Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I say again: I'd rather have Duane Brown and Langford

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: I say again: I'd rather have Duane Brown and Langford

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Our Line is fine. But what I do see as a problem is the lack of physical play. Kemo is the only guy on the O-Line that I see with some FIRE. That needs to be addressed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:04 pm

McLovin' kind of wishes this topic would go away. There are so many players the Steelers and all teams look back and wish they would've taken. McLovin wonders how Steelers reached for notoriously lazy Freddy Gibson in round 4 in 2005 when Chris Canty 6'7 the ideal size 3-4 DL from UVA went to the Cowboys next pick and has started every game since. True he had eye injury but was cleared by doctors. Especially annoying was we took Heath in 1st rd from UVA surely scouts saw Canty play. How did the Steelers miss Marques Colston while scouting Willie Colon over there at Hofstra...why not Dan Marino? Why Eric Green instead of Emmitt Smith?

Lloyd's point was that Brown should've been the Steelers first round pick. Facts are Brown wasn't rated as a first round pick by anybody with any credibility. Charlie Casserly formerly GM of the Texans was stunned by the Texans taking him in the first round saying the team planned to take him in the second round but when the run on tackles hit they reached for him. Even Thomas Dimitroff of the Falcons admitted to hoping to get Sam Baker in round 2 but felt the needed to trade into the first round to take a talent he had confessed to having a second round grade on. To say McLovin has access to Colbert's player rankings is as dumb as Lloyd saying the Rooneys take all players from the Pittsburgh area. But guaranteed Colbert did not have Duane Brown rated as a first round prospect and to pass on other players such as Mendy who had a first round grade would've been well...DUMB.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:12 pm

Anyone catch the Texans game against Miami this past weekend? If you did then you saw Duane Brown get ABUSED time and time again. The Texans are 1-4, can't run the ball and have QB protection issues. But Duane Brown was going to unseat Marvel Smith or Willie Colon. Get fucking real.

Duane Brown is closer to being a 1st round bust than an answer to our line problems.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 pm

catesinator wrote:Anyone catch the Texans game against Miami this past weekend? If you did then you saw Duane Brown get ABUSED time and time again. The Texans are 1-4, can't run the ball and have QB protection issues. But Duane Brown was going to unseat Marvel Smith or Willie Colon. Get fucking real.

Duane Brown is closer to being a 1st round bust than an answer to our line problems.

He would have played RT with Pgh, not LT. But don't bother getting the facts straight. Wake the fuck up. And if you don't think he could beat out Colon, stop smoking meth. Oh, in case you missed it, Miami's front 7 has been abusing a lot of OLines the last 3 weeks, including highly touted NE and SD's lines.

Gee, there, wet fart, welcome to the real world, you tard. :geek:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:50 pm

lloydrules wrote:
catesinator wrote:. But don't bother getting the facts straight. Wake the fuck up. :

If anybody needs to wake up Lloyd its you. Brown was NEVER going to be drafted by the Steelers period. Colbert said he took the highest rated player on his board and that was Rashard Mendenhall. Talk about not having their facts right? According to Lloyd, "The Rooney's don't pass up players from Pittsburgh." There isn't a single player on the roster born in Pittsburgh..DUH!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:50 pm

McLovin wrote:McLovin' kind of wishes this topic would go away. There are so many players the Steelers and all teams look back and wish they would've taken. McLovin wonders how Steelers reached for notoriously lazy Freddy Gibson in round 4 in 2005 when Chris Canty 6'7 the ideal size 3-4 DL from UVA went to the Cowboys next pick and has started every game since. True he had eye injury but was cleared by doctors. Especially annoying was we took Heath in 1st rd from UVA surely scouts saw Canty play. How did the Steelers miss Marques Colston while scouting Willie Colon over there at Hofstra...why not Dan Marino? Why Eric Green instead of Emmitt Smith?

Lloyd's point was that Brown should've been the Steelers first round pick. Facts are Brown wasn't rated as a first round pick by anybody with any credibility. Charlie Casserly formerly GM of the Texans was stunned by the Texans taking him in the first round saying the team planned to take him in the second round but when the run on tackles hit they reached for him. Even Thomas Dimitroff of the Falcons admitted to hoping to get Sam Baker in round 2 but felt the needed to trade into the first round to take a talent he had confessed to having a second round grade on. To say McLovin has access to Colbert's player rankings is as dumb as Lloyd saying the Rooneys take all players from the Pittsburgh area. But guaranteed Colbert did not have Duane Brown rated as a first round prospect and to pass on other players such as Mendy who had a first round grade would've been well...DUMB.

Now that is an EXCELLENT POST! Props

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:26 pm

McLovin wrote:
lloydrules wrote:
catesinator wrote:. But don't bother getting the facts straight. Wake the fuck up. :

If anybody needs to wake up Lloyd its you. Brown was NEVER going to be drafted by the Steelers period. Colbert said he took the highest rated player on his board and that was Rashard Mendenhall. Talk about not having their facts right? According to Lloyd, "The Rooney's don't pass up players from Pittsburgh." There isn't a single player on the roster born in Pittsburgh..DUH!

