Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Lets give em a hand, folks!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Lets give em a hand, folks!

Postby ILLSTILL » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:57 pm

The refs were unbelievable for this game. This night was practically article-worthy.

There were gaffes, ticky tack penalties, you name it in this fiesta of poor officiating!

We can give that o line of the steelers as much credit as we want, but there were at least 3 times the right side clearly false started, and the refs just kinda let it go by.

The o line false started so much so that the jaguars wanted to join in the fun, so how bout some missed offsides calls? Perfect!

Moving on...anyone notice how suddenly efficiently Harrison was being blocked on that final drive? Well, that would be because he was held or facemasked EVERY TIME.

Oh, but there's lots more ladies and gents, the circus continues!

After a Jaguar made a play on Washington, he was called for taunting for :shock: talking trash! Folks, take notice to how the flag doesn't come out until after Washington reacted to the taunt. :suspense:

In the ref's defense, they made up for that abysmal call for an almost equally as abysmal call, when Washington held the ball in front of one of the Jacksonville coaches because the coach said it was incomplete. I say it was almost equally abysmal because in all honesty, nate, that really proves nothing. But still, it's virtually guaranteed we would have never seen this call had there not been the earlier one for nearly the same thing.

Ike's PI was a very borderline call imo, but some people did find it quite ridiculous, so it's worth an honorable mention.

At some points in the game, I started to think maybe that jags o line was literally trying to strangle woodley to death, because they had their arms around his neck quite a bit and didn't seem to let up. Again, this is only an honorable mention.

Finally, the king of gaffes goes to the king of sacks (ok, technically runner up to john abraham), Silverback. I don't think much needs to be said about that roughing the passer call other than I completely agree with 92's assessment of why the penalty was called. And don't get me started on rtp and the Pittsburgh Steelers this year (ahem BIG BABY), because that penalty has practically plagued them (on both sides of the field), and it's only week 5.

:sufootballreferee: Here's to an absolutely horrendous night of reffing, fellas! :sushootem:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Lets give em a hand, folks!

Postby steelerette » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:01 pm

The officiating did blow. Off with their heads! :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Yep, ever since the Tim Donaghy case in the NBA the reffing has been suspect. Dont think for a minute that the NFL refs arent gullable enough to take money to "fix" a game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ILLSTILL » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:28 pm

steelerette wrote:The officiating did blow. Off with their heads! :lol:

Well the icon indicates more of an explosion of their heads.

...with what seems to be a laser cannon of some sort.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:24 pm

I was fully expecting the ref to address the crowd and say "I totally blew that call but I will make up for it next qtr."

Just like the commercial.

The NFL better address their reffing situation. I would prefer they go with a younger generation of refs to start with.

Return to Stillers Talk