Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » My opinion is...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

My opinion is...

Postby Guinness » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:50 am

Hoke should be the starting NT
I watch Fat Casey in SLO MO and I DON'T see him as a good player. Hoke is much better pushing the pocket and moving laterally, shedding his blocker and making the tackle.

Steelers offense in the 2nd half: D -
What happened to the quick passes to WR's and TE? Only 70 yards passing in second half almost entirely on the last drive. They completely lost the tempo that they had in the first half and made this game too close.

I've seen McFadden has break up more passes in the last 3 games as the entire secondary in the last 3 seasons.

Ben only had 1 "bad" sack where he needed to throw it away. I don't care about 3rd down sacks when they have to punt anyway but I do care about 1st and 2nd down sacks that puts them in a huge hole. 3rd and 10 is much better than 3rd and 18.

Farrior isn't heavy enough to play MLB. I'm guessing the guy only goes about 215 lbs. It becomes most apparant to me when I watch him blitz. RB's routinely pick him up when he blitzes. Harrison, Woodley and Timmons usually destroy the RB and TE's that try and block them on a blitz.

You have to take the good with the bad with Ben. We saw the best and the worst of Ben on a single play. We all know Ben has the propensity to hang onto the ball too long. On the miraculous throw to Hines I was screaming "get rid of it, throw it away"...a sack would have taken them out of winning field goal position (I didn't know that Jeff Reed was injured and couldn't have kicked anyway)...we all know the outcome...Ben is a hero for hanging on and hitting Hines while being pulled to the ground. A near disastrous, game-losing sack turned into the play of the game.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: My opinion is...

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:18 am

Nice analysis and writing style. Welcome Guinness!

Practice Squad

Postby Hughy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:43 am

I think you are spot on with Hoke. He should get the majority of the playing time and Casey should be brought in only when Hoke needs a breather. He seems alot faster and hungrier at this point in his career. Casey used to have that hunger but I think the only thing he hungers for now is about a half dozen Quarter pound cheese burgers.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:00 am

Guinness wrote:Hoke should be the starting NT
I watch Fat Casey in SLO MO and I DON'T see him as a good player. Hoke is much better pushing the pocket and moving laterally, shedding his blocker and making the tackle.

Steelers offense in the 2nd half: D -
What happened to the quick passes to WR's and TE? Only 70 yards passing in second half almost entirely on the last drive. They completely lost the tempo that they had in the first half and made this game too close.

I've seen McFadden has break up more passes in the last 3 games as the entire secondary in the last 3 seasons.

Ben only had 1 "bad" sack where he needed to throw it away. I don't care about 3rd down sacks when they have to punt anyway but I do care about 1st and 2nd down sacks that puts them in a huge hole. 3rd and 10 is much better than 3rd and 18.

Farrior isn't heavy enough to play MLB. I'm guessing the guy only goes about 215 lbs. It becomes most apparant to me when I watch him blitz. RB's routinely pick him up when he blitzes. Harrison, Woodley and Timmons usually destroy the RB and TE's that try and block them on a blitz.

You have to take the good with the bad with Ben. We saw the best and the worst of Ben on a single play. We all know Ben has the propensity to hang onto the ball too long. On the miraculous throw to Hines I was screaming "get rid of it, throw it away"...a sack would have taken them out of winning field goal position (I didn't know that Jeff Reed was injured and couldn't have kicked anyway)...we all know the outcome...Ben is a hero for hanging on and hitting Hines while being pulled to the ground. A near disastrous, game-losing sack turned into the play of the game.

This guy is RIGHT ON! I agree with EVERYTHING you said (and I have said the same things check my posts). The only thing I disagree with is Farrior. Most MLB are his size and his intagibles get him over and make him our defensive leader, that guy is a gamer. I agree with Timmons when he blitzes he BLOWS UP THE MIDDLE. I think your assessment would be better when applied to Foote and not Farrior. GREAT POST!

Return to Stillers Talk