Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Flag Football

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Grizzled Veteran

Flag Football

Postby deltadweller » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:29 pm

In an announcement from the NFL commisioner that comes as no suprise, "the NFL will become a Flag Football League starting next year."

"Linebacker LaMarr Woodley is the latest player to get fined by the NFL. Woodley was reportedly docked $10,000 for his sack of Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell, who was thrown to the ground and banged his head on the turf during the tackle."

Can we please play football Mr. Goodell? Or maybe you should go be commisioner of the MLS.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08312/92 ... eelers.xml

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Flag Football

Postby McLovin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Another play where there wasn't even a flag thrown. How about No Penalty No Fine! Starting fining the officials for missing these alleged illegal hits! Worse than the Woodley fine is that the PG said he's only 50/50 to play on Sunday. Manning hates pressure. McLovin can't imagine Peyton wants anything to do with 270pds of pissed off Woodley coming after him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Lake37 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:52 pm

That is outrageous!!! I can't believe a guy got fined for tackling somebody too hard. I guess Goddell thinks he is supposed to take him down nice and gently. Maybe if he would watch a tape of Super Bowl XLII he would see what happens when you don't bring down a quarterback when you have the chance...you get burned.

They should start fining quarterbacks for fighting back too hard when guys try to sack them.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Thats really embarrassing to hear. I can't believe they are still dealing out these sissy fines. Did anyone see the one Justin Tuck got fined for this week? He braced himself before landing completely on the QB. He held up!!!! He didn't put his entire body into him yet he still got fined. This is just sad. :suahhbs:

Return to NFL Forum