They always bring in free agents from WPA. ALWAYS. If they can't rip them off with a low ball offer, they move on. Where was Charlie Batch from?

Colbert sure is brilliant with the draft picks he has used on our OL, right? It was pure genius to hand Starks $8 million but he's not even a starter. Brilliant shit there.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Its a mistake. Many teams management make MANY. You act like the brass have to be perfect, they are not. Their track record speaks for itself and your complaining about the starks situation? Its a blip on the radar sir. Whats the old addage? Sometimes peanuts sometimes shells.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Its a mistake. Many teams management make MANY. You act like the brass have to be perfect, they are not. Their track record speaks for itself and your complaining about the starks situation? Its a blip on the radar sir. Whats the old addage? Sometimes peanuts sometimes shells.

Any major mistake made in a "got a shot year" is not to be down played. What does the average back up ROT make in the NFL. Average BACK UP RIGHT OT? Less a million. Let's get nuts and say 1 million. Now, that's $7 million of cap space they COULD have had. What was in the market at that time that COULD have been signed for $7 million?

Keep in mind that the Steelers used their first picks on a HB, WR, LB. Pgh COULD have had any of the following OR COMBINATION of the following players had they not FUCKED UP the Starks situation.

Mike Turner
Ernest Wilford
Julius Jones
Michael Pitman
Dominic Rhodes
Bernard Berrian

And all these O-line man

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab-set-1:tab-ol

I don't expect our front office to be perfect. But I expect them to be better than blowing $8 million of cap space in a year where there is a chance of winning a ring.

And I am sick and tired of this team constantly drafting players who do NOTHING in the first year. Why is it that other teams find players who contribute immediately? But these tards can't do it to save their lives.

1 Jake Long T Michigan Miami Dolphins - playing, starting
2 Chris Long DE Virginia St. Louis Rams - playing, starting
3 Matt Ryan QB Boston College Atlanta Falcons - starting
4 Darren McFadden RB Arkansas Oakland Raiders - playing
5 Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State Kansas City Chiefs, starting
6 Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State New York Jets, starting
7 Sedrick Ellis DT USC New Orleans Saints, starting
8 Derrick Harvey DE Florida Jacksonville Jaguars, playing
9 Keith Rivers OLB USC Cincinnati Bengals
10 Jerod Mayo OLB Tennessee New England Patriots, starting
11 Leodis McKelvin CB Troy State Buffalo Bills, starting
12 Ryan Clady T Boise State Denver Broncos, starting
13 Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon Carolina Panthers, playing
14 Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt Chicago Bears
15 Branden Albert G Virginia Kansas City Chiefs, starting
16 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State Arizona Cardinals
17 Gosder Cherilus T Boston College Detroit Lions
18 Joe Flacco QB Delaware Baltimore Ravens, starting
19 Jeff Otah T Pittsburgh Carolina, starting
20 Aqib Talib CB Kansas Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21 Sam Baker T USC Atlanta Falcons, starting
22 Felix Jones RB Arkansas Dallas Cowboys, playing
23 Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois Pittsburgh Steelers, out for season
24 Chris Johnson RB East Carolina Tennessee Titans, playing
25 Mike Jenkins CB South Florida Dallas Cowboys, playing
26 Duane Brown T Virginia Tech Houston Texans, starting
27 Antoine Cason CB Arizona San Diego Chargers
28 Lawrence Jackson DE USC Seattle Seahawks
29 Kentwan Balmer DE North Carolina San Francisco 49ers
30 Dustin Keller TE Purdue New York Jets
31 Kenny Phillips FS Miami (Fla.) New York Giants, playing

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:08 am

Has any of those teams been successful in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's? I rest my case. You would be the TARD for wasting your time bashing a successful franchise like the Steelers.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:55 am

Scalaid6 wrote:Has any of those teams been successful in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's? I rest my case. You would be the TARD for wasting your time bashing a successful franchise like the Steelers.

You call ZERO rings for almost 30 years a successful period? Wow. I wish you were my professor; I could score 60% on my exams and you'd give me an "A" every time. Awesome.

Do you call what Pgh did in the 80s "successful?" Really?

You really are simple. I bet if you owned a nice Mercedes CL63 AGC class, and it had a nasty scratch and dirty wheels, you'd ignore the imperfections citing it was still a nice car. That's illogical, but that's how you mentally compartmentalize the Steelers. That's dumb. You ignore mistakes and claim since their is success than to ignore blatant areas that could be improved

Practice Squad

Postby SteelThrillsseeker » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:32 pm

lloydrules PLEASE>>>> shut the fuck up and sit down.

If you never post here again I'm sure most people would be ok with that. You are ignorant, and your pathetic scrambling is so pussified, I award you no points and would like my two minutes back that i wasted reading your pathetic thread.

