Register

Board index » NFL Forum » The old coaches in AZ

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Grizzled Veteran

The old coaches in AZ

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm

They are taking that team places. That team is better than AZ has seen in over a decade. They have that D playing like wild dogs at home. And that's a start.

Got to give WIzonator and Grimey their due; they are making progress.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: The old coaches in AZ

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 pm

I'll give them credit that they have improved the team and D but they had a lot of bad Defensive breakdowns that nearly cost them the game.

Practice Squad

Postby SNW » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Not to mention, not calling a time out when a player could not get off the field, costing 5yds, but calling time out on a blocked FG.
Warner will not make it through the season if he keeps taking hits like he is, but what a tough SOB right now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Not to mention they play in the SOFT NFC west. Rams,Seahawks and 9ers. Tumbleweed Tech could win that division.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:25 pm

they beat dallas, i'd say they're at least not bad at the moment.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:25 am

El Nino wrote:they beat dallas, i'd say they're at least not bad at the moment.

At what point did Romo break his finger? His throws seemed to get really eratic at times as the game went on and I'm wondering if that was the reason.

Also, I'd give just about anything to make Marion Barber a Steeler. No disrespect to Willie, but I just think Barber would be an absolutely perfect fit for the current state of our offense. He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield for when we want run the spread and/or no-huddle, AND he's also perfectly capable (and willing) to run the power sets as well.

One of my fears is that we eventually make too large a commitment to the finesse game and lose sight of the ball-control offense that you have to have for January football in the north.

Of course, there's absolutely no chance of that happening...just an observation.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 am

I agree Crosby. Barber the BEAST would give us a physical pressence again. And like you no disrespect to willie but I'd take barber any day. In regards to the Cards beating Dallas. Thats means what? Atlanta beat the Bears, Cleveland beat the giants, the Rams beat the skins and the Giants beat the Past (sb 42). Thats the beauty of this league. But you have to look at the BODY OF WORK. In the Wisenhunt era they have hardly lived up to expectations. That team is TALENTED. Two top wrs, a quality veteran in Kurt Warner, good dbs, good O-line. Wisenhunt inherited a talented team but what have they done? Again, I'm a Wisenhunt fan but I need to see him get the best out of that talent before I start patting him on the back too much. I will say this, they are PHYSICAL. I love that!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:I agree Crosby. Barber the BEAST would give us a physical pressence again. And like you no disrespect to willie but I'd take barber any day. In regards to the Cards beating Dallas. Thats means what? Atlanta beat the Bears, Cleveland beat the giants, the Rams beat the skins and the Giants beat the Past (sb 42). Thats the beauty of this league. But you have to look at the BODY OF WORK. In the Wisenhunt era they have hardly lived up to expectations. That team is TALENTED. Two top wrs, a quality veteran in Kurt Warner, good dbs, good O-line. Wisenhunt inherited a talented team but what have they done? Again, I'm a Wisenhunt fan but I need to see him get the best out of that talent before I start patting him on the back too much. I will say this, they are PHYSICAL. I love that!

What has he done? He's been there a little over ONE season, for fucks sake. He's supposed to counter act 30 years of losing in a day? That team is on the right path and the signs are obvious. They destroy teams at home. That's the start. Then win half your road games, and your a play off team. They destroyed the previously undefeated Bills. And they beat the supposed most-talented Dallas team.

I guess if Wise doesn't win the super bowl in his first year, he sucks. :roll:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Who said he sucks. I am a Wiz fan but I am also a realist. They play in the weakest division in the NFL. Yes they beat Buffalo but do you REALLY think Buffalo is an ELITE team? Record aside, Buffalo is going nowhere in January. They also lost to the woeful Jets BIG. Who has whisenhunt drafted that has had an impact on his team? The guy inherited a LOADED team. The top contributors to the team were there before he got there. Whereas, Tomlin has added talent. Woodley, Sepulveda, Mewelde, Timmons etc. The jury is still out on this class. Tomlin coaches in a tougher division a tougher conference and has a better record than Whisenhunt AND won his division and took his team to the playoffs. Tomlin also inherited a team loaded with talent but the difference is that he took over a 8-8 team (no playoffs) and improved them to 10-6 (playoffs). The cards in that weak division should be a lock for the playoff but they arent. The Steelers have the toughest schedule since 1976, if the Cards played that same schedule they would be 4-12 or worse. Not saying Whisenhunt is a bad coach, I like him but for some reason our franchise Qb does not and thats good enough for me not to hire the guy. Worth noting Tomlin has more coach of the week honors than Whisenhunt and was also selected best looking head coach (sorry the wife made me throw that in) lol

Return to NFL Forum