Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Power Rankings (week 7)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Power Rankings (week 7)

Postby trenches » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Power Rankings (week 7) has been posted by Steel Haven at Stillers.com.

Stillers.com Team

Re: New Article: Power Rankings (week 7)

Postby Nel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:31 pm

How sweet to see the Patriots at #15 and Stillers at #2.

<grin>

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: New Article: Power Rankings (week 7)

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:10 pm

This isn't done with much depth of thought. TN is not the best team in the NFL, even though they haven't lost yet. Who have they beat?

Jax (no winning record), Hous (losing record), MN, Balt and Cinci. Sure, undefeated, but gimmee a break. They haven't played anybody. Jax, and MN and Balt. aren't horrible teams but they don't even have winning records, so how good are they? Cinci and Houston are awful. TN will lose as soon as they starting playing decent teams. Let's see how high they rank in the power rankings after they play Indy (twice), Pgh, Chicago, GB, etc. They are a good team but won't be near the top when the dust settles.

Pgh @ #2? No. They are no where near the 2nd best team. Who has Pgh beat? Jags are decent but missing their starting center and BOTH OGs and have crap at WR. A gutty win, but not like they beat a truly top team. Jax is what, 3-3? Pgh beat Hous., Cle., Balt., Jax. And the best team they played is only 3-3 as well, and they lost decisively to the Eagles. They kept the score close, but, let's face it, the Eagles D abused Pgh like a little bitch. How other teams could move up and down the field on that team is beyond me. Maybe the ones who beat them had decent o-lines, I guess. Pgh won't be any where near #2 in a month. I am basing that on a little thing known as reality. If they do beat most of the good teams they face, then, of course, they will deserve to be this high.

NYG may have lost to the Browns, but they are still one of the best teams in the NFL. It happens. CLE came in pissed and NY came in sleepy. Best bet in sports is to take the underdog at home on MNF. And it worked, once again.

I think Dallas is in trouble. Not just b/c Romo broke his pinky, as I think Brad Johnson could be an upgrade at this point, b/c Romo is trying for the quick score too often, but b/c TO is starting to freak out and their chemistry is not quite there with so many distractions, etc. Some how, the parts are not adding up to their. They are loaded with talent, but that talent is not on the same page.

1. 2. Tennessee Titans 5-0 Only remaining undefeated sits atop the poll by default.
2. 3. Pittsburgh Steelers 4-1 Sat and rested on one of the wildest football weekends in recent memory. On Saturday 3 of the top 5 NCAA Bowl subdivision teams lost. And Alabama didn't even play. The results moved my alma mater Penn State up to number 3. There were 5 games on Sunday decided in the final 10 seconds. Then the defending champions that had previously looked unbeatable went out and laid an egg in Cleveland of all places on Monday night. An interesting weekend of football to say the least.
3. 1. New York Giants 4-1 Road winning streak ended at 11. Probably deserve a mulligan, although Manning the younger can not make a habit of turning the ball over.
4. 10. Indianapolis Colts 3-2 Manning the elder finally looks healthy and comfortable.
5. 12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-2 Defense and special teams dominated. Garcia protected the ball. A tough combination to beat.
6. 9. Buffalo Bills 4-1 Had an enjoyable bye watching divisional rival New England get manhandled in San Diego in prime time.
7. 4. Washington Redskins 4-2 After a pair of big division wins fell hard to the winless Rams in a trap game.
8. 6. Carolina Panthers 4-2 Steamrolled in Tampa. It happens. Upcoming visit from New Orleans and the explosive Brees will be an important test.
9. 5. Dallas Cowboys

Return to Stillers Talk