Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Hines Ward > Keith Rivers

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Hines Ward > Keith Rivers

Postby GCCSteel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Does he get fined for a third straight week for this hit? He always makes these hits on LBs and fans always complain. The Bengals (Fans) seem to feel this hit was dirty. I was always of the opinion that he gets these hits when the LB is caught actively pursuing, hence, no cheap shot. I missed the hit and only saw one brief replay of it. Hines is in the crosshairs of the NFL and he ended Rivers rookie season today. What do you feel about this hit and whether it is legal, illegal, or how much he will get fined?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Hines Ward > Keith Rivers

Postby indysteel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:06 pm

If Hine's hit is deemed illegal then Benson's trucking of Troy P. should be deemed illegal as well.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GCCSteel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:24 pm

I don't think you are being serious, but just in case...

Benson was carrying the ball. He is allowed to lead with his helmet. Hines was blocking. 2 entirely separate situations. In fact, Troy P. led with his helmet on that tackle, but Benson kinda fell into it. I don't agree with a Hines Ward fine, I just see it coming.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 pm

even though it was a clean hit, as fine-happy as the league is this year, i won't be surprised if he gets fined. maybe at this rate he should change his name to fined ward :P

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:10 pm

No I'm not serious and understand the difference you stated.

My point is they are playing football...both plays, IMO, are justified and OK and part of the game.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelmoney » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:22 pm

Hines broke his jaw

damn!

Practice Squad

Postby deathwind » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 pm

i would bet hines' wallet says " bad mutha fucker"

Practice Squad

Postby d_iris » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 am

completely legal hit. rivers was going for the tackle. i don't understand how somebody can call it a cheap shot... just because the linebacker didn't see ward??? if hines gets fined, it's personal and not about "player safety". i guess these idiot bunghole fans wanted hines to warn rivers before he hit him...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:46 am

As of yesterday afternoon Hines became my new all-time favorite Stiller. Two straight weeks he was fined yet he still brought it. That big hit on Rivers was the key play in the opening drive and set the tone for rest of the day. Nobody in NFL history has ever played WR like our beloved Hines Ward. Hines Ward is one nasty individual.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 am

Love that hit. If he gets fined for it they should pass the hat. Wss a perfectly legal play and Rivers is done for the year. Rookies don't always know to keep their heads on a swivel when playing our receivers :yes:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby dukemcfister » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 am

Hines better be ready to waft out another 15K to the Admiral's Rear Guard for that ass thwacking of Rivers. that dude saw the friggin' Piksburgh Aviary a buzzin thru his head after that one. Shit, I silled a whole tray of pork and sauerkraut on my lap watching that hit. What a beuatiful lay out...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:11 am

Rivers got Knocked Da Fuk Out!!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:21 am

It seems player that Hines is laying out lately are giving up on a play before its over. Rivers just kind of jogging with his head down and Hines buckled him. Rivers is the one who should be fined for being a lazy rookie not paying attention. That said, McLovin hopes Hines plays the rest of year with his head on a swivel. He's going to be a marked man with this string of highlight hits and fines.

Practice Squad

Postby SNW » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Should get, nothing, clean hit, but ouch.
Fined, for sure.
Suspended, very good chance. (Probably the Dallas game, to offset Pac man.)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Snockered Pedestrian » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:29 pm

He came. He saw. He kicked his..........

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Bengals fans at work were so whining about this today.
Calling it a legal but cheap shot.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:36 pm

After watching a video of the play on Monday, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis didn't take issue with the rattling block.

"There was not a foul," Lewis said. "There were no flags thrown."

I think this says enough. He'll still get fined and or suspended. Can we get some real "football" people in the league office please?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654266

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Hines is a Man! But he better watch his back, the word is getting out and they will be out to get him

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Nothing dirty about Ward's rugged play
by Ron Cook

So the Cincinnati Bengals want a piece of Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward when the teams play again Nov. 20?

Please.

They had better get in line.

It is a very long line.

Baltimore Rats safety Rod Woodson threatened to get even with Ward after his nose was bloodied by a Ward block in 2001. Rats linebacker Bart Scott threatened to kill Ward after he was flattened by a Ward hit in '07. Cleveland Browns cornerback Daven Holly called the Ward block that left him with a concussion last season "a heinous act." Rats cornerback Chris McAllister used a vulgar term to describe Ward in '04 for no other reason than, well, Ward is Ward.

Now, along come the Bengals after Ward's hard-but-clean block knocked rookie linebacker Keith Rivers out for the season with a broken jaw Sunday.

"Too bad he can't hit someone face up," Bengals safety Chinedum Ndukwe said. "It's the type of guy he is. He's a blind-side guy. That's all right. We play them again."

That didn't bother Ward in the slightest. "They all hate me in the division," he said yesterday. "I don't worry about someone trying to take me out. I don't even think about it. I know they're going to try to hit me hard any chance they get. That's why I always try to hit them hard first.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UKBlackNGold » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Wards block was clean, real clean!

If Rivers had been running, balls out to the tackle like he should have been, it would never have happened.

The block by a former Cincy U team mate on Arnold Harrison, that sent him to the locker room unable to hardly move during the Rat game, was a lot worse, and nothing was said about that!!

Go Steelers!!

Screw the Bungholes, screw all the pussies!

Next

Return to Stillers Talk