Seasoned Veteran

Reed ok, Keisel back on the grass, FWP on track

Postby steelmoney » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:30 pm

Berger may kick off against cincy however

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3631582

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Reed ok, Keisel back on the grass, FWP on track

Postby GCCSteel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:15 pm

I would personally rate Reed as a good kicker, a bit better than just ok. Does Keisel have any drug tests coming soon per the NFL? He should be careful...Also, Parker should be resting, not out on the track at this point in his rehabilitation. I am a busy man, so I don't have time for links. However, I think I got the main idea from your title, thanks. :D

Practice Squad

Postby Global Warmer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Right now I can't think of a better kicker than Skippy..... Just OK? You're kidding me... Dude is fucking clutch... Kicked two 47 yarders in OT against Raisins and made several ther long ones this year too.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:22 pm

Global Warmer wrote:Right now I can't think of a better kicker than Skippy..... Just OK? You're kidding me... Dude is fucking clutch... Kicked two 47 yarders in OT against Raisins and made several ther long ones this year too.

Agreed, Skippy is pure money. His FG's are perfection and his kickoffs are beyond ok. If I started a team and could pick my kicker, he's the man.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelmoney » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 am

That post was an injury update - not a "rating" of reed's abilities.

He is ok (ie his injury against jax was not that serious), fwp and keisel practiced yesterday.

Did anyone actually click the link?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby logjammin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:03 pm

Does the article say that Parker was actually gambling at the track, or just that he was there? I'm not sure, but I think the NFL has policies against players gambling. I saw a headline about that once. Anyway, he should'nt worry much, because if he is caught, he will be fine. Speaking of which, I was glad to hear that Harrison was fine today. I didn't know that there was anything wrong with him in the first place.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelmoney » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 pm

logjammin wrote:Does the article say that Parker was actually gambling at the track, or just that he was there? I'm not sure, but I think the NFL has policies against players gambling. I saw a headline about that once. Anyway, he should'nt worry much, because if he is caught, he will be fine. Speaking of which, I was glad to hear that Harrison was fine today. I didn't know that there was anything wrong with him in the first place.

well played!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby rick723 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:00 pm

Global Warmer wrote:Right now I can't think of a better kicker than Skippy..... Just OK? You're kidding me... Dude is fucking clutch... Kicked two 47 yarders in OT against Raisins and made several ther long ones this year too.

2 in OT?? Dagone refs got us again LOL
I know only one in OT

Practice Squad

Postby Global Warmer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:37 pm

If you remember, Balt called a timeout right as Reed kicked the game winner.... So he had to re-do it, and he nailed it again......

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Dayum right he did. In my opinion it was his best game as a Steeler. Roy Gerela don't have shite on Reed. LOLZ

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:19 pm

It's so good to hear that these guys are getting back on track and ready to return. I'm thankful Jeff Reed is okay. Geesh, we can't afford to have him hurt.

Return to Stillers Talk