Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Ko Simpson(Buffalo Bills)

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Seasoned Veteran

Ko Simpson(Buffalo Bills)

Postby GCCSteel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:42 pm

There is a link on yahoo right now about his New Year's arrest. A large crowd was being broken up and dispersed by the police. Evidently, Ko thinks that he is above the law. He reportedly states, "I'm Ko Simpson with the Buffalo Bills." He then follows this up with a gem, "I am worth millions." Haha. This would be hilarious if he was yelling it at anyone but the cops. Actually, it is funny BECAUSE he was yelling at the cops now that I think of it. He made $445,000 last year, reportedly.

Here are my two problems with the situation. First, since when is it impressive to be a member of the Buffalo Bills? Seriously. Second, why do people with money think they are above the law. I will chalk this up to him being ridiculously plastered. After all, who doesn't find themselves yelling his name, company, and salary to the cops every once in a while? Bottom line, this shows the mentality I am sure many young, absurdly well paid kids initially have.

Practice Squad

Re: Ko Simpson(Buffalo Bills)

Postby KYSteelersFan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Second, why do people with money think they are above the law

Because in the world they live in they are. Look how many times the wealthy get off where you or I would get hammered. They can get the high dollar attorneys. Many times those attorneys intimidate the judges.

First, since when is it impressive to be a member of the Buffalo Bills?

I guess in Buffalo maybe?......

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Ko Simpson(Buffalo Bills)

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:34 pm

GCCSteel wrote:Second, why do people with money think they are above the law.

Third, have you ever lived in a big college town? These guys get treated like gods by boosters and the student body. They've got the system bending over to keep their golden geese laying eggs. Some programs try to develop these kids into "men," but a lot are only interested in the 4 years of talent they can squeeze out of them. After that, they're tossed on the trash heap unless they're among the few who make it to the pros.

Same goes for the fat cats. Until the stock market collapsed, the general consensus in this country was that if you're rich you're some sort of hard-working, insightful genius with money. Now people are starting to pay attention to the scams, schemes, and payoffs these guys have been using to amass those fortunes (not all mind you).

Return to NFL Forum