Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Showing some love for Mewelde Moore. THOUGHTS

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Showing some love for Mewelde Moore. THOUGHTS

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:45 am

Oustanding job last night. Showed great vision by not going out of bounds, cutting back inside and gaining a extra 13 yards on a fantastic run on the winning drive. Russell ran hard too. I like Stapleton and in my opnion Kendoll's injury is a blessing not unlike the injuries that pressed Big Ben into duty as a rookie. Crisco finally made a play but he still has some growing up to do. I absolutely love our OLB's probably our best two since we switched to the 3-4. Now, a lot has been said about Ben dramatizing his injuries. I agree he does. BUT. It's intelligent play. Without a doubt there will come a time when he actually is playing hurt but the defense won't know for sure. Big win before a well timed bye week. PEACE OUT

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Showing some love for Mewelde Moore. THOUGHTS

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 am

I agree 100 percent, he showe me alot. HE SHOULD PLAY MORE

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:44 am

Moore played very well. I was shocked that BA decided to play to the offense's strengths and Jax's weaknesses tonight. Thats the absolute right way to use Moore. Flares, some delays, getting him out in space. Dude reminds me of Kevin Faulk and I hope he's here for a few years.

The OLB's are beasts. Such a huge difference having 2 guys like that. Teams last year would just take away Silverback with double teams and what not. Now...they just can't. Both guys get some one on ones and they are winning those matchups and making plays like OLB's in 3-4 defense are supposed to do.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby StainlessStill » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:14 am

Moore was outstanding. It's just amazing what we possibly COULD HAVE what's sitting on the bench. (Ex. of Willie, Harrison, McFadden, and now Moore) It took Our first 3 backs to go down with injury just to see what Moore has (Same thing happened with Willie when Duce and Bettis went down in '05) and WOW do I like him. One thing I admire from his play so far is his burst. His legs are always turning and there were one or two instances last night where he FOUND the hole and HIT IT WITH EXPLOSION. He's also good with his vision and with his ability to cut back and use his body to get into open space. Look for more touches from Moore.
Last edited by StainlessStill on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:39 pm

I was very pleased with Mewelde's 99 yard accomplishment last night. :subngtowl:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Rushmore » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Moore: a breath of fresh air. Ran with abandon. Enjoyed watching him 'just play'.

The Steelers signed him for a reason. About time they used him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 pm

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvveeee Moore.

Such a breath of fresh air. Disappointing that staff had to be forced to use such a change up weapon.

I will say it again: Had we had FWP to play, we lose that game. They fall into an endless "FWP had that look in his eyes" and just don't do anything unpredictable.

Do you think Belichick won his 3 rings by being predictable?

He won them from being 100% creative.

The days of "here we come, try to stop us" are over. Why can't a Steeler staff - regardless of who - fucking get that?

Ben knows it.

Coaches don't.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby zapunto » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Rotoworld might be on to something here:

Mewelde Moore has started 13 games in his career. He's topped 100 yards from scrimmage in nine of them! (And one of those failures included an injury.)

Maybe he's a better option than even the Steelers realized.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:56 pm

he definitely played great, good addition to the team

Practice Squad

Postby Hughy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am

What I really like about him is his elusivness. His tackle breaking ability is amazing. He has nice hands. I am kind of shocked old Brucie gave a back the chance to catch a pass. Hope he keeps it up.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:42 am

Mewelde, played in every game this season (told you you guys watch channel zero) hes just a 3rd down back.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:44 am

And watch Russell when he gets a chance to shine, he will also IMPRESS. Najeh SUCKS! Our team has DEPTH

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Moore did a good job....which is WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

It was one game and one game only. I believe he displayed some good traits; however, I will not confuse him with Walter Payton anytime soon either.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:50 pm

Mewelde also played well when we beat the Ravens. Had it not been for his GREAT /catchrun we could have lost. I think he would be great in that full house offense that the Dolphins run. Have him and Willie in the backfield and direct snap to Mewelde and let his vision go to work. I think this will be effective for us.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:25 am

The Ole Miss Rebels have that package too. They beat Florida with it. Arkansas used it with Felix Jones and Darren McFadden and kicked a lot of arse.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 am

Are we advocating that Bruce runs the "wildcat" like Sporano and the Dolphins with Ronnie Brown and Belicheck did against the niners with Kevin Faulk? Who would be the wildcat? Moore, Willie...how about Hines Ward? Whiz would have jumped on the bandwagon if he were still here. Bruce? Maybe if the players push for it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Moore was good and he is a good weapon but after FWP and the rookie get healthy he will not be used again. Why, you ask? Because Arians AND Tomlin are IDIOTS. I would not start him over FWP but I would give him reps and give the opponents something to think about.
Nothing wrong with the " Here we come, try and stop us" as long as when they do stop you yo have an answer.

Practice Squad

Postby tjs1974 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Mendenhall is out for the season so Moore will definitely get more reps. I now see Willie getting 20-25 touches a game with Moore between 10-15 touches

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:04 am

The running game strategery was different. His yards were gained from 'stretch plays' a la Colts type runs. Hate to say it, but give BA credit. He ran the right runs plays for MM. I hope he runs the same plays with Fast Willie. Willie would have gained even more yards if he was in for those plays. Let's hope the O philosophy remains for the next few games...Willie is not Bettis, let's hit the corners and gain some freakin' yards, then run PA off of it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:47 am

jstallworth82 wrote:Moore was good and he is a good weapon but after FWP and the rookie get healthy he will not be used again. Why, you ask? Because Arians AND Tomlin are IDIOTS. I would not start him over FWP but I would give him reps and give the opponents something to think about.
Nothing wrong with the " Here we come, try and stop us" as long as when they do stop you yo have an answer.

By this post, its not hard to tell whos the REAL idiot. I guess it takes one to know one. Lets remember Big Ben devised the current playbook. The plays arians calls are the ones our Qb picked. Arians is only calling plays that our Qb likes. A little perspective when your calling coaches idiots.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk