Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Parker and the hole

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Parker and the hole

Postby BigE » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 pm

"Fast" Willie Parker will probably not be fast and miss Sunday's game in Cincy because of a reaggravation to his injured knee. Apparently, on an NFL caliber practice field, Parker stepped into a hole in the field and reinjured himself. Not only is Heinz Field a piece of shit (especially after Pitt and the 100 high school games are played there), but our practice field is also a piece of shit. So now, not only do we still have natural grass at Heinz (we have a team with speed now, not power on offense), but our practice field needs worked on. There is no excuse for a practice field "were talking about practice", to quote the great Allen Iverson, to have a (from what i heard) pretty sizeable hole in it. This is bullshit.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Parker and the hole

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Do the steelers do ANYTHING right? You dont even know if it was a hole a divet etc Blah Blah Blah. Go be a Bengals fan then if pittsburgh is so terrible.GEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:58 pm

knee sprains can lead to much more serious injuries and honestly getting him back on the field in 3 weeks is maybe being a little too optimistic (even a grade I sprain which is the least serious type can take up to 4-5 weeks to completely heal). that injury should be allowed more time to heal. Let's hope it's not reaggravated too badly, as recurring sprains could easily equal permanent damage.

Stillers.com Team

Big E...

Postby Still Diesel » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 am

Come on Big E. A novice football fan knows the team NEVER practices at the stadium. The Steelers practice facility on the southside is new and I doubt it is torn up like Heinz Field. Also, Willie was working out on his own so who knows if that was at the facility or not.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:59 am

The practice facility is indoors and has relatively new field turf. I think the kind the Ravens have.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Stillustronic wrote:The practice facility is indoors and has relatively new field turf. I think the kind the Ravens have.

Wouldn't it be nice if Heinz did? :sucrutches:

Practice Squad

Postby bdl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:25 pm

I work on occasion down by the practice facility....they have an outdoor field they use primarily...taking it indoor when the weather is shitty....both look to be in better shape than Heinz in November...freak accident...

Practice Squad

Postby Steel Keeper » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Wait, what!?! You are saying there is a slight imperfection on a grass field in Pittsburgh that is used 4+ times a week by heavy, fast men. You have to be a worthless groundskeeper that could ever allow any part of a field ever to be disrupted. Who cares if the hole was created by a 350# o-lineman digging in on a block, nope, the Steelers are an awful organization. The groundskeeper should have been out on the field within 5 seconds of every hole being created.

relax people life is imperfect

Return to Stillers Talk