Please, for everyones sake just shut the fuck up.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:56 pm

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:lloydrules PLEASE>>>> shut the fuck up and sit down.

If you never post here again I'm sure most people would be ok with that. You are ignorant, and your pathetic scrambling is so pussified, I award you no points and would like my two minutes back that i wasted reading your pathetic thread.

You are hijacking the thread, SteelThrillsseeker.

Try to post something relevant to the topic or to NFL football.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:34 pm

lloydrules wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:Has any of those teams been successful in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's? I rest my case. You would be the TARD for wasting your time bashing a successful franchise like the Steelers.

You call ZERO rings for almost 30 years a successful period? Wow. I wish you were my professor; I could score 60% on my exams and you'd give me an "A" every time. Awesome.

Do you call what Pgh did in the 80s "successful?" Really?

You really are simple. I bet if you owned a nice Mercedes CL63 AGC class, and it had a nasty scratch and dirty wheels, you'd ignore the imperfections citing it was still a nice car. That's illogical, but that's how you mentally compartmentalize the Steelers. That's dumb. You ignore mistakes and claim since their is success than to ignore blatant areas that could be improved

Steelers won a SB in the 80's (rams) DUMDUM and I do call that successful. My point is,for the most part we are ALWAYS in it. I dont drive a benz I drive a 07 Escalade- hence the name SCALAID6 (my 6th escalade I've owned)

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:55 pm

lloydrules wrote:
catesinator wrote:Anyone catch the Texans game against Miami this past weekend? If you did then you saw Duane Brown get ABUSED time and time again. The Texans are 1-4, can't run the ball and have QB protection issues. But Duane Brown was going to unseat Marvel Smith or Willie Colon. Get fucking real.

He would have played RT with Pgh, not LT. But don't bother getting the facts straight. Wake the fuck up. And if you don't think he could beat out Colon, stop smoking meth. Oh, in case you missed it, Miami's front 7 has been abusing a lot of OLines the last 3 weeks, including highly touted NE and SD's lines.

Name the last rookie to start for the Steelers that didn't get his job due to injury. The answer is Kendrell Bell which was 7 years ago. Duane Brown would not have beaten out Willie Colon for the starting job. This is a fact. If Duane Brown was starting the Steelers would not have beaten the Eagles and the team would still be 5-1 right now, or possibly worse.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 pm

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:lloydrules PLEASE>>>> shut the fuck up and sit down.

Fuck you. You offer no football content or views. So, go fuck yourself. Got it?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Steelers won a SB in the 80's (rams) DUMDUM and I do call that successful. My point is,for the most part we are ALWAYS in it. I dont drive a benz I drive a 07 Escalade- hence the name SCALAID6 (my 6th escalade I've owned)

OK, it was the 1979 season they won the super bowl in. And it is ALWAYS referred to as "The Steelers Super Bowl of the 70's." It is never referred to as the "70s and 80," tardo. And they aren't "always" in it. My point remains: They have done a good job, but that is no reason to accept dumb fucking moves. I specifically laid out what they COULD have added had they paid the correct price for a back up left guard. They'd have had $7 million more to spend, and our team would be much more solid had they not had a brain fart. DUMDUM.

And have fun paying for gas on the most overrated ride ever. My main ride has peddles. I do 95% of all errands with peddle power. And before you say gas prices are dropping it's only a temporary cycle. These cockroaches will pull some more levers to make it spike in price again. Bet on it. It is a given.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm

catesinator wrote:
lloydrules wrote:

Name the last rookie to start for the Steelers that didn't get his job due to injury. The answer is Kendrell Bell which was 7 years ago. Duane Brown would not have beaten out Willie Colon for the starting job. This is a fact. If Duane Brown was starting the Steelers would not have beaten the Eagles and the team would still be 5-1 right now, or possibly worse.

NOT ever having rookies contribute is not something to brag about, it's something to be embarrassed about!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Not ever? How bout Kordell in Super Bowl year of 95 DUMDUM. How bout Ben? DUMDUM. How about Woodley? DUMDUM.
The Steelers won the super bowl in 1980. Just like the Giants won it in 08. DUMDUM

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Not ever? How bout Kordell in Super Bowl year of 95 DUMDUM.

Fluke. Didn't even play his college position.

How bout Ben? DUMDUM.

Forced by injuries or he'd have never seen a snap and you know it (Oh, maybe you don't; you have demonstrated a high level of idiocy.)

How about Woodley? DUMDUM.

Barely saw the field until end of season. How much did Timmons play that year? OK. You're not a meat head or anything.

The Steelers won the super bowl in 1980. Just like the Giants won it in 08. DUMDUM

Is that why EVERYONE only refers to their super bowls as having taking place in the 70s? It was the 1979 season, you dolt.

Now keep spending half your pay on gas, you dimwit.

PreviousNext

Return to Stillers Talk