Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » no sacks!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

no sacks!

Postby darthsteel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:40 pm

31 dropbacks and zero sacks..
good job by the offense as a whole keeping ben and byron uprite!

looks as if thier evolving with the short drop backs, no huddle, max protect ect....I hope they stick with this when parker comes back.

Stillers.com Team

Re: no sacks!

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:43 pm

I want to believe the team is improving, but it was the bengals.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:04 pm

I was expecting a let down in this game....will take win, even if it is against the Bengals.

Actually, we get to find out alot about this team next week.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:22 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:I want to believe the team is improving, but it was the bengals.

true, but a sackless performance is good for the o-line's confidence. i'll take it.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 am

They still run that shitty little shitgun with no RB formation way too much for my liking. That'll get Ben killed against teams with any kind of pass rush.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:53 am

Lets not confuse the Bengirls with the '85 Bears. The Giants under Steve Spagnola run the pressure defense that Jim Johnson unleashed on the OL a few weeks back. The Giants are not as formidable as their Super Bowl defense that got to Brady with Strahan retired and Uminyora out, but Justin Tuck is a beast. Giants are MUCH better than the Bengirls and will be a true test to see the OL has improved and if Arians has learned from play calling errors in the Philly game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:23 am

McLovin wrote:Lets not confuse the Bengirls with the '85 Bears. The Giants under Steve Spagnola run the pressure defense that Jim Johnson unleashed on the OL a few weeks back. The Giants are not as formidable as their Super Bowl defense that got to Brady with Strahan retired and Uminyora out, but Justin Tuck is a beast. Giants are MUCH better than the Bengirls and will be a true test to see the OL has improved and if Arians has learned from play calling errors in the Philly game.

It'll definitely be a test still, the giants defense is good. I for one am glad that strahan retired and we don't have to face him anymore though, that guy is a gamebreaker.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:03 pm

darthsteel wrote:31 dropbacks and zero sacks..
good job by the offense as a whole keeping ben and byron uprite!

Ben probably doesn't know what to do with himself since he wasn't hittin' the turf all day. :lol: It was nice not having him sacked. :yes:

Return to Stillers Talk