Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Game of the Week - Jags vs Stillers

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Game of the Week - Jags vs Stillers

Postby GCCSteel » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it, we are on the front page of NFL.com with a game of the week segment. It is about 13 minutes long and runs down the game with commentary. It has a few different angles for plays and you can hear what some of the players on the sidelines have to say during the game. About 7 minutes in, on Nate's TD grab, I think he gives the safety the finger...I'm not positive about that. It looks like he does, though.

There is also an official review like they do every week with Mike Pereira. It only has 3 plays and none of them are from the Steelers game, though. It is still a good feature to try to watch every week. Mike is the head official for the NFL and he reviews every penalty called and goes over it with the officials themselves.

I remember Pereira talking about the type of "ticky tack" penalties called on Nate and the DB during the game about a year ago. He said that we, as viewers, don't always get to see the jawing going on after the play, or how many times the official warns the players about their action. So maybe, with those fouls, the official had been warning both players about the stuff after the play a few times. He finally had enough and decided to throw the flag. It looked like a poor call to us, but he most likely had been warning them the whole first half. You can only warn so long before you have to take action.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Game of the Week - Jags vs Stillers

Postby El Nino » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:38 pm

awesome replay of the game :)

Practice Squad

Re: Game of the Week - Jags vs Stillers

Postby l33tDad » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:05 am

Sweet!! I've been looking for something to do here at work for the next 15 mins :)

Return to Stillers Talk