Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Harrison/Woodley the new Lloyd/Greene?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Harrison/Woodley the new Lloyd/Greene?

Postby El Nino » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 am

Title says it all. Think they are comparable? Maybe even better? Gotta say this year I'm liking the LB corps, Woodley and Harrison's play is looking reminiscent of the blitzburgh era. The scary thing about this is with Timmons in the wings, this group has potential to be one of the best LB corps of all time. call me crazy if you will, just my opinion.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Harrison/Woodley the new Lloyd/Greene?

Postby GCCSteel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:41 am

I don't like comparing players to other players, but they are definately a force. They are both on pace to have big seasons (#2 and #4 in sacks so far). There seems to be constant pressure on the QB. The only thing is Harrison is already 30. Some might say he has fresh legs because he didn't get on the field for so long, but 30 is 30. That said, he still probably has 1-2 years of this dominant play left in him. I really want to see Timmons on the field more, which will happen as he gets more comfortable. I also hope that this gives Bruce Davis the opportunity to sit back and learn the packages and he becomes a solid starter like all the other 3rd round tweener picks. :suxfingers:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:52 am

It's beyond great when these two decide to throw a party....and meet at the quarterback.

Their QB sandwiches are better than anything on Primanti's menu!!!! :surockin: :subngtowl: :sucope: :surockin: :subngtowl: :sucope:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby StainlessStill » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:06 am

Lloyd/Greene? hmmmm

..Could be even better!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 am

El Nino wrote:The scary thing about this is with Timmons in the wings, this group has potential to be one of the best LB corps of all time. call me crazy if you will, just my opinion.

McLovin' is going to call you crazy Mr. Nino. Best of all time is pretty strong. Ham and Lambert in a different era and different defensive system but those guys are first ballot hall of famers. I agree with Mill that Farrior and Foote are not exactly stellar in the middle. That said Timmons and Woodley are a good young duo that will hopefully stack up with the likes of Lloyd, Greene, Brown, and Kirkland. Those 4 represent the best group of the 3-4 era in Pittsburgh.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Field General Ben » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 am

If Timmons wasn't rotting on the bench, that trio might be challenging Lambert/Ham/Russell.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Field General Ben wrote:If Timmons wasn't rotting on the bench, that trio might be challenging Lambert/Ham/Russell.

Harrison a starter for 1 full season
Woodley a starter for 5 games
Timmons NEVER a starter

McLovin loves the enthusiasm, but boys these guys are no where near Lambert/Ham/Russell. Give them a few seasons and lets see how many pro bowls they make and more importantly how many championships they win before comparing them to 2 all time greats.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Field General Ben » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:35 pm

McLovin wrote:
Field General Ben wrote:If Timmons wasn't rotting on the bench, that trio might be challenging Lambert/Ham/Russell.

Harrison a starter for 1 full season
Woodley a starter for 5 games
Timmons NEVER a starter

McLovin loves the enthusiasm, but boys these guys are no where near Lambert/Ham/Russell. Give them a few seasons and lets see how many pro bowls they make and more importantly how many championships they win before comparing them to 2 all time greats.

Of course they aren't, but the potential is certainly there from what I have seen.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Field General Ben wrote:
McLovin wrote:
Field General Ben wrote:Of course they aren't, but the potential is certainly there from what I have seen.

The potential is there for them to MAYBE be as good as Lloyd and Greene. Can't really compare players from different eras and systems, but you can compare the impact they have on a games outcome and so far Harrison and Woodley have made their presence felt particularly on these nationally televised games.

Return to Stillers Talk