooky idea Nancy Pelosi has, then he is going to have problems in the country. If he uses common sense and doesn't try to create some imaginary Utopia out of our nation, he will be fine.

Umm, look at the economy, our international standing, the rush of jobs out of the country, and the resurgence of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Bush DID suck. Why you would attack people for telling you that is beyond me. And, please stop regurgitating the Limbaugh-O'Reilly kooky vision of the future that Pelosi will be running the government.

Practice Squad

Postby GI Steeler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 pm

bush's term has some warts. all presidents do. bush has succeeded greatly is a few things though. al qaeda's infrastructure is in shambles. it leadership base has been greatly thinned and they now know the lengths we will go to hunt them down. also, our efforts in iraq have displayed that muslims can be shown that the terrorist crap is against their own interests.

that is what the surge has shown us. counter-insurgency strategy is simply protecting the civilian population so that they help you sniff out the bad guys. iraqi people are doing this.

as far as the economy goes, only a total water-carrying must-blame-bush no matter what individual would argue that this credit crunch was anything but the result of a whole mess of bad mortagages given to financially unsound people. lots of blame to go around including several dems in congress who publicly chastised government regulators during hearings when the regulators suggested reining in fannie and freddie. hardly bush's fault. the economy was humming along nicely for a long time under bush.

as far as international opinion, it has always been that way. everyone hates us until they need us.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:31 pm

GI Steeler wrote:bush's term has some warts. all presidents do. bush has succeeded greatly is a few things though. al qaeda's infrastructure is in shambles. it leadership base has been greatly thinned and they now know the lengths we will go to hunt them down. also, our efforts in iraq have displayed that muslims can be shown that the terrorist crap is against their own interests.

that is what the surge has shown us. counter-insurgency strategy is simply protecting the civilian population so that they help you sniff out the bad guys. iraqi people are doing this.

as far as the economy goes, only a total water-carrying must-blame-bush no matter what individual would argue that this credit crunch was anything but the result of a whole mess of bad mortagages given to financially unsound people. lots of blame to go around including several dems in congress who publicly chastised government regulators during hearings when the regulators suggested reining in fannie and freddie. hardly bush's fault. the economy was humming along nicely for a long time under bush.

as far as international opinion, it has always been that way. everyone hates us until they need us.

So, what you're saying is Obama will probably ruin the country but everything bad that happened on Bush's watch wasn't really his fault?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

GI Steeler wrote:dont get me wrong, Obama won and he will be my preisdent in january. i will respect him as such because i am not one of those maggots who have bitched and cried for 8 years that "Bush Sucks" and "He's not MY president".

Sorry but Bush said the same exact thing when he took office. Remember he was supposed to bring us together not separate us. He made zero effort to make that happen and in fact his administration was the most secretive and partisan we have ever had.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:04 pm

GI Steeler wrote:bush's term has some warts. all presidents do. bush has succeeded greatly is a few things though. al qaeda's infrastructure is in shambles. it leadership base has been greatly thinned and they now know the lengths we will go to hunt them down. also, our efforts in iraq have displayed that muslims can be shown that the terrorist crap is against their own interests.

Bush has not succedded in Iraq, we are still there, we are still killing people there, we are still losing our own kids there. It cost us billions and billions of dollars and will continue to cost us for years. It is a disaster. Had we spent that kind of money on our own country we would have been better off by far.

As far as international opinion, you are wrong. America was looked at by many nations including Bin Laden and his "terrorists" as a leader that they looked up to for inspiration. We have not always been hated to the extent we are today and in the years and years I travelled out of the United States, the only place I ran into alot of people that did not like Americans was in Europe because they think we are arrogant.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:40 pm

My favorite quote ~

"We do not serve a red America or a blue America, we serve the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

:cheers:

Return to Rant Forum