Register

Board index » NFL Forum » MVP talk

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Practice Squad

MVP talk

Postby Hughy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Anybody else getting pissed off at all the talking heads latest MVP predictions and talk.
If I hear any more about Drew Brees I am going to throw up. I mean good god this guy has to throw the ball 40 times a game because the aints have no running game and their defense puts them in come from behind or shoot out situations every game. They are not even a playoff bound team.
What about all this Albert Haynesworth talk? No defensive player has won since L.T. in 86 and I don't expect that to change Besides I don't even think he is the MVP of his own %$^#ing team. I mean if a pocket collapsing DT is the MVP why didn't fat Casey win one when he was on top of his game a couple of years ago?
In my opinion thus far I would have to say either Clinton Portis or Baby Manning. Portis is singlehandedly keeping Washington in contention. I mean you take him off that team and what do they have? The only passes that Cambell can complete come off a play action and it seems like about half the time portis rolls out and gets the pass thrown to him in a quick dumpoff or a screen. Only thing is if he can stay healthy the whole season.
Baby Manning is benefiting from a good line but he also is able to pick up the blitz and get rid of the ball quickly and accuratly to his hot reads. With the exception of the Clowns game he actually looks like a super bowl champ. He hasn't really had to lead the team to any late come from behind victories but that is due at least in part to his lack of INT's and good decision making.
What say you???

Stillers.com Team

Re: MVP talk

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Portis or Eli is probably right.

If it going to a defensive player then Harrison ought get serious consideration before Haynesworth.

Return to NFL Forum