Board index » Other Sports Forum » Rampage arrested

Talk about the Pens, Pirates, or any Pittsburgh sports
Stillers.com Team

Rampage arrested

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Stillers.com Team

Re: Rampage arrested

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Now they are detaining him to have hi smelon check out.
News flash - getting hit repeatedly in the head can cause you to act weird.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3494175

'Rampage' Jackson detained for mental health evaluation
Associated Press

Updated: July 17, 2008, 6:05 PM ET

IRVINE, Calif. -- Former mixed martial arts light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been hospitalized for a mental health evaluation.

Irvine police went to Jackson's home Wednesday after his friends told authorities they were "concerned about his behavior and some remarks he was making," Lt. Rick Handfield said Thursday.

"Officers spoke to him to evaluate whether he was a danger to himself or others," Handfield said. "He was detained and was taken to an area hospital for mental evaluation."

Handfield declined to elaborate, citing privacy restrictions.

Jackson was arrested Tuesday in Costa Mesa after a 3-mile chase that began as the result of two freeway collisions and another crash when he allegedly ran red lights in his 2008 Ford F250 pickup, police said.

During the chase, police said, Jackson drove over the raised median of the roadway, drove onto a sidewalk, causing pedestrians to flee, and a tire on his truck disintegrated before he taken into custody without incident.

Jackson was booked for investigation of felony evading, reckless driving and hit and run, and released on $25,000 bail.

After the arrest, police said they learned that Jackson may have been involved in two collisions on the freeway, which did not involve injuries.

Jackson lost his Ultimate Fighting Championship title July 5 in Las Vegas to Forrest Griffin in an unanimous decision.

UFC spokeswoman Jennifer Wenk in Las Vegas declined comment on the 30-year-old fighter's recent troubles.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:41 am

thesteelhammer wrote:Hit and Run

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aj51uoxCr8h56eIPYGYopbY9Eo14?slug=ki-071508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

not the kind of pup Dana White likes to see.

Yeah I saw this the other day. Dana bailed him out of jail but was hospitalized shortly after his close friends called the police saying that he wasn't right in the head. The police then sent him to a medical center saying he could be a risk to himself or others.

I have no idea whats wrong with him. The authorities believe alcohol or drugs weren't a factor in the hit and runs...

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Rampage seemed "wrong in the head" just before and while he fought Griffin. That is what I thought as I watched the pay-per-view. I thought he was acting strangely as he entered the ring and during the fight he was not aggressive. Seemed afraid, or something. I think he has a paranoia of some type, maybe schizophrenia. I love the guy and wish him well. I don't like his trainer very much, though.

Return to Other Sports Forum