Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Ocho Cinco's Challenge

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Stillers.com Team

Ocho Cinco's Challenge

Postby trenches » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Did anyone hear that Chad Johnson spoke out and he wants to take on Michael Phelps in the pool? Johnson said something to the effect that he was his pool champ while growing up. Phelps, uncoerced, mentioned that he wanted to take him on during an interview with ESPN.

Love or hate CJ, this is funny stuff. Also, Phelps rocks for jumping into the fray... who knows, maybe this turns into a charity event for the two.

:sudancin:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ocho Cinco's Challenge

Postby steelerette » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Yes, I heard about it. I saw the interview with Ocho Stinko on ESPN's PTI one day last week. It was really funny. I really hope Phelps takes on CJ, so we can all get another good laugh out of CJ making a fool out of himself again as I highly doubt CJ is U.S. Olympic Swim Team material. Image

I hope they play up the Bungals' player v. Ravens' fan aspect of it, too.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:55 am

Ocho is funny as hell, I kinda like the guy for that.

He also said there were a couple of his boys who could beat Phelps.

We'll not see a swim race, though, at least until the NFL season is over.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Nel wrote:We'll not see a swim race, though, at least until the NFL season is over.

Aw bummer. Although that makes sense, I was really looking forward to seeing Phelps being introduced for the meet wearing his stealth suit, and Ocho Stinko coming out in some baggy 'ol droopy drawer swim trunks and his yellow "Hall of Fame" jacket while grinning ear to ear and showing us his gold toof. :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:17 pm

I love me some Chad Johnson like I love me some T.O.

They are great athletes that both add a lil extra-curricular entertainment value to the sport. Granted, I think I like the two of them because they do what they do and are NOT on the Stillers. Otherwise, I'm not so sure I'd share the opinion... Maybe.

But if Ocho can out-run a horse (head start or not, dude is FAST) I'll play along with his "I can out-swim Phelps" blither blather.

Besides... We all knows he's not happy in Cincy. Why not let the dude have a lil fun since he's confined to a team like them thar Bungles? As long as he continues to NOT show up against the Stillers (If only we could find out how to shut down Houshmandzadeh), I don't care what he does. He cracks me up! :yes:

Return to NFL Forum