Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Not a powerpoll, well sort of. week 6

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Not a powerpoll, well sort of. week 6

Postby SNW » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:10 am

AFC
Titans 5-0 Bye, could you believe Dec 21st for home field?

Steelers 4-1 Bye
Bills 4-1 Bye

Broncos 4-2

Colts 3-2
Patriots 3-2 Think Holmes’s mouth is watering after the SD game.
Jets 3-2

Jaguars 3-3
Chargers 3-3 Up 30-3 with under 8 min. and LT catches a pass from Rivers? Norv?

Ravens 2-3
Browns 2-3 If last night did not give the Steelers a wakeup call, nothing will.
Dolphins 2-3

Raiders 1-4
Chiefs 1-4 Bye
Texans 1-4

Bengals 0-6 I was pulling for them, a win gets the Steelers attention.

NFC
Giants 4-1 The NFC does not look as powerful as they did just a few hours ago.

Redskins 4-2 Get this spot until they lose, Nov 3rd.
Cowboys 4-2 The Rams could surprise, not really. TB then the Giants, w/o Romo.
Panthers 4-2
Buccaneers 4-2
Cardinals 4-2 Warner looks pretty good.
Falcons 4-2

Bears 3-3
Packers 3-3
Eagles 3-3
Vikings 3-3 Detroit gave them all they could handle.
Saints 3-3

49ers 2-4

Seahawks 1-4
Rams 1-4

Lions 0-5

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Not a powerpoll, well sort of. week 6

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 am

Eli and the Giants looked asleep during that game. The Brownies played their best game of the season and McLovin' thinks they'd better continue to play that way if Romeo wants to keep his job. Josh McDaniels of the Patsies is in line for that job. He runs the Charlie Weiss offense that Brady Quinn excelled in at ND. Ok just making that up out of boredom but makes some sense. By the way did anybody catch McDaniels totally going off on Belicheat walking to the locker room at half time...awesome

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 pm

were 2 1/2 games ahead of browns with similar schedules one third of the way through the season. which team is better equipped to weather this storm?????

we will win our division hands down. weve already clinched it. unless we lose every game from here on out.

I predict we hit the halfway mark at 7-1

we beat the bungholes

then we beat the giant chokers

then we beat the portis potties

the only game we lost we were in till the end and lost only by six......and if we would have went no huddle we would have won that game handily and been unbeaten.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:37 pm

everyone is very beatable on our shedule if we avoid the injury bug!

hopefully this yr we got our injuries out of the way and we have a relatively injury free rest of the season, we are do since the last few yrs have been loaded with injury problems...

cowboys look to be the big problem when they hit pitt late with 2 of the best recievers in the leage paired up now... but there is no reason the stillers cant go 12-4 and have the road to the sb go through pitt as I think they know thier limitations with the oline and will slowlybuild the gameplan around what works well (hurry up, no huddle, max protect ect...).

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:55 am

darthsteel wrote:everyone is very beatable on our shedule if we avoid the injury bug!

hopefully this yr we got our injuries out of the way and we have a relatively injury free rest of the season, we are do since the last few yrs have been loaded with injury problems...

cowboys look to be the big problem when they hit pitt late with 2 of the best recievers in the leage paired up now... but there is no reason the stillers cant go 12-4 and have the road to the sb go through pitt as I think they know thier limitations with the oline and will slowlybuild the gameplan around what works well (hurry up, no huddle, max protect ect...).

Both the Cowboys and the Chargers have the most talented teams on paper. But both have been hit just as the Steelers have by injuries. Dallas is without Romo, Felix Jones, and Terrance Neuman, and the Chargers going it without Merriman and an injured LT and Gates. Both of these teams along with the Giants are going to be physical games and a real test of how tough the Steelers really are. Talk about physical backs they don't come any tougher than Brandon Jacobs and Marion Barber. McLovin's hope is that T.O causes some problems now that he will be getting the ball even less with Roy Williams on board. Again its only on paper, but the Dallas offense looks to be incredible if Owens, Witten, and Williams all mesh with Romo before the playoffs start.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:the only game we lost we were in till the end and lost only by six......

...uuummmm....
Eagles 15, Steelers 6 :? (that's 9 points there, skippy, or in other words at least two scores)

Hi5Steeler wrote:...and if we would have went no huddle we would have won that game handily and been unbeaten.

No guarantees of that, either.

I love the Steelers, bro, but the picture from that game was bleaker than you painted it.

I'm just really glad that we were effectively able to shake it off in the next two... :subngtowl:
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:58 pm

darthsteel wrote:...I think they know thier limitations with the oline and will slowlybuild the gameplan around what works well (hurry up, no huddle, max protect ect...).

Please, from your keyboard to Arians' head... :sutimebomb:

I dare to dream that he will get it, but I won't hold my breath!
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:were 2 1/2 games ahead of browns with similar schedules one third of the way through the season. which team is better equipped to weather this storm?????

we will win our division hands down. weve already clinched it. unless we lose every game from here on out.

I predict we hit the halfway mark at 7-1

we beat the bungholes

then we beat the giant chokers

then we beat the portis potties

the only game we lost we were in till the end and lost only by six......and if we would have went no huddle we would have won that game handily and been unbeaten.

HIV AID sore once again making the moronic claim that we win every game. Never learns. Just keeps living life as moron.

Return to Stillers Talk