Register

Board index » Rant Forum » NOT 1 PERSON HAS SAID BEN CALLED THE PLAYS TODAY INTERESTING

Non-Stiller related rants, pontifications, and soapbox lectures
Grizzled Veteran

NOT 1 PERSON HAS SAID BEN CALLED THE PLAYS TODAY INTERESTING

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 pm

When things go good "Ben calls the plays" When they go bad "Arians did'. Did I call it or what??

Hall of Famer

Re: NOT 1 PERSON HAS SAID BEN CALLED THE PLAYS TODAY INTERESTING

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 am

Scalaid6 wrote:When things go good "Ben calls the plays" When they go bad "Arians did'. Did I call it or what??

You are a complete utter idiot. Read Still Mills postgame analysis shit for brains

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 am

Ben seems to only call the plays when the offense runs out of the no huddle, which was not run Sunday. So I don't agree with your point.

But with that being said, Ben played about the shittiest game I've ever seen from him, and the team lost. As much as it pains me, I put a lot, if not the majority, of the blame on him for the loss -- not Arians, not the special teams and not the botched snap.

Perhaps we'll see in the coming days what Arians, Tomlin and Ben were thinking, because the entire offensive game plan was crap, and the play by Ben to back it up was even poorer. I actually think Ben had a lot of time to throw the ball, and of the 5 sacks, only 1 was because of immediate pressure -- when Kiwanuka blew past Max Starks. Ben held on to the ball entirely too long all day, and it never seemed like he had ANYONE to check down to, perhaps his fault by not changing things at the line of scrimmage. When he did have guys open, many of the throws were not on the money, and on several occasions, he put his receivers in the perfect position to get their clock cleaned. 13 of 29 certainly isn't an efficient performance. Blah.

Practice Squad

Postby d_iris » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:55 am

Scalaid6 wrote:When things go good "Ben calls the plays" When they go bad "Arians did'. Did I call it or what??

the problem IS that yesterday's game was a COMPLETE offensive breakdown. it wasn't ALL on ben or ALL on ariass! i'm the biggest ben supporter in the world. i love that kid but he does hold on to the ball too long. i counted thousand 5 a couple times yesterday while he quadruple clutched the rock. ariass didn't throw the picks. ariass' problem is his vanilla-ass play calling and not utilizing the weapons we have. yesterday was ugly. no doubt. but seriously, why do you have to insist on starting every thread with "I WAS RIGHT" or something along those lines? get over yourself. if you can do it better, contact the stiller front office and fill out a resume.

Return to Rant Forum