Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Quarterback Rankings

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Seasoned Veteran

Quarterback Rankings

Postby BigE » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:20 am

I read a bull shit article today that was posted on foxsports.com by Senior writer and bull shiter Ed Thompson. Every week, this moron ranks the NFL quarterbacks and tells you who he thinks is the best quarterback right now. Here are his top 12 for last week.

1) Kurt Warner
2) Brett Favre
3) Jay Cutler
4) Tony Homo
5) Drew Brees
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Eli Manning
8) Donovan McNabb
9) Aaron Rodger
10) Jason Campbell
11) Chad Pennington
12) Ben Roethlisberger

What a total and utter disgrace of an analysis. To have Ben ranked 12th in this group is totally retarded and shows that Mr. Thompson does not value toughness or winning as an attribute to being a great quarterback. I know I should not care what the media thinks, but this totally pissed me off and proves once again that outside of Pittsburgh, the Stillers and their elite quarterback get no respect. But in the end, that's fine. The Stillers will have their say in January, while over half of these so called great quarterbacks are sitting on their asses watching the playoffs. Ed Thompson is a fucking idiot, and uses numbers such as total yards, yards on first down, completion percentage, touchdown passes. Not once does this asshole mention winning or toughness. Ben has one of the best completion percentages and quarterback ratings in the league. What an asshole!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Quarterback Rankings

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:23 pm

It does't matter to him anyway and as long as we win it doesn't mater what the so called experts think. We all know that not many other QBs can handle the hits that Ben takes and I know their arguement is that he should throw the ball away more but that would hurt us more because he does his best work scrambling. Watch him and the so called great ones when he is under pressure. He comes out looking down field for a target where as Brady, and Manning are looking for other tacklers and where to drop or where to get to to throw the ball away.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:49 am

Here we go again with the Ben is better than Brady or Manning. HOMERITIS. SIGH

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:25 pm

BigE wrote:I read a bull shit article today that was posted on foxsports.com by Senior writer and bull shiter Ed Thompson. Every week, this moron ranks the NFL quarterbacks and tells you who he thinks is the best quarterback right now. Here are his top 12 for last week.

1) Kurt Warner
2) Brett Favre
3) Jay Cutler
4) Tony Homo
5) Drew Brees
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Eli Manning
8) Donovan McNabb
9) Aaron Rodger
10) Jason Campbell
11) Chad Pennington
12) Ben Roethlisberger

What a total and utter disgrace of an analysis. To have Ben ranked 12th in this group is totally retarded and shows that Mr. Thompson does not value toughness or winning as an attribute to being a great quarterback. I know I should not care what the media thinks, but this totally pissed me off and proves once again that outside of Pittsburgh, the Stillers and their elite quarterback get no respect. But in the end, that's fine. The Stillers will have their say in January, while over half of these so called great quarterbacks are sitting on their asses watching the playoffs. Ed Thompson is a fucking idiot, and uses numbers such as total yards, yards on first down, completion percentage, touchdown passes. Not once does this asshole mention winning or toughness. Ben has one of the best completion percentages and quarterback ratings in the league. What an asshole!!!!

I wouldn't dwell too much on this list. It is a "who's hot" and who's not" list. According to the list Peyton Manning isn't in the top 12 at all. This completely takes any and all credibility away. The Stiller offense sucked ass in weeks 2, 3 and 4. It was only week 1 and week 5 when Ben showed his stuff. Terry Bradshaw wasn't "statistically" a great quarterback either but the guy has a handful of rings and that is all that really matters.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Even if it is a "who's hot" list, Kurt Warner shouldn't be No. 1. Drew Brees is by far the hottest QB in the league.

He's on pace to throw for close to 5,000 yards, and he's doing it without his No. 1 and 2 pass catching options. He also goes through all his progressions and gets ride of the ball quickly when he needs to. I've been able to watch his last 2 games: He was lights out this week, and even though he threw 3 picks last Monday against the Vikings, they weren't his fault -- 2 were drops/deflections that were picked and the last was on a hail mary.

Return to NFL Forum