Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Who is better in the AFC?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Who is better in the AFC?

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Buffalo? They got creamed by AZ. Yes, they lost their QB in first 3 play, but QB doesn't play D, and they got punked. Bills are pretenders. Better than last season, but not that good.

SD? LT is not right. Loss of Merriman. I still think they are very talented but not a lock to beat Pgh. Not even a lock to make post season at this point. But lame head coach has them losing games a decent head coach would not. Team needs to self motivate. Might happen when they have urgency from no more room for losing. But if LT is never right, they aren't the same team.

Colts? It's official. They aren't that good. Needed miracles to beat Texans. I don't see them getting that good this season.

Pats? Not as bad as advertised. Will still make play offs. But, no where near the same team. Not just Brady but D.

TN? The closest team one could argue as being better than Pgh. But, all defense, no offense. Pgh has good D, and a legit O. TN can't say that.

Balt is same as above.

Denver? Back to a decent O, unstable D.

Jags? They aren't far off. If they get some interior OL ppl back, they could re-emerge as a contender. Pgh destroyed their rushing game. Just handled them like madmen. It was great.

I believe SD, Indy and NE (and maybe Jags) would be a level better than Pgh at the start of the season. It hasn't turned out that way.

If Pgh can learn a lesson from the end of the Raven game, and last night, they can be right there with any team in the AFC. but, if FWP comes back, and they over use him up the middle, then we are fucked. Gad damn mental midgets. :sushootem:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Who is better in the AFC?

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Miami seems to be a rising star.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:50 pm

It's to early , lets see how it shakes out around week 9!

lets see where the colts and chargers are at around that time...those are the 2 teams that still have the most talent on paper , so lets see how things unfld over the next month..

the steelers still have a poor offensive line whch puts them as a ? still.
they could beat any nfl team since brady went down, but with that oline weakness they could also lose to alot of teams..

There is just no clearcut team to beat in the afc rite now.
Last edited by darthsteel on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:51 pm

lloydrules wrote:If Pgh can learn a lesson from the end of the Raven game, and last night, they can be right there with any team in the AFC. but, if FWP comes back, and they over use him up the middle, then we are fucked. Gad damn mental midgets. :sushootem:

To your point, the Arians game plan did show some, dare I say it, creativity at points last night.
However, the misplaced and frequent use of the empty backfield and shotgun when we hadn't properly set up the Jags defense to be successful with it almost screwed us over again.

I'm still pulling for Arians to learn how to plan for a game, work the plan and, more importantly, quickly recognize and make necessary adjustments. We saw glimpses of that last night - let's just hope we continue to see positive progress in that direction.

Onward and Upward :subngtowl:
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Coke Oven wrote:Miami seems to be a rising star.

It won't last once somebody cracks the code on defending the "Wildcat"
which won't be long now...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:01 pm

It's a long season. The team that's playing hot at the end of the year going into the playoffs is going to have the advantage regardless of what's going on right now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 pm

catesinator wrote:It's a long season. The team that's playing hot at the end of the year going into the playoffs is going to have the advantage regardless of what's going on right now.

McLovin agrees...AFC wide open the team that gets hot at the right time will win. HOLY PARITY this year!

Return to Stillers Talk