Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Thank Goodness We Do Not Have Whisenhut/Grimm Coaching Us

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Seasoned Veteran

Thank Goodness We Do Not Have Whisenhut/Grimm Coaching Us

Postby steelwest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:39 pm

For those who did not see the Cardinals in action today, the coaching staff was a disgrace. While totally outmanning the Cowboys, the penalties, mental lapses, stupid game-calling, and other Cardinal mental errors gave the Cowboys repeated chances they never should have had. This culminated with a time-out being called on a blocked field goal at the end of regulation. It was totally absurd and was a lesson in how NOT to run a football team.

The Whiz et al. will be fired inside two years. You cannot run a team with the repeated errors they show and be successful. Let's all be happy we are not watching the Steelers under their leadership.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Thank Goodness We Do Not Have Whisenhut/Grimm Coaching Us

Postby Wooderson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Good call. They just beat a team they were 5 point dogs against. Dallas clearly has more talent. The Cards played HARD. Sure they had some mental mistakes, but you can't blame coaching for that. I'm rooting for Whiz. He's taken Stiller ball out west.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SnatchSacker » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Wooderson wrote:Good call. They just beat a team they were 5 point dogs against. Dallas clearly has more talent. The Cards played HARD. Sure they had some mental mistakes, but you can't blame coaching for that. I'm rooting for Whiz. He's taken Stiller ball out west.

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:25 pm

You know I'm not one to blame coaches. I like Wiz. I heard aikman and the crew getting on him for callign that timeout that almost lost the game but it all worked out. Props to Ex Steeler S. Morey for blocking that punt to win the game! I'm a wiz fan!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelmoney » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:26 pm

sean morey blocked the kick in OT

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Bellicheat is REALLY looking like a great coach w/o Brady isnt he? Its all about good players and good execution, the guy is not a great coach.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Bellicheat is REALLY looking like a great coach w/o Brady isnt he? Its all about good players and good execution, the guy is not a great coach.

no shit, if he's such a 'genius', an injury to brady would be just a minor setback. the pats have been bragging about having a superior system where they can just plug anyone in there and it'll work. obviously not, im loving the beating SD is laying into them

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelwest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 pm

It is not about the occasional win in a home game against a supposedly better opponent (remember they beat us last year). The issue is the ability to play high quality and consistent football without recurring penalties, mental mistakes, defensive lapses, and the like. These traits are the hallmark of the poor coach (see Shell, Art). You cannot overcome them in the long run.

Arizona made this the game of the year and, despite doing everything possible that bad teams do to lose a game, they somehow won. Big deal. If you watch them closely, they do not play smart and do not avoid stupid errors. Quality teams will take advantage of this in the long run.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby rick723 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:38 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Bellicheat is REALLY looking like a great coach w/o Brady isnt he? Its all about good players and good execution, the guy is not a great coach.

Brady got nothing to do with it. He can't steal the Defence signals till he gets a good hacker on his staff.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:11 am

BS, They were under a microscope last season. They could NOT cheat. They still went 18-1, the only difference is Brady

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Nittany Steel37 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 pm

AZ's so bad they're going to go to the playoffs. They routed a good Bills team and a surprising Phins squad. All that really matters playing a good team like Dallas is that they won. Really they won in similar fashion to the way we beat Jax (kind of dominated but still a back-and-forth game that was pulled out at the very end). Whiz is a good coach. That said, I'd still rather have Tomlin...although maybe not Bruce Arians. One good playcalling game does not a season make.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 am

I agree with the Wiz lovers on this one! Look at the Cardinals past, this is a miserable franchise, regardless of the small mistakes, Whiz is changing the culture of that team and making the "BIG" changes that are needed to produce a winning team. You can't hold this team up to the same standard that we hold our Steelers, at least not now. If he keeps this up, he will be reveared for turning this down trodden of a franchise into a winner, even if he never gets the small things right. My parents live in Phoenix, and I was at the game last year against the steelers, all you had to do was ask any of the Cardinals fans and they love Whiz and grimm. In fact, after the game, the fans were all heckling us about the steelers brass giving them a gift at coach. Now for us Steelers, Whiz wouldn't have been able to live up to our standards, IMHO.
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:52 am

Of course Wiz couldnt coach for us, Ben would have left-He hates the guy. I think he inherited a good team. Denny Green had the Cards in good shape (talent wise). Look at the roster, that team is loaded. Plus they are in the weak NFC West. They should get 6 wins in that division alone. I like the physicality of the cards though, every play is a train wreck.

Return to NFL Forum