Register

Board index » Rant Forum » 63 Corvette or Ferrari 360?

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures

63 Corvette or Ferrari 360?

63 Corvette
50%
Ferrari 360
50%

Total votes : 12
Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:26 pm

Let's see how many posters Godfatherofsoul needs to smack.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: 63 Corvette or Ferrari 360?

Postby sarka196 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Like I said in the original thread, I have a soft spot for the '63 Vette. Just one sweet vehicle.
Marines should come with warning labels.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:01 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:63 Corvette or Ferrari 360?

Let's see how many posters Godfatherofsoul needs to smack.

Not a problem, my pimp hand is STRONG! :twisted:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:26 am

Umm, what would we be using the vehicle for????? If it was just a car to sit around and look at, I'd take the vette hands down. If we were able to to drive it however, it's no contest in favor of the ferrari. Anyone who says differant, hasn't driven both vehicles.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:39 pm

63 Vet. I could care less what the Ferrari drives like.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 pm

lynchcowher wrote:Umm, what would we be using the vehicle for????? If it was just a car to sit around and look at, I'd take the vette hands down. If we were able to to drive it however, it's no contest in favor of the ferrari. Anyone who says differant, hasn't driven both vehicles.

I've driven the Ferrari...in GTR 2 ;)

And, I still don't see the competition.

Image Image

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 am

Yeah, not quite the same buddy.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Ferrari.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:42 pm

A revving Ferrari?!?!? :yes:

Sorry, while the Corvette is nice, the look and sound of art in motion is where it's at... for this guy anyway.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:56 am

This is really an apples and oranges personal preference question and really isn't a sound basis for comparison of the two vehicles in question.

Two different eras of cars designed with two different kinds of mindsets. The American 'muscle car' straight line power versus the high tech equal weight distributed platform designed for agile road handling, though amply powered. So lets see just where the mustard is cut.

In the awe inspiring category we have two winners of two completely different fulfillments. The Vette obviously wins the nostalgic vote, not to mention it is the first model that embraced a true sports car from the styling standpoint of the line. The Stingray finally discarded the bubbly 50's over embellishing that was destroying the Vette as a sports car look since the trimmer 57 model year, good job Chevy! One must also consider if the version of choice is the split back window as opposed to the roadster, which was available for a few years and the split back also offers rarity and collectability beyond all other Stingray models.

With the Ferrari, as in most all Ferrari's you have the awe built in, from it's sturdy profile to it's beautifully aesthetic styling Ferrari's win that more than not. Add the fact you are looking at near current technology with a big V8 and you have no comparison. It would probably beat the nostalgic Vette in a quarter mile as well, given the surrendered 30 some year disadvantage. Now with that in mind you also don't see in the 60's repartee the aggressive profile of current sports cars, low, wide, road gripping stance, with wide rubber rollers supplying the footprint. What you see even in the sleek Stingray is a relatively light footed skinny car though much improved from the previous oversized 50's models. But still a bit meek.

Not to mention the obvious accouterments one will enjoy from both head to head. You may have a scratchy a.m. radio and not certain of AC or even power windows for the Vette, and everything in the 360 and then some. One also can find a bit of a nautilus workout driving the Ferrari as one must make very deliberate motion to drive one.

So we tally up the pros and cons and one can only arrive at the Vette winning the nostalgic vote and for the split back window model, rarity. The Ferrari blows out all other considerations of comparison, and given both cars in excellent condition, would obviously out value a sale price.

I see this as 6 to 1 Ferrari, but lets add one more consideration to the fold, reliability, which even an old American sports car would have a considerable edge over the quirky finicky Ferrari. So if you also add cost of ownership to the side of the Vette I still see this as a 2 to 1 vote Italian.

Ferrari or Porsche you find the Ferrari failing more times than not.

Return to Rant Forum