Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Willie Aggravates Knee again and doesnt practice today.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Willie Aggravates Knee again and doesnt practice today.

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:37 pm

UGH/ We will see what Mewelde can do.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Willie Aggravates Knee again and doesnt practice today.

Postby Steeledge » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:UGH/ We will see what Mewelde can do.

Welde * 100% > Willie * 75% anyway, IMHO...

(that's a "greater than" sign in that equation, for you mathematically challenged types... ;) )
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Off my fantasy roster goes FWP. Enter newly added Lendale White

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:45 pm

lloydrules wrote:

Great heads-up - Thanks!

I've got Willie in 2 leagues. I think I'll "rest" him another week or so.
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Steeledge wrote:
lloydrules wrote:

Great heads-up - Thanks!

I've got Willie in 2 leagues. I think I'll "rest" him another week or so.

I should have said, "Off my starting line up" he goes. Of course, he is not off the roster. I picked up Lendale White in free agency. He splits carries with Johnson, but they have playing KC this week, who has the worst rushing D in the league. :sudancin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Lake37 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:03 pm

[/quote] I should have said, "Off my starting line up" he goes. Of course, he is not off the roster. I picked up Lendale White in free agency. He splits carries with Johnson, but they have playing KC this week, who has the worst rushing D in the league. :sudancin:[/quote]

I have Lendale in a TD league and he's already got 5 this year. So hopefully that pickup should workout for ya.

Tough break for Willie, maybe one more solid week of Mewelde will remove all doubt to the coaching staff what he can do, so when Willie does come back he remains a part of the offense.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm

I think the coaching staff (notably Tomlin) know full well what he can do. If not for Tomlin lobbying for him (saw what he could do while in Minnesota) he would not be a Steeler. I think they were kind of handcuffed with Wille, 1st round pick in Mendenhall so there really was no room for Mewelde EXCEPT 3rd down back. Now that we have injuries to #1 and #2, he will get his chance. But its not a situation where the coaches didnt know his talent it was a case of who do you sit- Pro Bowl Willie or 1st rounder Mendenhall and they chose to sit Mewelde and how can you blame them?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Lake37 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Scalaid...I agree that Tomlin (and coaching staff) and others obviously knew the talent that Mewelde Moore had. I guess what I was trying to say was that they would start to use his talent more frequently, on third downs and other situations he has accelled at. Though I do understand your point that they were in a tough spot having Fast Willie and Mendenhall coming off the bench, you simply cant afford to play Mewelde over Mendy.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 pm

Gotcha. Good points and I agree.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:56 pm

bad news, but allow willie to rest until he's definitely ready to go. we don't want him going down to injury late in the season, we need him fresh going into the playoffs

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Shouldn't the Steelers be able to handle Cinci without Fragile Willie? Get a healthy Fast Willie back for the tough stretch against the Cowboys, Giants, Chargers etc.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:28 pm

McLovin wrote:Shouldn't the Steelers be able to handle Cinci without Fragile Willie? Get a healthy Fast Willie back for the tough stretch against the Cowboys, Giants, Chargers etc.

When you start making comments like that, you end up getting beat. EVERY and I mean EVERY, team in the NFL is dangerous. If you dont have this mentality your in error.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:39 am

Scalaid6 wrote:
McLovin wrote:Shouldn't the Steelers be able to handle Cinci without Fragile Willie? Get a healthy Fast Willie back for the tough stretch against the Cowboys, Giants, Chargers etc.

When you start making comments like that, you end up getting beat. EVERY and I mean EVERY, team in the NFL is dangerous. If you dont have this mentality your in error.

judging by moore's performance so far, i'd feel comfortable with sitting parker for another week. knee sprains are no joke, and if he reaggravates it badly enough, we can look for him to be out most of the season, if not all. these things need time to heal fully. I'm confident in moore and davenport to carry the rock for another week if it means parker is back healthy next week. Putting him back in now, and for sure that injury will linger into the playoffs, or he will be injured again in 1-3 weeks

Return to Stillers Talk